Keurig Green Mountain Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Keurig Green Mountain CEO Brian Kelley
Brian Kelley

Pros
  • The work life balance is amazing and the people are great (in 6 reviews)

• Great company to work for if you need good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance poor work 10-12 hrs a day to put our fires (in 6 reviews)

• Hard to deal with headquarters in Vermont (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative, collaborative, opportunities for growth. Fast-paced, exciting - never bored! Ultimately, the people make it work. Employees are passionate about our products, and our brands - they are dedicated and hardworking.

Cons

Need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and evolving to meet the needs of the business. Not necessarily a "con" but rather a call-out as that type of environment isn't for everyone.

2. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has wonderful benefits growth opportunities. The business continues to grow the industry.

Cons

Most of the corporate positions are in VT or Mass and for those not wanting to move but continue to advance, it is difficult.

Advice to Management

Management doe a very good job and seems to really take time with their staff. The only advise would be more continuing education for career level staff.

Lost Its Way

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time

Pros

Good medical, dental, vision benefits, life & AD&D insurance, 401K and ESPP plans. Still some very good people working there...

Cons

Ineffective leadership in several areas, leaders who are not adept at managing a company through rapid growth and expansion. Managing a large company is not the same as managing through explosive growth.

So Different Than a Few Years Ago

I worked at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits Decent pay, especially for those in VT Still some unique benefits, like volunteer time

Cons

Future financial stability is uncertain Culture is changing to a "pass-the-buck" and "finger pointing" one Upper management leadership is questionable Leadership/management jobs dwindling in VT Focus only on money, not people Work/life balance is going in the wrong direction - starting to be non-existent

Advice to Management

I don't know if it is too late or not - but go back to what made the company so successful in the first place: finding and keeping great people with a terrific culture that focuses on collaboration and doing the right thing.

Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, VT

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain (More than 3 years)

Pros

The organization was sounded with wonderful ethics. It gives back to the community, offer excellent benefits and is forward thinking.

Cons

Many reorganizations that included layoffs over the past 3 years, does not promote a sense of job security. Very top heavy.

Advice to Management

Consult with the staff doing the work before implementing work models or tools that impact all. Much money could be saved.

Foundation Crumbling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Montpelier, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Montpelier, VT

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good people (at lower levels), good compensation (education, medical, dental, etc.)

Cons

Company has started to value $ more than people. Something opposite from when I started here.

Advice to Management

Remember what brought us our success: doing the *right* thing no matter what. Profits should suffer before people do (with layoffs).

Still a great company to work for, but starting to look grim...

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good schedule, average pay, great benefits, still a lot of great people working here.

Cons

Used to be an absolutely fantastic place to work. Now it's not much different than any other large company. Too many managers trying to pass the buck onto the next. Pay/Benefits are still good, for now. Company culture and attitudes of other coworkers on the decline. Unsure of company stability looking forward.

Advice to Management

This company used to live and preach K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), but has become anything but that. Processes, policies, etc. seem to change too frequently to keep up with. Every task involves far too much paperwork, boards, etc..

Maintenance tech 2

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Windsor, VA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Windsor, VA

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has been steadily growing for years, we have mandatory continual education program and lots of learning resources, you can create your own chance to advance.

Cons

Instability, lower than competitors pay, too much new blood in management destroying the operating principles that the company was built on. uncertainty in the current market brought on by the new hires.

Advice to Management

quit making packaging agreements that allow our competitors to sell their products cheaper than our own. if you want to hire top notch workers to make this product quit paying way less than your competition. ( All major companies have benefits packages our is no better) If you keep your workers happy, they will keep you happy.

10. We're on a road to nowhere (good)

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time

Pros

Benefits such as medical, dental, vision benefits, life & AD&D insurance and extras like the Wellness reimbursement program. Good people (those that are left after the most recent "workforce reduction")

Cons

Saying morale is low would be an understatement. The pay is not market, the hours are long (10-12 a day on the regular with weekend work) with no meaningful bonus in sight for the foreseeable future. While some benefits are good, others are lacking. In particular, I find the child leave particularly disheartening. 2 weeks paid, 4 weeks prorated and 6 weeks unpaid (the 6 weeks unpaid is guaranteed FMLA leave, nothing to do with Keurig, though they'll make it seem like they're giving you these six out of of the goodness of their hearts). Morale is low. It's tough to think about starting a family at a place like this. If you can get past the below average pay and tough hours, we still have a company in crisis. Our CEO has marketing vision, but has proven himself again and again to have a poor understanding of innovation. I don't think this is going to bode well for our future or the stock price.

Advice to Management

Stop passing the buck and take ownership of your teams and your mistakes.

11. Good Job

Former Employee - Maintenance Trainer in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Trainer in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Good people, great benefits, good work/home balance, condensed work week

Cons

12 hour days, constant change, buddy system for promoting at times

RSS Feed </> Embed