Keurig Green Mountain

Updated November 22, 2014
3.4

Keurig Green Mountain CEO Brian Kelley
Brian Kelley

Pros
  • The work life balance is amazing and the people are great (in 6 reviews)

• Great company to work for if you need good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance poor work 10-12 hrs a day to put our fires (in 6 reviews)

• Internal upward movement is not there anymore (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good and clean work environment; light industrial work; This business grew very fast and it is still growing. Therefore changes are always happening. Some of the supervisors are great and there are some good people working there. In general it is a better place than any other industrial jobs I've had before.

Cons

Long hours; have to stand on your feet for 11 to 12 hours. There is a long journey from a temporary position to a seasonal worker in order to finally become a full-time worker. Hiring process keeps changing. It is hard to change shifts.

Make the hiring process a bit more clear and straight forward.

Not that much work to do but decent pay and most engineering managers are easy going

Current Employee - Engineering in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay seems to be about average but the bonus is higher then most places (and they always have a good year. Except that once).
    Brewer engineering is filled with mainly 30 years so its a fairly fun place if your near that age.
    A good amount of intelligent people that your glad to work with that genuinely want to make a great product
    Most of the brewer engineering managers are sometimes high strung but mostly easy going.
    Brewer engineering tends to have a unlimited budget when it comes to ordering equipment or flying to manufactures for production (though its starting to tighten).

Cons

Politics stops many good ideas from making it to brewers.
    Huge worry about legal issues that stops many products from performing their best.
    Quality Control generally under qualified and rely on other groups to do their job which makes a hassle for the other groups.
    Benefits continue to be cut about once every 6 months. While the benefits are good still, they have been slashed multiple times every year as the company has grown
    Work is very streaky. Go from full blown few months of work to month long lulls of work.

Meetings. Way to many meetings to produce a brewer or address a problem. Just make a plan and do it. Don't have daily meetings to check up on a task or issue and waste everybody's time.
    Stop cutting benefits. It used to be one of the best things about the company but now would have no bearing on me if I were starting new and looking to work here.
    Don't do the apple timeline of one great new thing a year or if you do then properly plan out products so that enough time is in each schedule and feature creep is kept to a minimum.

Not the same company it was 2 years ago

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many good coworkers and nice office space. Good benefits. All the free coffee you can drink.

Cons

Lots of politics and finger-pointing. Keurig culture is toxic and has taken over the entire company. All new management and they don't seem to have a cohesive vision besides profit, profit, profit. Work-life balance is non-existent now.

Get rid of the dead weight at the top and listen to your employees. Make a concerted effort to stop the crazy 60 hour work weeks. Define company culture and make it happen.

OK place to work

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule id the biggest perk, along with the ability to take CAFE time to volunteer for a non-profit during work hours.

Cons

The organization is too heavy in the area of management, and not enough 'worker bees'. No clear career path, which can be be challenging. Resources need to be better utilized within departments.

Fast Paced..but often too fast

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and Exciting
    Upward Mobility Potential

Cons

Work-life balance
    Lack of acceptable policies/business practices
    Low accountability for certain groups

Do more to adequately monitor and distribute responsibilities/workload across the organization.
    Hire consultants to benchmark and implement policies that are standard for a $4.5B company and actually enforceable.

Innovative company that encourages new ideas and treats its employees with respect.

Former Employee - MBA BRAND MANAGEMENT INTERN in Waterbury, VT
    Former Employee - MBA BRAND MANAGEMENT INTERN in Waterbury, VT

I worked at Keurig Green Mountain as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in the Waterbury, VT office for a summer MBA internship and loved the experience. GMCR is an innovative company that encourages new ideas and allows employees to work on things they are passionate about. The work life balance is amazing and the people are great!

Cons

Not all employees have the strongest drive or work ethic, which can be a bit demotivating.

Continue to hire young talent to inject some passion and drive into the organization.

Great company that continues to grow.

Current Employee - Machine Operator
    Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time

Pros

Great company to work for if you need good benefits. The time off is also pretty good.

Cons

Change always comes from the top down.

Good company trying to do the right things

I worked at Keurig Green Mountain full-time

Pros

A good business model and strategy (single serve). Good and smart employees for the most part. Supports community service.

Cons

Not great at providing feedback to its employees. There are too many people do not get the coaching they deserve.

Rapid Change - Unlimited Chance to Grow

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Keurig Green Mountain is change at a rapid pace so there is an unlimited chance to grow here, but you have to be comfortable with ambiguity and work very, very hard.

Cons

A few of the downsides (and similar to other companies experiencing rapid change) is work/life balance. My advice - be honest with yourself on how much you can give and communicate that with the people that matter.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's making a better company.

Somehow, both too much and too little management

I have been working at Keurig Green Mountain full-time

Pros

Decent starting pay, great insurance

Cons

I work about fifty hours a week, (I am a production manufacturing trainer only scheduled for forty) and I while I am responsible for 100% of the duties in my job description I am told by management to do completely different things. Our recent CPI initiative means every time I need do any task I have to inform 7 different people, and then explain to each one (usually more than once) why I need to do it. Then I have to fight for resources to do so. All while being told I dont feel enough ownership

Keurig Green Mountain Photos