Keurig Green Mountain

Be The First To
Add Photos

Keurig Green Mountain CEO Brian Kelley

Brian Kelley

Pros
  • Everything depends on your manager's approach to the work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Great people (for the most part), good benefits (too bad not a lot of people use their community service time more), competitive salary(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are not based in Vermont, there will be less opportunities to participate in interns' activities(in 3 reviews)

Good company, huge growth

ProsHuge growth, great competitive pay, Vermont is amazing, innovative and entrepreneurial

ConsChaotic, many organizational changes, the challenges that come from working with a public company, limited exposure to executive leadership

Could be better

Pros- Great benefits
    - Ability to interact with mid to upper level management easily

Cons- Internal promotion difficult
    - Low pay
    - HR runs the company... managers cant be managers without a say from HR
    - Work/Life balance poor work 10-12 hrs a day to put our fires.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet managers make more HR decisions.

Jumped the Shark

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsExciting company that is always innovating and creating new businesses. Has some great leaders in the organization and has a remarkable track record of success. Was a phenomenal place to work and grow as a leader, now just a regular company with a slowing growth trajectory.

ConsBrian Kelley makes every decision and this is a significant demotivator. Additionally, the organizational structure is a disaster and people do not understand their role. There have been like 8 reorgs and another is coming. Place is very political and not anywhere near as fun as it used to be. Good people are leaving in droves.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow folks to make decisions at all levels and do not abandon the significant growth opportunities that still exist in the U.S. coffee business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unfortunately not what it was...

Anonymous (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat people (for the most part), good benefits (too bad not a lot of people use their community service time more), competitive salary

ConsToo many layers, no sense of small company anymore, culture has changed too much and not for the best, no sense of cross functional team work mainly due to directors and above.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of egotistical people and bring on the teamwork. Focus more on your team, your people.

Downhill fast

IT Department (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, people are great, job is fairly easy

ConsManagement decides first, and passes it down, which then all the problems come to light. Always backpedaling to pick up the slack. Nobody is held accountable. It is an "I need, and I want" environment. Morale is low, very toxic environment. No chance for upward movement in almost all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and listen to employees.

From the Best Place to the Poor Company

Engineer (Current Employee) Reading, MA

Prosthe people and the coffee (is free) - Michelle Stacy, please return to Keurig.

ConsPromotions based in friendship, more managers that workers. Diversity is just a background.

Advice to Senior Managementbe a leader , not a dictator or an incompetent. .

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Essex, VT

ProsGreat benefits and culture. There are a tremendous number of great people who all believe in the culture and want to see the company continue to "do the right thing for the business and the world.

ConsIt has become difficult to make an impact. The focus has transitioned to stock price rather than employee and consumer well being.

Advice to Senior ManagementShift the culture back a couple of steps and concentrate on what made the company great. It was one of the 10 highest performing stocks of all time before that was all that was considered.

Not what it seems

Maintenance (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsBenefits are good.
    Pay is good (depending on your job).

ConsJob advancement is almost impossible.
    Pay increases don't exist.
    The buddy system is entrenched here.
    Job bids are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide ways to reach obtainable job advancement and wage increases. Stop the rigged job bid system, and buddy promotions. As it stands there is almost no accountability and managers only give raises to their buddies.

flat...starting downward spiral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking people are dedicated to what they are doing. Efforts to make products better, faster, cheaper are real. Involvement with community is higher than I've seen in any other company

ConsManagement pyramid is becoming a rectangle. Increasing number of leaders providing conflicting/constraining direction and cutting off the ability to bring in workers to carry out their plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Understanding *what* was communicated has been lost. If I say to you "X" and walk away (or if you do it) that is not enough. What needs to happen is to ask "What did you hear?" and if the response is "Y" then something is wrong.

It's definitely changing

Software Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) Burlington, VT

ProsGMCR has had significant growth that is creating the need to raise the professional level of operating. This might be uncomfortable so some people, as noted in other reviews. The good news is that if you want to work in a professional environment with lots of opportunity then this is a great place to be.

ConsThe environment is changing - may not suit some.

Worked for Keurig Green Mountain? Contribute to the Community!