Key Energy Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Key Energy Services Chairman, President, CEO, and COO Dick Alario

Dick Alario

Good company with plenty of work

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Giddings, TX

ProsThe work is easy your home everyday and the employees are helpful to new guys. The benefits are great and they understand you have a life and family outside of the job and they're willing to work with your personal situations

ConsThe pay could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementMore money please

Great boss, lousy company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Midland, TX

ProsI work with great people, have a great boss, pay is decent, occasional bonuses, flexible schedule

ConsHigh turn over mostly due to lay offs when management has made poor financial decisions and has to cut costs... employees are usually the first to go... continuous change to bonus structure (when we get one).

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to value the employees more, remember they are the ones who get the bills paid and make you your paychecks. Also when you are implementing new policy stick with it for longer than two years before trying something different and turning employees world upside down again... Key has become a bit like a roller coast in the last several years.

Working in North Dakota

Mechanic (Current Employee) Williston, ND

ProsGreat Pay, benefits, housing reduced.

ConsCold weather, very cold. A ton of paperwork to work here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very lean times ahead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery collaborative environment, from corporate office to field locations. Leadership team is easily accessible and values input. Benefits and starting pay are slightly above industry average. For a mid-cap org., bureaucracy is limited, with a reasonable amount of flexibility.

ConsOne must aggressively negotiate starting salary, as raises and bonuses are the exception, rather than the norm. Employee morale is low, given significant WFR. Revenues have eroded over last several quarters. No employee development and limited opportunities for advancement, outside of business development or operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith lean times ahead, clearly communicate strategic direction to the troops. Recognize and seek to grow talent, particularly younger employees, as the oilfield service industry continues to age. Diversify customer mix; too much revenue comes from either too few top customers or from a specific geographic location/municipality.

My experience in Key very good, work with honesty, responsibility, all the time concentrating on my responsibilities.

Warehouse Manager/WH Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYes, all policies, values, and training very good for all employees

ConsI like the hard work and work in this field is very interesting

Organization could benefit from simple changes.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsKey has many friendly, hard working, committed employees. Safety is highly valued at the highest levels.

ConsKey has a fear-based culture. Interdepartmental accountability is rare. Fast turnaround is valued over quality work product. There is little employee development and low morale. Ineffective and costly business decisions are made by senior leadership, with the fiscal remedy being to cut bonuses and reduce work force. Some senior leaders have rather large egos that, if not fed, lead to a more difficult work life.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop, support, and increase loyalty to employees. Admit when mistakes are made. All of these improve morale, build trust, increase retention, and create a more productive environment.

Short term consultant - experience was just "ok".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood size company with room to grow in your career.

ConsI was a short term consultant but for the short time and the experience left me feeling empty. Not the team environment, warm fuzzy fealing I have received from other consulting roles but again it was a short term project.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on employee moral/personal growth is needed.

It is what it is.

Vacuum Truck Operator (Current Employee) Tioga, ND

ProsThere are good hard working people here. You are taken care of as much as possible. Key strives to hire the best that it can. They were plagued with poor management desicions in the beginning but over the years they have slowly rectified those mistakes and are gearing up for a good team to be on in ND.

ConsIf you have worked in the oilfield the flow of work is unstable. Same here at Key Energy some months may be slow then the next thing you know your working your tail off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetention is key keep the employees you have. Make yourself competitive with salaries and base pay.

As business went down, so did the employee value and input.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay, downtown, free parking

ConsHR, executives, atmosphere, religious affiliations all over work place,

hot oiler/pump truck driver

Pump Truck Operator (Current Employee) Levelland, TX

ProsThey have good insurance and good coworkers. Most of the jobs we do are long hour jobs.

ConsManagement doesn't accept responsibility for anything! All they do is point fingers and try to place blame everywhere but where it belongs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some bosses who aren't afraid to stand up for the good work their employees do. Limit pushers to finding new work and getting tickets signed.

Worked for Key Energy Services? Contribute to the Community!