Key Energy Services Reviews

Dick Alario

1. Good option

Former Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Key Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible company, good for new initiatives, good managers. Excellent benefits and fair remuneration

Cons

Seasonal business, producers don't respect service companies, lot of layoffs during downturns

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. Was a great job sudden layoffs

Former Employee - Fluid Engineer in Alice, TX
    Former Employee - Fluid Engineer in Alice, TX

I worked at Key Energy Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Was a great job and I enjoyed the work and the challenge. Pay was good and good benefits. Great people to work with and potential to move up in the workforce was available.

Cons

Sudden layoffs where upsetting for everyone. Upper management had no clue how the day to day operations worked and layed off based on the highest paying employees and kept the lowest level ones with only one person to look over them.

Advice to Management

Look at more than numbers when you have to lay people off. Keep employees who have bin there a long time and know what they are doing. You are going to have to have knowledgeable people when work picks back up.

3. Everything was fine except for the 6/3 work scheduale

Former Employee - Rig Supervisor in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Rig Supervisor in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Key Energy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, safety minded, good management across the board, solid company. I was very impressed with the way our part of the company was operated as a whole.

Cons

Managements hands were tied concerning work schedualing......customer had to much input into companies private buisness ( my opinion ) just saying.

Advice to Management

Learn to say " no " to customers where employees are concerned as work scheduales very much affect family / home lives.

5. Mostly positive, with a few quirks.

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Key Energy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, fairly laid back management and work environment. Strong focus on safety.

Cons

There's not a lot of emphasis from management on advancement, no mention of what is expected or how to do so, and even with recognition from every level of the organization for outstanding performance there is no mention of promotion.

Advice to Management

Better communication about the direction and state of the company, and clearer direction about what is expected and what opportunities are available for advancement.

6. Trk driver

Former Employee - Trk Driver in Sweetwater, TX
    Former Employee - Trk Driver in Sweetwater, TX

Pros

were always on time With the pay checks.one time I did have a issue it was taken care of on the very next check..hours if you wanted them.

Cons

communications were poor, at best.

Advice to Management

keeping a better schedule and Communications..

7. Overall a good experience

Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Odessa, TX
    Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Odessa, TX

I worked at Key Energy Services as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

All the staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. I was given everything I needed to work effectively Payed for my accommodation for the whole summer) Didn't micromanage and weren't strict as long as you get your work done. Would let people leave early on Fridays and allowed you to work overtime if you wanted

Cons

Definite lack of communication between different areas (HR, management, shop workers etc.) I talked to people that were frustrated because they felt their opinions and insight were not being valued. Granted the KTC facility is fairly new and there is a struggle to keep enough workers (typical for Midland / Odessa) a lot of effort was spent putting out fires and not chipping away at long term underlying issues

8. Great couture

Current Employee - Coiled Tubing Operator in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Coiled Tubing Operator in Longview, TX

I have been working at Key Energy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great couture value toward employees.

Cons

No secure job, and benefit for long term employees.

9. My experience in Key very good, work with honesty, responsibility, all the time concentrating on my responsibilities.

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager/WH Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Key Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Yes, all policies, values, and training very good for all employees

Cons

I like the hard work and work in this field is very interesting

Very lean times ahead

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Key Energy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very collaborative environment, from corporate office to field locations. Leadership team is easily accessible and values input. Benefits and starting pay are slightly above industry average. For a mid-cap org., bureaucracy is limited, with a reasonable amount of flexibility.

Cons

One must aggressively negotiate starting salary, as raises and bonuses are the exception, rather than the norm. Employee morale is low, given significant WFR. Revenues have eroded over last several quarters. No employee development and limited opportunities for advancement, outside of business development or operations.

Advice to Management

With lean times ahead, clearly communicate strategic direction to the troops. Recognize and seek to grow talent, particularly younger employees, as the oilfield service industry continues to age. Diversify customer mix; too much revenue comes from either too few top customers or from a specific geographic location/municipality.

11. A good experience and good learner's

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager/WH Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Key Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a company that's been growing and working in Key time was very interesting

Cons

More Communication, organization, coordination and more training to employees

Advice to Management

continue with the same energy and strength

RSS Feed </> Embed