KeyBank

KeyBank Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Updated Jun 23, 2014

KeyBank Chairman and CEO Beth E. Mooney

Beth E. Mooney

Pros
  • Solid work/life balance with opportunity to move around a large organization(in 31 reviews)

• KeyBank has good benefits and start off with great vacation time(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and incompetent Senior Management(in 10 reviews)

• There is a severe disconnect today with upper management(in 16 reviews)

78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great opportunity for growth

Project Manager II (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsBenefits, tuition reimbursement, work from home, & many career path opportunities for motivated individuals

ConsYou can become lost in the shuffle of too many people

It worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI was given a lot of great work.

ConsThere is no bias for action, politics overwhelm profitability, cowards unwilling to cut the fat.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what is right for the business.

Call Center Slave

Answer Bank (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsYou will have a "job" that is about it. Your co-workers will be fun.

ConsEverything else....low pay, bad benefits, no real leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk. Mangers don't actually perform any work. They micro manage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK, But too much offshore focus

Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsSome good project teams, nice facilities, great benefits, great people

ConsAverage mangement, too much focus to ship jobs offshore, not very willing to invent new solutions - would rather buy existing packages

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the spirit you had 10 years ago when you tried to be different and better than your competition

Key is fickle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsIf you like enduring constant reorgs, this is the place to be. My co-workers were the best team I ever had.

ConsRecently described by ex-employee as "dysfunctional". Did an about-face on outsourcing stance and ejected huge amounts of people at a time.

What a financial industry job looks like after the Recession of 2009

Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExcellent benefits; flexible hours; absolutely great work colleagues; top-of-the-line technical tools

ConsWork-life balance not in synch; organization is very slow to acknowledge, much less recognize work contributions from folks who are non-managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpenness and transparency in communication; encourage communication between stakeholders in a particular project, not just those who are peers of each other. Be more aware of bottom up communication, rather than just top down.

Managment department culture change changed the moral of employees

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsDecent benefit package, good 401K option

Consdoes not value long term or mature employees even when they are doing their jobs or exceeding their job duties

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more carefully at those who are selected for out placement before making your decision

Teller Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsTraining program is pretty good
    Lots of swag
    Decent benefits even for part-timers

ConsEmployee Goals are a bit unreasonable
    If you want to advance in your career, you have to *really* like being in the banking industry

Advice to Senior ManagementStay honest and value your employees.

Hierarchical, silo'ed, with a culture that encourages secret-keeping and blame

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGood work-life balance
    Pockets of talented professionals depending on department/region, etc.

ConsCulture is not transparent or inclusive, which makes it difficult to innovate and slow to market with products.
    Constant (every 12-24 months) reorganization involves lots of employee churn as the bank hires cheaper and cheaper resources. $150-$200 worth of cuts planned between July 2012 and Dec 2013.
    Significant leadership turnover, slow to hire leadership (for example, Talent Leadership position open for almost 2 years between 2010 and 2012).
    Advancement happens largely when favorites are "tapped on the shoulder" by leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn inclusive and transparent leadership culture where leaders were evaluated BY their employees (i.e. 360 review) and were successful because of their people development skills would improve succession and workforce planning efforts as well as improve morale and the culture generally.

A thrilling, torturous ride

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat pay, phenomenol bonuses, and a few great people to work along side.

ConsKey Bank works hard to make one believe they're the only place one can possibly work. They're possessive, political, and bound to mindless rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn it over. Turn it all over.

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!