KeyBank

KeyBank Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Updated Jul 23, 2014

KeyBank Chairman and CEO Beth E. Mooney

Beth E. Mooney

Pros
  • Solid work/life balance with opportunity to move around a large organization(in 31 reviews)

• KeyBank has good benefits and start off with great vacation time(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and incompetent Senior Management(in 10 reviews)

• There is a severe disconnect today with upper management(in 16 reviews)

79 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Potential, Uneven Delivery

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThere are a large variety of projects to work on, and I'm always busy. My Manager really works hard to get our group a seat at the table, and will always stand up for us. We have the ability to work remotely, which is a great example of "work is a thing you do, not a place".

ConsThere are a lot of gaps when trying to communicate across teams. Many projects are set up on too large of a scope to get any traction and often will crumble under their own weight. While working remotely can be an advantage (see above) serious technical issues, especially around meetings, happen way too often.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on making the right decision the first time. While admitting your mistakes is appreciated, the start and stop "progress" on major initiatives is frustrating. "Too difficult" and "Too expensive" become tiresome very quickly, and it makes it difficult to believe in "new" initiatives.

Technology Department(s)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsPTO time after 5 years is good.

ConsManagement needs to learn how to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out bad management.

Management is lazy and incompetent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsBenefits are good
    Working with customers was enjoyable
    Good work/life balance

ConsPetty, juvenile employees
    Lazy and incompetent managers
    Few employees operate with ethics
    Unethical management
    Lots of customer complaints on bank fees

Advice to Senior ManagementThey think they know it all, theres nothing to advise them on and they all think they are awesome and that they are the reason for success, not the employees actually doing the work.

Overzealous, tons of overlap on reporting numbers. They gather numbers then dont do anything with them. Makes me think all managers have to report their numbers to their managers for sole purpose of creating work for everyone else.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of resources

Licensed Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat people and great vacation time

ConsBad technology and low resources

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology and training.

Short but sweet!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosshort commute, flex hours, mobile working, good working conditions

ConsLarge company, leadership to co-worker balance is adequate, training should be for contractors also!

IT area

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat benefits - especially vacation and 401K match

Cons-Highly political / cut throat.
    -No clear vision
    -Constantly switching direction causing workforce to swirl
    -They make their numbers look great while spending millions of dollars in wasteful development.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegarding Key Values: Practice what you preach. Your words are vapor.

Overall good place to work.

Compliance Analyst IV (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsFlexible scheduling including working from home and opportunity for meaningful work.

ConsLimited opportunities to advance and small raises despite good reviews.

OK Work If You Can Get It

Investment Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe work life balance is good. Remote, mobility centers, and standard offices/cubes are supported through capitalization. Upper and lower management are effective. Very customer/area oriented with community bank bank model focus implementing super regional resources.

ConsUpward career tracks are somewhat challenged at lower end with efficiency initiatives. Healthcare benefits discourage families but this seems to be the trend nation wide. Healthcare benefits took a hit in 2014 but this may be partially due to new legislation. Turnover of middle management seems to be more than average.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Can not trust anyone.

Designer (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsFairly base pay and Good benefits package.

ConsBad communication from upper management. Low morale and backstabbing colleagues.

No raises given to young technology employees, no incentive to stay

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsStable and subdued workplace, 401k match.

ConsCulture involves fearmongering and control, poor opportunities for personal growth, poor salary increase schedule, regular rounds of layoffs, no respect for technical staff (they are considered disposable). Benefit cost high versus other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company will be more competitive with technical offerings, not more marketing and fees. Regarding technical staff as non-valued cost center employees who exist to fulfill whatever marketing develops is sure to result in technology product offerings that are unstable, non-innovative, and weak compared to competitors such as USAA FSB.

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!