KeyBank Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
KeyBank Chairman and CEO Beth E. Mooney
Beth E. Mooney

Pros
  • It allows for a good work life balance (in 37 reviews)

• Fairly base pay and Good benefits package (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no work-life balance, even though they have the technology to allow more flexibility, this will also depend on the department/manager (in 10 reviews)

• Horrible upper management; some of them don't even understand the reports that they use to write up the employees for performance improvement plans (in 15 reviews)

1. Most consistent thing is change

Current Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at KeyBank full-time

Pros

Above average PTO allowance. Future opportunities for career advancements as 20-30+ year veterans decide it's time to retire. Most mid & high level managers/executives can be reached if that's your desire. For sales professionals, KB has plenty of room for growing its market share. Market saturation is not an issue like other local competitors.

Cons

Benefit cost, regular change, Our high IC Comp is purely revenue driven & challenging. We sell based on ones pain instead of most owners wanting cost savings/advantages w/ well integrated technology.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Small Business Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Small Business Relationship Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Small Business Relationship Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Decent starting pay range. Good benefits.

Cons

Corporate job that is in the branch creates conflict of chain of command.

Advice to Management

Less regulation on daily activity. Let them sell in the manner they see fit. Less pressure for phone sales.

3. Decent place

Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at KeyBank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people Good learning experience

Cons

Pau is lower than market

Advice to Management

Adjust pay

5. Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay relative to other banks.

Cons

Commission structure is horrible. Too much pressure for sales results and lack of patients for those results. They claim ethics but management will push you into being non-ethical. Not willing to listen to new ideas. It is no different then any other bank. They don't encourage long term growth and help with a career development. It is probably the reason for the consist turnover.

Advice to Management

Focus to career development and leave yourselves open to new ideas. If you know everything, then why are you getting the same results. Quit trying to act as though the commission structure is great, its not.

6. Work part time for 3 years

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at KeyBank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers. Good Hours. They do have a college payment program for full and part time people. Benefits are okay but not great.

Cons

I have been looking for a full time position for about a year and still can't find one. Goals are hard to meet and they keep raising.

Advice to Management

My advice is to stop concentrating on goals. You set goals for people to reach. When you are expected to be at 100% all the time, that is not a goal, that is requirement. If you set a goal at 10, then the required amount should be 8 or 80%. That makes a lot more sense. Fearing you are going to lose your job because you're not hitting "goals" is unacceptable.

7. If you don't care about work life balance, this can be an ideal job

Former Employee - Investment Banking Summer Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Summer Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give actual work and you feel you are making a difference. A lot of team work/ projects given. If you stay until 8 pm, dinner is on Key. Taxi fee is reimbursed if you are going home late. They treat their intern pretty well. Upper management is helpful when it comes to networking and making connections.

Cons

Too much overtime. Little to no work life balance for some groups withing investment bank. Favoritism is prevalent everywhere. Most of my co-workers and bosses had materialistic approach toward life( within investment bank).

8. An ok work experience that soured over time

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent 401k and PTO benefits. Flexible work schedule start times as well as work from home capabilities while working in IT. Decent healthcare although the costs just keep increasing... that's everywhere now perhaps....

Cons

I disagreed with most of the major decisions handed down from leadership. Promotions were hard to come by and raises and bonuses were sporadic and based more on if the company was in a period of expansion or contraction... It seemed to be feast or famine in terms of compensation.... usually famine.

Good

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable; good down to earth people

Cons

Slow salary growth; very slow

Advice to Management

Pay better

A Good Bank With Typical Bank Issues

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits decent, coworkers care for the most part, most products well conceived, if you sell you usually get support, consistency of the brand

Cons

Sr management seems stuck in slow mode, technology needs overhaul, political petty games, constantly changing directions, want sales but no pay to do so

Advice to Management

Leave your ivory towers and ask the leaders in the field what is needed, try to think like innovators and dare to lead change in banking. - you're doing nothing innovative.

11. Good Potential, Uneven Delivery

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at KeyBank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a large variety of projects to work on, and I'm always busy. My Manager really works hard to get our group a seat at the table, and will always stand up for us. We have the ability to work remotely, which is a great example of "work is a thing you do, not a place".

Cons

There are a lot of gaps when trying to communicate across teams. Many projects are set up on too large of a scope to get any traction and often will crumble under their own weight. While working remotely can be an advantage (see above) serious technical issues, especially around meetings, happen way too often.

Advice to Management

Focus more on making the right decision the first time. While admitting your mistakes is appreciated, the start and stop "progress" on major initiatives is frustrating. "Too difficult" and "Too expensive" become tiresome very quickly, and it makes it difficult to believe in "new" initiatives.

RSS Feed </> Embed