KeyLogic Systems, Inc.

KeyLogic Systems, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Jon Hammock

a Great company culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pitts, PA

ProsThey care about the quality of work, the customer, and the employee.
    And they invest the time to maintain a steady flow of improvement to our processes.
    Their concern for the employees is both genuine and very comprehensive.

ConsNone for me, truly. Maybe I don't have enough time in yet.

Great place to work

ProsGood corporate culture - work hard, play hard, and understands work-life balance. Management passionate about company. Very customer oriented - takes pride in having repeat customers. Competitive benefits.

ConsToo many initiatives/priorities that are not well thought out or understanding of impact of competing priorities. Communication could improve between management and staff. Information tends to be silo'd based on work location. Skills training is rare, often left to the employee to pursue training/knowledge.

Great Company

Developer (Former Employee)
    Columbia, MD

ProsGreat place! Really enjoyed working there.

ConsNone, thought it was a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Miserable Place to Work

Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe checks didn't bounce. Decent work\life balance, stemming from there not being a whole lot to do.

ConsWhere to start.

Senior Management is a group of absentee landlords. They are far more concerned with their handicap on the links than the performance, or lack there of, of their employees. This left a group of miserable and unqualified middle management that did nothing pass their misery along to their subordinates. I was unfortunately saddled with the worst one; a miserable bully, who enjoyed sending angry, insulting, and sometimes profane emails, berating employees over the smallest thing. I was actually admonished for an improperly placed comma in an 18 page procedural document. It was the type of abuse that one would normally report to human resources, if the company had a functioning human resources department.

The pace was also extremely slow, leaving you with stretching of nothing to do or being saddled with busy work. Being government contractors, the only goal was to bill hours to clients whether anything productive was being done or not. Our tax dollars at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what is going on in your company.

Very good company, moving on to their next chapter.

ProsKeyLogic is evolving from where they were, a small business with just a few clients, and into a mid-sized concern looking to broaden their base. They are trying to keep the best parts of the old culture, especially employee engagement and awards/recognition, while facing the realities of the current Federal contracting environment and competitive pressures. They know what they need to do and are moving out on a very solid plan.

A wonderful company and one I would recommend to anyone looking for an inclusive, 'different' kind of work environment.

ConsWith change, there are moments of chaos sometimes, but they do the best to minimize it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to move out on your strategic plans, don't take your eye off the ball, and continue to invest in your people.

Good company getting a lot better!

Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsLot's of communications with employees. Know what's going on. New business development team hired to grow. New management making sure we are performing and growing now that we are not a small business. New performance review system is very good. Personal goals and a career path can be planned.

ConsNew environment is not for everyone. Maybe not a "con" but we have all to step things up and be great. Some may not like this new expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. I like the change and the new direction we are headed.

New opportunities in a difficult DC consulting market

ProsUnlike some of the major consulting firms in the DC area, KeyLogic has be able to avoid massive layoffs. We've kept most of our contracts. The focus on client satisfaction and performance has been key. It's a great place to learn, work with smart and capable people, and make a difference. Compared to the rest of the government consulting community, it is very stable.

ConsSome employees "lingered" to long without providing much value. It is being dealt with now, for which I credit the new COO.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on the balance between employee and company performance. Focus on the future and making sure employees are ready for it. Encourage innovation and individual contribution.

Positive Changes as we graduate out of small business to large business status

ProsChange is good - we are poised for growth. I expect challenges with growth and change, but that is a good thing! I constantly believe in voicing questions and open communication - being persistent and proactive will help us fly forward!

ConsAssumptions and opinions can run wild - whether at work or any life situation; change can lead to uncertainty. This is the time to grasp the change and ignore the negatives. The grass isn't greener - change is normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep charging forward and remember to take our temperature from time to time so that we are all on the same page!

Not the great place it once was

ProsGreat co-workers; lots of company events

Conseveryone is salaried with tons of overtime, nights and weekends. Raises are tiny, maybe 2% a year. New management has made this a scary place to work, random firings and everyone is backstabbing now. Only a select few get recognized for their work, over and over again. When I started here everyone was so relaxed and friendly, but that's all changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease figure out how to get the old atmosphere back. Or maybe we're supposed to be grow like this. I don't know.

Been here 5 years. Recent multiple closed-door firings without warning now makes it a frightening place to work.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MD

ProsCEO seems to care, but his message isn't in line with the reality of the company. Good initial pay. Was once a team environment. Various awards and bonuses seem nice, but select few win them.

ConsThey take advantage of salary pay with long hours without overtime most weeks but when you have a rare slow week, even though you're on salary, you have to take vacation time to cover the time because they won't give an indirect labor charge code.

I've seen at least three people suddenly fired after receiving positive reviews and public kudos. That makes KeyLogic a scary place to work. I'm always wondering if today is the day the ax will fall on me. Mostly since the new COO was hired, the work environment has grown uneasy and hostile.
    Management overlooks good internal people who work hard, instead promoting young and inexperienced people or hiring externally.

If you're not one of the chosen few, the awards are really out of reach. They don't notice great work of people unless they have high visibility within the company and managers often focus on the negative.

Customers can give the contract and your work great scores, but although the company will earn bonuses, the average employee will never see them. Small 2% raises are considered good.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy primary advice is to take a look at the 'little people' who are doing the work. Notice them! Notice the good work they're doing then award them for their excellence and dedication! Spread the wealth to the people in the trenches doing the work!
    Stop breaking the laws concerning salary. Either pay overtime, or give people a place to charge time to in those rare slow periods.
    If budget cuts are forcing you to cut staff, tell us so we have time to look for another job. If something else is going on, tell us! But stop the seemingly random firings! Promote people from within, and promote qualified people, not the unqualified but special few.

Worked for KeyLogic Systems, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KeyLogic Systems, Inc. CEO Jon Hammock. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by KeyLogic Systems, Inc. employees.