KeyLogic Systems, Inc.

3.7

Jon Hammock

New employee

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very innovative, adaptive and visionary company on the edge of significant growth even in these lean defense years. A blended potfolio of defense, civilian federal and commercial business that balances the current market. Great people with energy and vision. Very competitive company that supports customers, small business and partners.

Cons

As we grow, will need to build internal support infrastructure.

Outstanding Entrepreneurial Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has experienced consistent growth since inception some 15 years ago. Very entrepreneurial environment fosters an innovation lab type of environment. Company is launched in the right direction and is attracting like-minded teaming partners and employees. Focus is on providing clients outstanding support, while nurturing staff and providing opportunities for growth. Very dynamic experienced CEO and leadership team. Very smart and collaborative consulting staff who are deftly supporting some of the largest federal agency clients on high-impact programs. Strong local community commitment.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-to-5, check off the boxes, go with the flow environment, then you could fit in here.. But, the company is in smart growth mode so personnel are asked to contribute ideas related to not just growth but a better working environment. So, shrinking violets may have a slight difficulty. There have been a few expected hiccups associated with growth as the company transitioned from a small business to a larger business but those are being aggressively addressed.

Keep fostering the "can do" environment. In addition to continuing to harness and leverage the outstanding network the CEO has built/is building, leverage the overall ecosphere network of all employees. Constantly promote brand awareness in the business community.

Great place to work

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good corporate culture - work hard, play hard, and understands work-life balance. Management passionate about company. Very customer oriented - takes pride in having repeat customers. Competitive benefits.

Cons

Too many initiatives/priorities that are not well thought out or understanding of impact of competing priorities. Communication could improve between management and staff. Information tends to be silo'd based on work location. Skills training is rare, often left to the employee to pursue training/knowledge.

a Great company culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pitts, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pitts, PA

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They care about the quality of work, the customer, and the employee.
    And they invest the time to maintain a steady flow of improvement to our processes.
    Their concern for the employees is both genuine and very comprehensive.

Cons

None for me, truly. Maybe I don't have enough time in yet.

Great Company

Former Employee - Developer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Developer in Columbia, MD

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place! Really enjoyed working there.

Cons

None, thought it was a great place.

None

Miserable Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The checks didn't bounce. Decent work\life balance, stemming from there not being a whole lot to do.

Cons

Where to start.

Senior Management is a group of absentee landlords. They are far more concerned with their handicap on the links than the performance, or lack there of, of their employees. This left a group of miserable and unqualified middle management that did nothing pass their misery along to their subordinates. I was unfortunately saddled with the worst one; a miserable bully, who enjoyed sending angry, insulting, and sometimes profane emails, berating employees over the smallest thing. I was actually admonished for an improperly placed comma in an 18 page procedural document. It was the type of abuse that one would normally report to human resources, if the company had a functioning human resources department.

The pace was also extremely slow, leaving you with stretching of nothing to do or being saddled with busy work. Being government contractors, the only goal was to bill hours to clients whether anything productive was being done or not. Our tax dollars at work.

Pay attention to what is going on in your company.

Very good company, moving on to their next chapter.

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

KeyLogic is evolving from where they were, a small business with just a few clients, and into a mid-sized concern looking to broaden their base. They are trying to keep the best parts of the old culture, especially employee engagement and awards/recognition, while facing the realities of the current Federal contracting environment and competitive pressures. They know what they need to do and are moving out on a very solid plan.

A wonderful company and one I would recommend to anyone looking for an inclusive, 'different' kind of work environment.

Cons

With change, there are moments of chaos sometimes, but they do the best to minimize it.

Continue to move out on your strategic plans, don't take your eye off the ball, and continue to invest in your people.

Good company getting a lot better!

Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot's of communications with employees. Know what's going on. New business development team hired to grow. New management making sure we are performing and growing now that we are not a small business. New performance review system is very good. Personal goals and a career path can be planned.

Cons

New environment is not for everyone. Maybe not a "con" but we have all to step things up and be great. Some may not like this new expectations.

Keep it up. I like the change and the new direction we are headed.

New opportunities in a difficult DC consulting market

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Unlike some of the major consulting firms in the DC area, KeyLogic has be able to avoid massive layoffs. We've kept most of our contracts. The focus on client satisfaction and performance has been key. It's a great place to learn, work with smart and capable people, and make a difference. Compared to the rest of the government consulting community, it is very stable.

Cons

Some employees "lingered" to long without providing much value. It is being dealt with now, for which I credit the new COO.

Keep working on the balance between employee and company performance. Focus on the future and making sure employees are ready for it. Encourage innovation and individual contribution.

Positive Changes as we graduate out of small business to large business status

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Change is good - we are poised for growth. I expect challenges with growth and change, but that is a good thing! I constantly believe in voicing questions and open communication - being persistent and proactive will help us fly forward!

Cons

Assumptions and opinions can run wild - whether at work or any life situation; change can lead to uncertainty. This is the time to grasp the change and ignore the negatives. The grass isn't greener - change is normal.

Keep charging forward and remember to take our temperature from time to time so that we are all on the same page!

KeyLogic Systems, Inc. Photos