KeyPoint Government Solutions

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Eric Hess

Pros
  • One of my favorite things is being able to work from home some each week (in 23 reviews)

• Flexible Schedule, Work From Home (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The field managers have never done this job before but are somehow deemed capable of determining the amount of time a case should take to complete (in 8 reviews)

• No merit or cost of living increases (in 4 reviews)

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

Automated assignments are great. Dynamic, ever changing policies keep me mentally sharp and safe from hitting higher tax brackets. I can't say enough good things about KGS. They want me to succeed and constantly look out for me by heavily over assigning work forcing me to become a better investigator. Sure, I haven't been good enough yet to meet stats or bonus but they keep pushing me to succeed and I appreciate it. I know I'll get there one day. Some BIs get frustrated, but not me. The reviewers help me out by enforcing the daily shifting standards and I've made a game out of trying to get the same answer from different reviewers every week. It helps relieve stress. That's another reason I love KGS. Keeping up morale in unexpected ways! I also commend KGS for swimming against the tide and trying to make automated assignments work. Sure it's been tried everywhere else and it is failing just as badly here as in other companies but at least they're trying! I like that "SMART" sends me in all directions, wild distances, ignores case integrity and gives me transmissions due every day of the week. It keeps the job interesting. Sure it kills my stats and jeopardizes quality and integrity but big KUDOS to the company for trying. I hear investigators, field managers, workload managers and all the regional managers hate the program, so Way To Go, CEO for making this needed change happen. We were flailing around out here before with tightly zoned areas and balanced case loads. It is inspiring to us to see the CEO go against the wishes of 99% of the company and be willing to degrade efficiency in the field in order to force this needed change! The main reason I stay with KGS is because they make me feel so valued. I know the USIS people were brought in at higher salaries than those of us who've been loyal to the company for many years, but so what? With the stellar way the ran that company, who can blame KGS for wanting to hire them to run this one and paying them more than their KGS peers? It just makes sense. Those long time KGS employees who were passed over in favor of the new people should be thankful they're in such experienced and capable hands. You can already see the USIS's atmosphere of trust, integrity, loyalty, honesty and transparency flourishing now at KGS!

Cons

I can't seem to get to 200% of my "minimum" case load. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Many of my coworkers are well over 200% but I can't seem to get past 180% week over week. I've asked my FM for help but they insist I'm actually only assigned to 100%. It gets frustrating. I had 2 days last month with no transmissions due. I'd really prefer to have them due Every. Single. Day.

Advice to Management

I surely don't envy you execs trying to figure out why you are bleeding investigators. It is a complete mystery to the investigator corps and all your field managers. I know the skeptical among us will say that we're the new USIS where profit trumps everything including morale, reasonable goals, integrity, national security. Don't listen to them. They're just the vocal majority who only believe what they see and experience. They don't have the faith I do in corporate communications and "field calls" that explain how we're not really overworked, not really underpaid, not really being demoralized by automated assignments, and that somehow 31 SU's in assignments due in a week really only means the 17.1 SU's I need to hit my target. They are just disgruntled soon to be former employees that we'll be well rid of when they go. Stay the course! Sure we're driving straight off a cliff but that's nothing that can't be solved by some Excel reports, more changes to the refile policies, and obviously more automated assignments. I'd be happy to talk to the friendly people in HR who monitor these, but ever time I ask for somebody there I'm told they've quit. Looks like field investigators isn't the only area where KGS is bleeding good talent. I've lost track of the number of directors and senior managers who've walked away from this place in the last several months. All good people from what I hear. Makes you wonder what they knew that we don't. I'm not worried, though. Plenty of USIS leadership out there still to fill in the losses and really turn this company around!

Reviewer 2

Current Employee - Reviewer II in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Reviewer II in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work from home with flexible hours. The pay is competitive to other companies in the same field.

Cons

The production standards are difficult to maintain. Some managers are very distant. Field is currently in flux

Quantity over Quality

Current Employee - Special Investigator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Special Investigator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. You get to make up your own schedule. Salary isn't bad but wish they kept the company cars

Cons

They prefer quantity over quality. They are so consumed with source units and production that it seems that quality takes a back seat. Production is the only thing they care about. The production levels are nuts as well and unworkable

Advice to Management

Get rid of smart and start focusing on quality and not just on quantity.

Individuals great, leadership toxic

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

I personally have had good opportunities for advancement, although that hasn't been the case for everyone. Many individuals are competent, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

Leadership is all new in the last year and has no loyalty to existing workforce. Decisions are always made purely for expediency, never from a genuine desire to improve national security. Communication from the top and between departments is slim to nonexistent, meaning that when one person makes a decision that seems "expedient" they don't have all the information and mess things up for everybody

Advice to Management

If you don't have time to do the research and get educated on an issue, delegate the decision to someone who understands the problem instead of making a snap decision that will make your own life easier.

Not horrible, but far from good

Former Employee - Background Investigator in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in San Mateo, CA

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work remotely from home and the work takes one to many different locations within a geographic area.

Cons

Work is quota-based and there is constant pressure for investigators to meet quota. Emphasis is on production which at times feels like a conflict of interest when attempting to complete thorough background investigations. Workload is very heavy.

Advice to Management

Management stresses that quality and integrity always come first. The stat-driven production model creates an undertone that quantity comes first. Find a new model. Also, base wages more fairly on the cost of living within an investigator's geographic area.

Call me crazy

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

I've been on this contract 15 years and I actually like keypoint. I feel they are fair. If you feel pressured and overworked then you don't understand how keypoint works. All you have to do is turn in the amount of work for your level....That's it and this I understand. At usis you could turn in the work of 3 people and they would still play head see trying to get more. This is actually the best I've had it on this contract. Hope they don't change....but they probably will once the shareholders start pressuring for more money and ruin it.

Cons

The good is the bad. Meaning you work from your home so work is always hanging over your head. It's hard to keep a work/home balance but it's still better than going to an office 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Advice to Management

Try to keep this company from being consumed by the vultures who ruin everything.

Special investigator

Former Employee - Special Investigator in Eastern, KY
    Former Employee - Special Investigator in Eastern, KY

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Work from home, no boss breathing down your neck, decent pay, decent benefits

Cons

incompetent and uncaring management, impossible goals ie: too much work expected to be done in too short a time, unsteady/unstable flow of work, I could go on and on. This job, in general would be PERFECT if OPM and the companies would listen to people and make some changes.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings and not like your drones/servants.

Train wreck waiting to happen

Former Employee - Background Investigator
    Former Employee - Background Investigator

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Work at home remotely. Allowed to make your own schedule. Decent pay, if you can keep up with the workload demand of your level.

Cons

Upper management is out of control. Investigators are people too and can only do so much work. No one wants to stick up for investigators. When investigators try to get help, "oh just do it and then submit a survey to disagree"! Ridiculous!

Advice to Management

Pretend you care about the people doing the hardest work for the company. Listen to them and take their advice. Quit saying "yes, we hear you" and then ignoring everything they said. We are very aware you don't care, but sometimes even the smallest bit of empathy will make employees want to actually work and be PROUD of the company they work for. That is the most important thing in getting people to feel like they WANT to work for the company. Focus more on positive than always seeming to send negativity. A pat on the back would be nice. Bonuses became so hard to get anymore that there is no use trying. One step forward for management's benefit, but always two steps back for employees.

Investigator

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Working from home, but you never leave the job, and the work is steady, actually too steady.

Cons

The work is a job, not a career. The caseload is overwhelming and stressful. The demands of management, and they are constant, is based on greed. The more work pushed the more revenue. The company is going down the same path as USIS and the future will be just as bleak. The company took in upper management from USIS and implemented the same company system that was the demise of USIS. Keypoint will lose its more valuable asset, the investigators who perform the field work, just as USIS did. Back in 2011, USIS was giving incentives to keep investigators from jumping ship. Now Keypoint is beginning to circle the wagons as other companies see the blood in the water. Mismanagement will be the downfall.

Advice to Management

Good luck keeping the OPM contract

Investigator

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Flexible schedule, mileage reimbursement, ability to relocate

Cons

Required to travel more than what was told when hired. Was told one thing and then another thing would happen. Poor management.

RSS Feed </> Embed