KeyStaff Reviews

3.5
Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

Great Company and Great Advancement Opportunities

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Able to move up if you show initiative. This is a numbers based jobs for sales and recruiters so if you are not comfortable with handling the stress of quotas this is not the job for you. If you like making money sales is probably a better route but either way the experience you gain here is great.

Cons

None at this time, thank you.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and keep reviewing current processes and making them better.

2. Excellent Company!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

I would 100% recommend this agency to anyone looking for a career and help obtaining employment. I constantly recommend Keystaff to business owners and managers as alike. From the receptionist to the recruiters, I have seen nothing but respectable and professional people. I have worked with 2 other agencies and they do not compare to Keystaff. They are thorough and work very hard to place strong candidates. I appreciate the fact that they are looking to find the perfect match for their candidates and their customers. Do yourself a favor and give this company a try.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

It has been said that we're like other staffing companies, except here, everyone really likes each other! You can make a lot of money and there are no commission caps.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that there is always so much to do. Never time to sit around.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

WORST COMPANY!!!! Keystaff SUCKS!!!

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

You can job search all day for something better!

Cons

Amy is awful. She doesn't care about anyone but herself and her bank account and it shows!!!!!! She is why this company will not be successful. Turn over rate is super high.

Advice to Management

Amy you are crazy!!!! Care more about the people that work for you and they will respect you more and work hard for you!!!!

6. Good Short Term Company To Work For!

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some pro's in working for KeyStaff Inc. You learn a lot of in's and out's regarding staffing. Where as most staffing companies give you one role, KeyStaff gives you many roles and duties so you kind of learn it all here.

Cons

This is not a long term company - Most employees last or stay for about a year or less but you will learn a lot within such a short period of time. High school gossip and interoffice tattle telling should be discourage and not allowed. That was my only issue that should have been stopped while I was working here .... instead it was allowed and good employees lost there jobs or left because of it. Also, even though I was told I would be making commission, I never say this once on any paycheck. Follow through on what you promise your employees.

Advice to Management

Try and encourage employees to stay or work with them to help them better their work habits stay and go. Stop allowing high school gossip and interoffice tattle telling, this should not allowed.

KeyStaff was my school of the "REAL WORLD"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You gain real life experience and great problem solving skills first hand. I learned so much when things would all fall apart (which they did many times). It always felt like you were playing catch up because you can't solely focus on recruiting because you're checking temps in the bad side of town to make sure they're all there at late hours of the night. You also have to deal with firing people and laying people go. At key staff I was the front office, recruiting coordinator, babysitter of temps, recruiter, master of settling fires, and much more. Great if you're starting your career because it opened many opportunities after I left. Don't expect it to be a walk in the park because you have to do a lot of hard work here. If you aren't a problem solver (even if it's not your mess up) and apt to crying all the time DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

Having to constantly baby sit employees because they don't show, are late, have poor work ethic, or are upset you have to fire them or give a verbal warning. Very stressful as you are salary and sometimes can't leave the office until late work hours when the sun is down. My last con would be temps calling your cell phone leaving drunk messages. That was the cherry on top, but there was always something going on. Cons are you are constantly trying to replace the people you're firing or are quitting.

Advice to Management

Try to have some work life balance and stop taking general labor accounts :)

I love KeyStaff

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasons I am Thankful for KeyStaff: 1. We are able to get into Major Accounts 2. We have have a Beautiful New Office 3. You all are Always so easily Accessible and so Helpful 4. We have Raise Opportunities & Uncapped Commissions 5. We have Empact to Generate reports to Track Sales Growth & a Database to Call Accounts 6. You all do an Excellent job about showing Appreciation when we do a Great job 7. We staff for pretty much Every Industry 8. You all work with us to get the Deal Done with contracts, forms, etc 9. We don’t have Designated territories within the city, so we’re able to Staff for Any Location 10. You all always send me leads to get into More Accounts

Cons

Not much to say here!

Awesome place to start a career in staffing!

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keystaff offers a competitive salary and is a great place to start a career. They always reward a job well done and they are constantly recognizing members of the staff for their achievements. The owners are genuinely awesome people! They really care about their staff's well being. They even sent me on a cruise for excelling in my recruiting goals! What other company does that?!

Cons

This isn't really a con, but this company is growing really quickly, which means there is a lot of work to do! This definitely isn't a job for those without a solid work ethic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! KeyStaff has a lot to offer that other companies don't. It is also really awesome that you promote quickly and encourage your staff to take on new challenges. I appreciated that I never felt micromanaged while working here. Management really trusts their employees to make the best decisions for the company. KeyStaff was a lot of hard work, but there was also always someone to help and offer support along the way. This was a great experience and I would not change a thing!

10. Some of the management is seriously incompetent

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Very relaxed environment, great entry level job for collage grads, good training for sales and recruiters

Cons

Incompetent manager, Don't promote based on merit, no a very good compensation structure

Advice to Management

Fire some of your managers... It's not that hard to figure out when they get 3 complaints a week

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ! Do not work for this company.

I worked at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

There is nothing good about working for this organization.

Cons

The owners of this company are terrible leaders and managers. They only care about making a profit and do not care about their employees. They use people and do not have their employees' best interest in mind. They pretend to be cool and care until you actually work for them. Then you realize they are both liars. They have a 98% rate of turnover for internal employees. I would not recommend working for them as a temp or as an internal employee.

Advice to Management

Learn to be leaders. Your management style is authoritarian. Your company policies are unreasonable and unfair. You treat your staff like you treat your temp associates. You use people for profit and do not care about their best interest. You are fake and tell lies to get what you want. You expect everyone to work 24 / 7 / 365 and to dedicate their entire lives to your organization when you give nothing in return. Working for you was a nightmare. Worst company I have ever worked for in my life. Thinking about you makes me sick to my stomach.

RSS Feed </> Embed