KeyStaff

Updated December 2, 2014
3.3

Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

I love KeyStaff

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reasons I am Thankful for KeyStaff:

1. We are able to get into Major Accounts
    2. We have have a Beautiful New Office
    3. You all are Always so easily Accessible and so Helpful
    4. We have Raise Opportunities & Uncapped Commissions
    5. We have Empact to Generate reports to Track Sales Growth & a Database to Call Accounts
    6. You all do an Excellent job about showing Appreciation when we do a Great job
    7. We staff for pretty much Every Industry
    8. You all work with us to get the Deal Done with contracts, forms, etc
    9. We don’t have Designated territories within the city, so we’re able to Staff for Any Location
    10. You all always send me leads to get into More Accounts

Cons

Not much to say here!

Awesome place to start a career in staffing!

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Keystaff offers a competitive salary and is a great place to start a career. They always reward a job well done and they are constantly recognizing members of the staff for their achievements. The owners are genuinely awesome people! They really care about their staff's well being. They even sent me on a cruise for excelling in my recruiting goals! What other company does that?!

Cons

This isn't really a con, but this company is growing really quickly, which means there is a lot of work to do! This definitely isn't a job for those without a solid work ethic.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! KeyStaff has a lot to offer that other companies don't. It is also really awesome that you promote quickly and encourage your staff to take on new challenges. I appreciated that I never felt micromanaged while working here. Management really trusts their employees to make the best decisions for the company. KeyStaff was a lot of hard work, but there was also always someone to help and offer support along the way. This was a great experience and I would not change a thing!

Recruiting/Sales

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Thanks for hiring me!

Working with Keystaff has been a good experience.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Work with many companies
    Multiple options
    Payment every week

Cons

Temp work
    Benefits could be better

not bad, not great

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

Some of the management is seriously incompetent

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Very relaxed environment, great entry level job for collage grads, good training for sales and recruiters

Cons

Incompetent manager, Don't promote based on merit, no a very good compensation structure

Fire some of your managers... It's not that hard to figure out when they get 3 complaints a week

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ! Do not work for this company.

I worked at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

There is nothing good about working for this organization.

Cons

The owners of this company are terrible leaders and managers. They only care about making a profit and do not care about their employees. They use people and do not have their employees' best interest in mind. They pretend to be cool and care until you actually work for them. Then you realize they are both liars. They have a 98% rate of turnover for internal employees. I would not recommend working for them as a temp or as an internal employee.

Learn to be leaders. Your management style is authoritarian. Your company policies are unreasonable and unfair. You treat your staff like you treat your temp associates. You use people for profit and do not care about their best interest. You are fake and tell lies to get what you want. You expect everyone to work 24 / 7 / 365 and to dedicate their entire lives to your organization when you give nothing in return. Working for you was a nightmare. Worst company I have ever worked for in my life. Thinking about you makes me sick to my stomach.

This is not a good place to work, false promises in a glossy package

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

It was a job but not a very good one. Very frustrating place to work if you are a professional.

Cons

Poorly trained staff, poor support and back-up. Focus on infrastructure and stop trying to open more branch offices than you can actually support and stop letting recruiters throw live bodies at your clients.

Hire qualified support staff and your 90% + plus turnover for your internal staff will decrease