KeyStaff Reviews

Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

Recruiting/Sales

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Advice to Management

Thanks for hiring me!

Awesome place to start a career in staffing!

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keystaff offers a competitive salary and is a great place to start a career. They always reward a job well done and they are constantly recognizing members of the staff for their achievements. The owners are genuinely awesome people! They really care about their staff's well being. They even sent me on a cruise for excelling in my recruiting goals! What other company does that?!

Cons

This isn't really a con, but this company is growing really quickly, which means there is a lot of work to do! This definitely isn't a job for those without a solid work ethic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! KeyStaff has a lot to offer that other companies don't. It is also really awesome that you promote quickly and encourage your staff to take on new challenges. I appreciated that I never felt micromanaged while working here. Management really trusts their employees to make the best decisions for the company. KeyStaff was a lot of hard work, but there was also always someone to help and offer support along the way. This was a great experience and I would not change a thing!

I love KeyStaff

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasons I am Thankful for KeyStaff: 1. We are able to get into Major Accounts 2. We have have a Beautiful New Office 3. You all are Always so easily Accessible and so Helpful 4. We have Raise Opportunities & Uncapped Commissions 5. We have Empact to Generate reports to Track Sales Growth & a Database to Call Accounts 6. You all do an Excellent job about showing Appreciation when we do a Great job 7. We staff for pretty much Every Industry 8. You all work with us to get the Deal Done with contracts, forms, etc 9. We don’t have Designated territories within the city, so we’re able to Staff for Any Location 10. You all always send me leads to get into More Accounts

Cons

Not much to say here!

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

It has been said that we're like other staffing companies, except here, everyone really likes each other! You can make a lot of money and there are no commission caps.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that there is always so much to do. Never time to sit around.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Great Company and Great Advancement Opportunities

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Able to move up if you show initiative. This is a numbers based jobs for sales and recruiters so if you are not comfortable with handling the stress of quotas this is not the job for you. If you like making money sales is probably a better route but either way the experience you gain here is great.

Cons

None at this time, thank you.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and keep reviewing current processes and making them better.

7. Excellent Company!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

I would 100% recommend this agency to anyone looking for a career and help obtaining employment. I constantly recommend Keystaff to business owners and managers as alike. From the receptionist to the recruiters, I have seen nothing but respectable and professional people. I have worked with 2 other agencies and they do not compare to Keystaff. They are thorough and work very hard to place strong candidates. I appreciate the fact that they are looking to find the perfect match for their candidates and their customers. Do yourself a favor and give this company a try.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

not bad, not great

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

Advice to Management

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

9. Working with Keystaff has been a good experience.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Work with many companies Multiple options Payment every week

Cons

Temp work Benefits could be better

KeyStaff was my school of the "REAL WORLD"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You gain real life experience and great problem solving skills first hand. I learned so much when things would all fall apart (which they did many times). It always felt like you were playing catch up because you can't solely focus on recruiting because you're checking temps in the bad side of town to make sure they're all there at late hours of the night. You also have to deal with firing people and laying people go. At key staff I was the front office, recruiting coordinator, babysitter of temps, recruiter, master of settling fires, and much more. Great if you're starting your career because it opened many opportunities after I left. Don't expect it to be a walk in the park because you have to do a lot of hard work here. If you aren't a problem solver (even if it's not your mess up) and apt to crying all the time DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

Having to constantly baby sit employees because they don't show, are late, have poor work ethic, or are upset you have to fire them or give a verbal warning. Very stressful as you are salary and sometimes can't leave the office until late work hours when the sun is down. My last con would be temps calling your cell phone leaving drunk messages. That was the cherry on top, but there was always something going on. Cons are you are constantly trying to replace the people you're firing or are quitting.

Advice to Management

Try to have some work life balance and stop taking general labor accounts :)

11. Good Short Term Company To Work For!

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some pro's in working for KeyStaff Inc. You learn a lot of in's and out's regarding staffing. Where as most staffing companies give you one role, KeyStaff gives you many roles and duties so you kind of learn it all here.

Cons

This is not a long term company - Most employees last or stay for about a year or less but you will learn a lot within such a short period of time. High school gossip and interoffice tattle telling should be discourage and not allowed. That was my only issue that should have been stopped while I was working here .... instead it was allowed and good employees lost there jobs or left because of it. Also, even though I was told I would be making commission, I never say this once on any paycheck. Follow through on what you promise your employees.

Advice to Management

Try and encourage employees to stay or work with them to help them better their work habits stay and go. Stop allowing high school gossip and interoffice tattle telling, this should not allowed.

RSS Feed </> Embed