Keynote Systems

www.keynote.com

Keynote Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Jennifer Tejada

Change us a happening...and pace is picking up!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsMuch needed changes are being rolled out. Some fast...some not fast enough...mostly all good. Big focus on innovation, new technologies, and collaboration internally and directly with customers. More attention and engagement from new executive team with the rest of the company. Keynote is a fun place to work again and the positive energy is flowing!

ConsLots of change = lots of work! This is mostly felt with the management and internal business support teams. Some groups feel more understaffed than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the pace going...don't be afraid to take risks in the market and internally. Trust your teams and those who have been with the company for awhile while we pursue new directions. Keep making Keynote a fun place to work...so far, so good.

A company that's turned the corner on the past and is headed for great things.

ProsGreat fresh energy, great products, great people. Things have dramatically changed here since the company was taken private back in August. New management has brought a new level of excitement and rigor that was much needed. This feels like a top notch high tech firm once again. This is going to be a fun ride.

ConsEverything that could be a "con" is in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your foot on the gas pedal! Things are changing for the better every day.

Keynote is making some great changes

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsGreat culture, great product, receptive leaders and opportunities to make an impact.

ConsA lot of change which can be distracting. The changes are good ones, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew members of the management team are doing a great job promoting an energetic and dynamic culture. Employees are being treated very well and everyone has a voice. The teams are ready for more great improvements it so let's keep pushing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a difference 9 months makes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsExciting environment, with a lot of change going on. I find myself enjoying working here much more, partly because of the caliber of people I work with and partly because of the collaborative environment.

ConsThere is a lot of change. Sometimes it feels like things are happening too fast, and then that some things are happening too slowly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Heading in the right direction.

Been with Keynote for 10 years and am more excited now about our future than at any other time in the past.

ProsPrior to going private through the Thoma Bravo acquisition we were too conservative and missed a lot of market opportunities. Today decisions are made and action is taken quickly to seize worthwhile opportunities. Love the new energy level and how we are positioned, especially to capitalize on the exploding mobile opportunities. Very, very financially stable company, with a proven record of making our customers happy combined with new leadership. Very good balance of work/life here.

ConsLots of changes over past 6 months required extra effort to work through, but in the long run the changes were needed to ensure we stay ahead of our competition and continue to make our customers happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your foot on the pedal. Love your vision of where we are headed and am confident you can help us achieve it.

This is not your father's Keynote

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsI have been at Keynote for almost 6 years. In the past 9 months this company has received an injection of energy that is transforming it into a force to be reckoned with in our industry. The company was bought by Thoma Bravo, brought private and many key executives have moved on. The result of all this change and the new focus that the new owners and executives have brought in is that this is a more exciting place to work than in all the previous years that I've been here.

ConsThis "new" Keynote is a place for people who want to work and be challenged. So there are days when I go home very tired only to need to be back early the next morning for another challenging day. And right now there is a lot of new management, some of whom are still learning about Keynote and others that have been promoted into positions they are still learning to handle effectively. This has led to some short term growing pains, particularly as everyone is being challenged to do things that were not asked of them previously.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome tough decisions have had to be made in the past 6-9 months by management at Keynote. I know that there are some employees that feel that some of these decisions were not the best thing for the business. While I don't agree with that opinion I do understand it and I would ask management to bear in mind that some very good people (particularly those that work in remote offices) may not be feeling the excitement that many of us are experiencing in the San Mateo headquarters these days.

A company that is ready for Version 2.0

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTrusted company in its space.
    Long history of performance monitoring.
    Large, extensive monitoring infrastructure.
    New private ownership and recent shake-up should start pumping new incentives to execute and not do things the old Keynote way.

ConsDeeply engineering-centric with little input from customers
    Poor execution and understanding of product roadmaps, often the salespeople would be told what they had to sell even before there was demand from customers.
    Products too Windows-focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management has already started changing the culture there. Please focus on being easy to do business with and on prioritizing sales and field technical input into what and when the Engineering and Development work on.

Keynote Systems provided a great work environment.

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe team at Keynote Systems is a very passionate and close knit group. They care greatly about each other and their customers.

ConsKeynote was taken private very recently. In the short term, there will be some distractions based on this. Given the management team's direction, this will be short lived.

Great Name Fading Away

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsTechnology and a great CEO.

ConsWeak management, cliques, too many 12 year plus employees, lack of any real dynamism especially in senior technical/support/engineering execs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the sharp end guys and do something about the brand. Marketing is non-existent outside Domestic.

Good learning and healthy work environment

ProsGood exposure. Great work place. Good Management.

Consinterview process is slow and painful.

Advice to Senior Managementgood job. Be more pro-active and lookout for competitors.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Keynote Systems? Contribute to the Community!