Keystone Automotive

1 Rating

Work indenpently

Current Employee - The Leadership Really Don't Lead
    Current Employee - The Leadership Really Don't Lead

I have been working at Keystone Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like it because you do work only as route sales rep. The hours are Monday thru Friday 8-5.

Cons

Really no leadership. The over all company has limited management.

The management needs to work in the field more often. There's only you to cover the area and make sales calls and deliver parts limited time to grow the territory.

Company filled with empty promises and deception.

Former Employee - Route Sales Keystone Division in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Route Sales Keystone Division in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Keystone Automotive

Pros

Majority of the coworkers are great people. Hard working people just trying to make a living. They have market value benefits no better or worse than any other private sector company.

Cons

Management at the Jacksonville Fl is the absolute worst. They make you feel guilty for asking for any time off. Favoritism towards female employees is rampant. Even more so when the females dress inappropriately and flaunt the fact that they are favored and incompetent.

Non-management employees are required to work holidays while management takes holiday time off. Even though you have acquired more than one week of vacation time they do not allow you to take more than one week off nor can you request that time if a holiday is in that time frame.

They openly lie to their customers regarding product. Example, while loading a truck, an order required a CAPA certified part. We were out of that particular part so management told me to get a non-certified part and throw some certification sticker (off a scrap part) and wrap it up in a CAPA wrapper.

There is no advice to management when management "is" the problem. The Damron family is an uncaring money hungry entity that just doesn't care for anyone especially employees.

more complications than necessary

Former Employee - Delivery in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery in Rochester, NY

I worked at Keystone Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my co-workers. Often all on the 'same page'.

Cons

superiors were all about money. dollars and cents always out-weighted common sense. especially when it came to vehicle maintenance, and drivers safety. much cover-ups.

Remember your employees are people.

Nice place to work, sad they moved out of state

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Pomona, CA

I worked at Keystone Automotive full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to work independently, great teamwork through departments.

Cons

The filing and storage needed a lot of improvement.

Should keep all office personnel in one building to better manage in the working environment.

Working at Keystone is like running up a hill against the wind wearing a parachute

Former Employee - ISC in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - ISC in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Keystone Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large inventory to sale from and the company is well known in the automotive repair industry.

Cons

Management lack the proper training and lacks the desire to ensure that all the orders get delivered when they should be delivered. NO PAY RAISES. Management believes that ISC's should earn their raises by their commission. But due to orders not getting pulled and delivered as promised, it is hard to build your customer base.

Hire a real warehouse manager who cares about keeping the customers happy and improving sales. Give yearly raises to your workers.

Easy going, great experience

Former Employee - Warehouse in Monroe, LA
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Monroe, LA

I worked at Keystone Automotive

Pros

Laid back work environment, ok staff, flexible hours for college students

Cons

Lack of skilled management, lack of worker intelligence

Hire competent people

No room for advancement

Current Employee - Route Saleman in Pennsauken, NJ
    Current Employee - Route Saleman in Pennsauken, NJ

I have been working at Keystone Automotive

Pros

Even with the pay cuts associated with being bought out by LKQ corp. the pay far exceeds what dealership delivery drivers make. Health care benefits, while costly, are second to none. Branch manager is exceptionally competent and doesn't show favoritism.

Cons

Long hours, middle management is inflexible. Short staffed, so anyone calling out sick had better be hospitalized. You are made aware that you and everyone else is replaceable. The only way to get a raise is to increase sales, forget about an increase in base salary.

Don't forget who it was that made Keystone Automotive such an attractive purchase by LKQ.

I wouldn't send my enemies there...

Former Employee - Manager in Alsip, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Alsip, IL

I worked at Keystone Automotive

Pros

It's a job
    Large company
    RF scanners a plus

Cons

Employee moral very low.
    Management very unprofessional.
    No communication
    Benefits expensive

Get a clue on how to operate a business! This ain't the 80's

Great Benefits but low pay for amount of work required and upper management could care less about employees.

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Keystone Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee benefits (offers various forms of insurance, 401K, etc.)

Cons

Low pay with little chance for advancement even though they tell everone otherwise upon hiring. Little chance for raises but high chance for increased work because mgmt is constantly being pressured about the bottom line. (Was employed at a time where we received award for highest sales in the company's history, but we were still on a "raise freeze"). Ever since they were bought by LKQ they have decreased Holidays and increased jobs responsibility. They let all employees know that they can be replaced at a moment's notice which leads to very low morale. Tend to replace people that have worked there 15+ years every week--no exaggerartion--constantly being notified that so-and-so is mysteriously no longer with us.

Employee morale is low at your stores (just check out some job sites for reference--not that most employees wouldn't let you know). Employees are told they are very replaceable and this leads to low morale, which creates bad customer service. There was a raise freeze even with record profits--rediculous. You need to take care of your employees so that they will take care of you. More incentives to stay, please!