Keystrokes Reviews

Lee Tkachuk

Started out well

Former Employee - Lead Transcriptionist
    Former Employee - Lead Transcriptionist

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Started out with a ton of work originally and moved up fast.

Cons

Management cut my salary almost in half overnight. They were dishonest about the availability of work. They knew accounts were leaving and never notified the employees so we found ourselves without a paycheck without any prior knowledge.

Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Keystrokes

Pros

I could still work at home, if there was any work!!!!

Cons

Trained in a new career with Keystrokes, "monitor babysitting". Started out with rose-colored glasses as was my first service to have worked for, but soon knew this was a different beast. Owners is "hateful" to employees and threaten you with "bogus" reviews if you get on their "bad" list. Treated like slaves with absolutely NO respect for our knowledge and skills.

Advice to Management

In my opinion, there is no advice. I guess just make all the money while you can find fools to work for you and then close up shop.

Nepotism and whitewashing at it's finest!

Current Employee - Medica Transcriptionist/VR Editor
    Current Employee - Medica Transcriptionist/VR Editor

I have been working at Keystrokes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like working for shady people, this is the perfect place to work.

Cons

Low pay, inexperienced MTs diluting the job pool, even though a smaller number of QUALIFIED MTs could do no problem. Lying about the amount of work. Letting their leads cherry pick, even when it's been brought to their attention. EVERYONE in management and middle management are thfriends and family members of the owners and 95% of them are inept and bad at their jobs. Not professional at all. Benefits are a joke. They are way expensive, you won't be able to afford them with what you will be making. Just keep looking if you are looking for a company that will pay you enough to be able to live. You will jot even make minimum wage for the most part. Don't listen to them, they are professional whitewashers.

Advice to Management

Invest in your qualified MTs. Get rid of middle management, they are nothing but a liability. You are losing all of the good and qualified MTs, and then your accounts will be leaving shortly thereafter. There is no future with Keystrokes if things keep going the way they are going. When overtime is approved THAN YOU SHOULD PAY THE OVERTIME, as this company has been sued in the past. All It would take to put this company out of business is a couple of well represented lawsuits or if someone has an attorney that is going after lost wages etc. to subpoena records and go through them, bam, second lawsuit. You should be ashamed of what this company has become from what it could be....it's really a shame.

Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone

I worked at Keystrokes full-time

Pros

Excellent company in the beginning........worked there for more than 7 years. Initially very personable, but when the company's CEO bit off more accounts than she could chew, the MTs and leads (especially) suffered, being overworked and underpaid.

Cons

Very poor compensation. No overtime pay. Excessive hours of work demanded without compensation. Extremely poor communication and follow through for account issues, employee issues, etc. The CEO should not be in the business! Looking out for family and friends to make the big bucks in the home office while working MTs in the field to death is the policy here. DO NOT WORK HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Hire enough QUALIFIED MTs to do the work on the big accounts you contract and stop worrying about paying your sister-in-law, friend, sister, cousin, etc.

Wonderful until I had to go part-time

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made an excellent hourly rate.

Cons

When I was part-time, there was no work available because my boss gave all the work to full-time employees.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring all of your in-laws and family members. Give "outsiders" a chance.

Working for keystrokes has been a mostly positive experience, though I don't make enough working for this company.

Current Employee - Transcriptionist/VR Editor
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist/VR Editor

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, helpful, willing to work around scheduling problems, someone always answers the phone or emails when I contact them for help.

Cons

Many days there isn't enough work to get all my hours or required line counts.

Advice to Management

Over-hiring may ensure turn-around-times are met, but it means I don't have enough work.

Authentic revierw

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None because the business over promises and under delivers.

Cons

The company is lead by a dishonest, back stabbing, narcissist with zero leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and cheating your employees and customers.

Do not work for this company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few decent people here.

Cons

Huge turnover, mostly because they lie to their employees. They also lie to their customers. They put them on a voice recognition platform, cut the pay drastically of the mts/mes, even below industry standards, and l8r to them that they have enough work.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to take a look at the way they handle employees...a survey means nothing, if you don't look at the results.

Steady Work for the first two years

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home with somewhat flexible horus.

Cons

In the beginning of my work experience with Keystrokes I was promised a raise after my initial 90 days as an employee. I never got that raise even though I was always on time, always typed the reports no one else wanted to do, worked over time when needed (but never did get paid for that OT) and consistently had good QA reports. In fact, I never got a raise of any kind even though I worked for them for three years. Eventually I was transferred to a different account that paid less money and was asked to do work I would not be compensated for. That along with only 40 hours paid time off for the whole year to include holidays, sick days and vacation days began to make the whole experience miserable.

Advice to Management

Treat your transcriptionists like they are human beings who know what they are doing and be available to them when they need you. Keep the promises you make (you know, that raise after 90 days) and cut out middle management dead weight so you can pay the people who really make the money for you.

Highly recommended initially but seems to be on the down turn at the moment.

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Yorkville, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Yorkville, IL

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The CEO of the company is very hands on and available to employees.

Cons

Lead on my account cherry picked and kept the best dictators for herself. Seems to be losing accounts and less work to go around.

Advice to Management

None.

RSS Feed </> Embed