Kforce

Kforce Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel

David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • They were also very good to me for as far as a work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Work from home opportunities, newer facility, giveaways during the benefits enrollment time of the year(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Inexperienced account managers and recruiters(in 10 reviews)

• Lack of communication from recruiter once position ended(in 5 reviews)

I was placed immediately. The pay was above average.

Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe pay I was given was good. Probably compensating for the fact that the work itself was not very interesting. Only satisfied, not thrilled with work environment.

Consno stability to speak of. Not included in information sharing of any kind. The full time employees took allot of breaks and had too many meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Alternative Investments Department at Wells has trouble seeing the forest because of the trees. There are so many bottlenecks and breakdowns due to a lack of communication to the contractors.

Great experience to learn multiple industries for Fortune 500 companies

Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe executives have long tenures with a vast amount of knowledge to share. Great experience to decide whether you want to be in recruiting & if you can get through 2 years at this top talent agency you will have a bright future.

ConsLong hours, very fast-paced, numbers/sales goals have high expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew hires really that really want to learn look up to upper management and be willing to help them when necessary.

Very Good

Clerical (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe staff is very informed about the position they send you too.

ConsTo find more work for the their temps.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

moderate at best

Accountant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMany positions in the loop

ConsThey do not make any effort to return calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in contact with your consultants. Especially when they are calling in regularly and not getting a response.

Great team

Consultant (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Prosrecruiters are proactive and very concerned about how the consultants are doing.

ConsI have no Cons for this company.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to grow and be the awesome team you already are.

You're never good enough no matter how hard you try. Over worked and underpaid.

Sales/Recruiting (Former Employee)

ProsIf I could delete this section, I would... with no hesitation. Some of the people they hired became my best friends (and still are to this day) and are amazing people, so why couldn't they be this way themselves? Obviously none of my friends even lasted a year at this hell hole. You should be able to tell there is nothing good about this place when all most all the reviews say "I would not recommend this place to a friend".

ConsNot only was my entire time at Kforce San Francisco a con, but it gave me anxiety for months after. I still cannot go into a meeting with my boss (at a new job at an amazing company) without trembling with fear of getting in trouble or fired. I was not alone in this feeling either; I used to walk into the bathroom to find girls crying from stress on a daily basis. I cried every single Sunday and most days on my walk to work because I dreaded it so much. Even though the workday technically started at 8AM, people would get written up if they were not in the office before 8AM. We also could not leave at night until our boss left. He constantly implemented the dumbest rules, such as we had to bring our laptops home every night in case he needed us to work (but everyone just hid them in their desk drawers). He never even brought his home and left it out on his desk! He would increase peoples numbers and they would stay late in order to reach them, and then he would write them up for staying late and say their numbers were not enough. Everyone always felt like the two managers on my team (one was a male and one was a female) counted every single minute you were away from your desk, even if you were just going to the bathroom. Every time you left your desk you had to let them know where you were going. We had an internal chat system but got scolded for using it. Both the managers on my team made rules like no personal calls from your desk, no working out during lunch breaks, not talking about your personal life at your desk, yet they would do these very things at their desk right in front of your face (and they would write you up for doing it)! When we confronted them about this, they said it did not matter if they did this because they were managers. Clearly they do not understand how good managers lead by example. Our male manager would tell women on our team that they always had to wear heels and dress up a lot, but the other teams in the office were not forced to do this, ever. He would pull you into a meeting and write you up if he did not like the way you dressed (and think of how awkward that conversation is… a man telling a woman how to dress). This happened to many women on my team. The collective thought about the managers is they were unintelligent, greasy used car salesman who only cared about making money for themselves and not about you at all. I think the worst part about the managers was that they talked about us to our teammates behind our backs and thought we would never tell anyone. Well, we were all super good friends so we obviously told each other. We had one girl on the team who was a huge snitch and who was great friends with the managers (no one else liked her) and she would throw everyone under the bus for any and everything they did. We even confronted the managers and called HR about this, but it did no good. It really made everyone feel so bad about themselves, their work and their efforts. I am not aware of a single person that made it over a year at this place because it was such a horrific environment. They sell the company on the work-hard play-hard mentality and preach on team bonding activities. Well- they would never let anyone order more than one drink at happy hours, and if you wanted food- you could not get a drink. Our team events were always potluck- so you had to spend your own money. We hardly ever did anything as a team though, thank god.
    I met a girl the other day, who just started on my old team, and was told she was the first sales woman on the team, when in reality there were eight when I was there (she seriously would not believe me though). That is how they sell you the dream- they make you believe you are the first of your kind and that you will make tons of money- it is all a lie and that is why the turnover is ridiculously high. For a while, we had about one person quitting every single week. The friends I made there still enjoy getting together today and sharing all the bad gossip we hear (if that doesn’t say something, I don’t know what does) and I am pretty sure one of the managers got demoted and no longer manages people… but that took WAY too many people calling HR, WAY too many confident young professionals getting absolutely obliterated and WAY too much time. I don’t know what else I can say to convince you not to work at Kforce so I hope you listen to everything I just said! But I could go on for hours… even days…. it is sad how they take lovely confident young people and just destroy their entire self worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your rules constant among employees. Don't talk about your reports to each other behind their backs. Value their worth to the company. Appreciate people for what they do, not what they don't do. But most of all- lead by example, not by hierarchy.

Bottom of the barrel

ETL Developer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCorporate reach. Probably cheap for businesses to use. No other reason

ConsTHE worst staffing firm to work for as an I.T. consultant. Lowballed up front. Faced with mountains of paperwork and arbitrary deadlines in order to receive benefits at all. Benefits receive are terrible, set up to look decent, but randomly drop coverage and not really cover your needs. Corporate staff structure do not help you, except for one local representative who has no power whatsoever. Deception everywhere, so that things look like they might meet your needs until you need them. NO GOOD.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange EVERYTHING.

Work hard and you will be rewarded.

ProsThe company truly values hard work and integrity.

ConsNo work/life balance. Successful people work 60 hours per week. There are no exceptions unless you have a large corporate account.

Unprofessional and Untrustworthy!

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Vinings, GA

ProsThey will call you and offer you decent opportunities with a lack of thorough background checks. Their recruiters are all well groomed and very attractive. They also keep you very hopeful with no real solid leads

ConsThey will make promises they cannot keep. Thier compensation breakdown is not competitve along with poor professional staff. They may hire you on and have you do all the paperwork and promise you a start date that never really existed. Ultimately you may be asked to make aggressive steps to take on a position and then the day before start date you may not have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKFORCE needs to hire better professional staff. They need to have solid leads and not " I Think" leads. Communication needs to be extremely better. If a staff promises to phone you at a specific day and maybe time, they need to adhere to that commitment. They also to need to have better competitive wages and not be so greedy about the money.

It is a contract company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit is a big company and they do have a lot of contacts in companies around the area.

ConsCommunication needs to improve and need their help to improve worker conditions.

Worked for Kforce? Contribute to the Community!