Kforce Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
2.9

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • They were also very good to me for as far as a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Work from home opportunities, newer facility, giveaways during the benefits enrollment time of the year (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 10 reviews)

• Lack of communication from recruiter once position ended (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

progressive company

Former Employee - Help Desk  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

company has many opportunities available

Cons

not much to report on cons

contract consultant

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is really straight-ahead about their own company and the client. Working with KForce is a partnership.

Cons

Only normal contract "cons" - health insurance is high, no security, and the upper management is not actually interested in the work we do - just their own true business as a body shop. These are contractor cons - no negative reflection on KForce

Add one or two paid holidays to bring cheer - such as an employee's birthday or 4th of July

Fast

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Kforce help me out and placed me fast.

Cons

After first placement not much help

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talent Qualification Specialist

Current Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people there are great to work with, some of the best hands down. Management is top notch there, end of story. Most of the employees are youngish, under 30, and recently graduated from college within the last 3 years. It is still a very professional environment, but not at all stuffy like some companies. Overall, it is a relaxed and fun place to work that will most definitely offer its benefits if you are sold on staffing as your career path. They offer very competitive base salaries: $50-55k if you have previous staffing experience and $40-46k if you have no staffing experience. Once a month there is a "gauntlet day" where there is a casual dress day with a theme included, chic-fil-a breakfast as well as lunch catered in. Overall the people are very warm and welcoming. If you are not weary of long work hours and are willing to make it a long term career path, this is a very good job for you.

Cons

There are only two real, serious cons with this job (but than again, any staffing job is like this): REALLY long hours, and high call volume. You are expected to make a minimum of 40-50 calls a day. When you are just getting started, they expect you to be making nearly 100 calls a day. One of the things that was the most eye opening was the hours people would work there, who had kids. There is established employees, working year round, until 8:00 at night on a regular basis, year round. There is no doubt these people are making good money, pulling in six figures when it is all said and done at the end of the year. But then you have to ask yourself, what kind of work/life balance do you want?

Be more flexible with people hours, and give them more opportunities to move move in sales. More than anything is the training. The "training" consists of watching a bunch of BS videos for a couple of weeks, that are nothing but outdated and left of HR best practice stuff from the 1990's. For a national company as large as Kforce is, they should be embarrassed of what they call "training">

All I can say is it's an OK company...Been with them for a little over a year.

Current Employee - Remote Coding Consultant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Remote Coding Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Pay is always on time
    *I have made it my business to keep close communication with my staff manager and my recruiting manager and they have responded well
    *Pay is ok...better than most

Cons

*If only they could have a job lined up for you when they know that the current client gave a 2 week notice..now 2 weeks is up and you find yourself without work!!
    *Medical Benefits leave a lot to wish for...and its so expensive and it covers so little...Why are we paying so much?

*Job security is #1 key for a good consultant. If you can't keep them busy than you will lose them to another company that will give them what they are looking for. It's not right to wait until the contract has ended to leave the consultant in the limbo to fend for themselves while another account appears. During that interim you might lose your great employees to your competitors. So look into this.....this will give you a good turnout of employees who want to stay on-board.

Challenging, very competive and demanding environment

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Addison, TX

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to represent IT candidates on consulting contracts to major local Dallas client companies. Variety of roles and skills represented. Not overly pigeon holed. Learn business if you are self-motivated enough to self-teach and determined to succeed no matter what it takes. People are generally friendly and supportive. If you can make it here you truly can and will make it anywhere!

Cons

May have improved some the past year (I know some things have) but in past was a very little training, sink or swim immediate 24 hour turnaround environment. Heavy turnover except in a few most Sr. AE and mgmt roles. Daily Production requirements sometimes not very realistic and that can be discouraging when a new hire is working 12 hour days to try to keep up and self-teach and still not able to meet mgmt expectations. Because of that many borderline candidates get thrown into the mix out of desperation to meet numbers. Very much a numbers game here from recruiter perspective but AE's can cherry pick and choose best candidates to submit to clients -- so not so much from their perspective. AE's have stronger earning potential but MUST produce closed new client business quickly or they are gone quickly! Much time spent in unnecessary twice daily meetings that cut into production time especially for more Sr. Recruiters. Within 2 years my direct report Director role was fired twice -- very bad for morale. 2nd one cleaned house and doubled size of team so doubled the competition for earnings with no/little new client base/business to justify it. AE and Recruiter roles rarely cross and very little client contact for less Sr. recruiters so you work a very one-sided and limited desk for first 2 years generally - can feel like you are working in a void. Because of that, income is very limited compared to other companies in the same space. You generally need to already know what you are doing to succeed here within the first year. But there are some rare birds who can make it to the top the first year. In reality, this is kind of the norm for the business but other companies I have worked with had much better training, autonomy and more realistic expectations.

Good Place for consulting opportunties

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Kforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very good Client base, nice recruiting team and very enthusiastic recruiters. Not much of hassle during pay negotiations, lot of wiggle room and you get the impression of being in-charge. Benefits are good.

Cons

Account Managers are lie and cheat, they'll tell anything and everything to convince clients for your hire. This puts their consultants under intense pressure with impractical expectations.

Please pay attention to consultants as well, account managers and business development managers bring the results. However consultants are your biggest asset and your foot soldiers on the ground.

Great experience for those right out of college

Former Employee - Recruiter NRC  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter NRC in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comprehensive, fun, 30 day recruiter training program. Generous benefits package, reasonably affordable health insurance coverage. Some departments will allow work from home opportunities. The NRC is good for those who are right out of college and needing some experience in a professional corporate office.

Cons

Very little room for advancement, it takes years to move up, pay increases are minimal. The NRC is a very young fraternity / sorority type of environment. Not a good fit for someone with professional work experience or a family.

Quit playing favorites by sending candidate submittals through for "friends" or "crushes".

Consistent

I have been working at Kforce as a contractor

Pros

Being a contractor has its drawbacks (I miss "PTO"!) but I feel they have been fair and consistent with opportunities

Cons

no paid time off really stinks, especially around the holidays,.

Promises never met.

I have been working at Kforce as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Allow for flexible scheduling and starting pay is decent. When you start with KForce account reps want to make sure your fitting in and striving in your position.

Cons

At 6month mark I was supposed to have a review with raise my account rep will not return calls. At my one year mark i was promised a raise after talking to my account manager but they will not return calls after I declined to have less base pay with a higher per Diem. Company benefits are awful it is better finding your own insurance.

Stop making empty promises to your people that have been in positions for over a year on a 6 month contract. Stop placing people that should not be in those positions try assessing people skills before they get into a job and make KForce look bad.

Worked for Kforce? Contribute to the Community!