Kforce Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Work-life balance, they don't expect you to work grueling hours (in 10 reviews)

• Some departments will allow work from home opportunities (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • But then you have to ask yourself, what kind of work/life balance do you want (in 7 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Tons Of Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kforce offers excellent internal opportunity for the recent college grad as well as the seasoned recruiting professional. They have high expectations and there are days when you are in the office until 7:00 or 8:00pm but the work is highly rewarding. They offer performance incentive programs as well as an outlined promotion program that details the specific milestones that need to be reached to get your next promotion.

Cons

There are some late nights sometimes. It can definitely be stressful at times if you are have a bad week. That are all of the cons I can think of.

Keep up the great work!

Good place to start your career

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic training and development programs. They invest in the employees they believe in and will launch your career in the industry.

Cons

Compensation is low, no commissions received until one year in after that it's straight commission, you have reach your salary in revenue before you can qualify for bonuses. Upper management are not leaders, just really good salespeople.

Great contracting company

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The Atlanta team led by Darius Farivar and John Hunter is great. Once a month they bring us breakfast at our location and they are constantly in touch with us. They promote company events and get togethers on a regular basis.

Cons

Really bad package of benefits, few contractors enroll.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unappreciated Sweat Shop

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

Great team mates and leads

Cons

Poor upper management organization skills

Actually listen to your employees. Care less about happy hour and more about team morale

progressive company

Former Employee - Help Desk  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

company has many opportunities available

Cons

not much to report on cons

contract consultant

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is really straight-ahead about their own company and the client. Working with KForce is a partnership.

Cons

Only normal contract "cons" - health insurance is high, no security, and the upper management is not actually interested in the work we do - just their own true business as a body shop. These are contractor cons - no negative reflection on KForce

Add one or two paid holidays to bring cheer - such as an employee's birthday or 4th of July

Changing tides

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

High compensation, decent time-off policies, decent benefits and a good location. Kforce has always had a positive culture and cares about the community. The outlook for the business seems positive and they are adjusting for this potential growth.

Cons

Leadership is in transition, training is minimal and opportunity for upward movement is low. Their seems to be a high turn-over recently that may be in relation to the new leadership. The morale in certain departments is rather low and the level of uncertainty is high.

Reconsider the culture that had been in place for many years that made Kforce a great place to work. Invest in your employees and get to know their challenges they face on a daily basis.

Fast

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Kforce help me out and placed me fast.

Cons

After first placement not much help

Talent Qualification Specialist

Current Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people there are great to work with, some of the best hands down. Management is top notch there, end of story. Most of the employees are youngish, under 30, and recently graduated from college within the last 3 years. It is still a very professional environment, but not at all stuffy like some companies. Overall, it is a relaxed and fun place to work that will most definitely offer its benefits if you are sold on staffing as your career path. They offer very competitive base salaries: $50-55k if you have previous staffing experience and $40-46k if you have no staffing experience. Once a month there is a "gauntlet day" where there is a casual dress day with a theme included, chic-fil-a breakfast as well as lunch catered in. Overall the people are very warm and welcoming. If you are not weary of long work hours and are willing to make it a long term career path, this is a very good job for you.

Cons

There are only two real, serious cons with this job (but than again, any staffing job is like this): REALLY long hours, and high call volume. You are expected to make a minimum of 40-50 calls a day. When you are just getting started, they expect you to be making nearly 100 calls a day. One of the things that was the most eye opening was the hours people would work there, who had kids. There is established employees, working year round, until 8:00 at night on a regular basis, year round. There is no doubt these people are making good money, pulling in six figures when it is all said and done at the end of the year. But then you have to ask yourself, what kind of work/life balance do you want?

Be more flexible with people hours, and give them more opportunities to move move in sales. More than anything is the training. The "training" consists of watching a bunch of BS videos for a couple of weeks, that are nothing but outdated and left of HR best practice stuff from the 1990's. For a national company as large as Kforce is, they should be embarrassed of what they call "training">

All I can say is it's an OK company...Been with them for a little over a year.

Current Employee - Remote Coding Consultant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Remote Coding Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Pay is always on time
    *I have made it my business to keep close communication with my staff manager and my recruiting manager and they have responded well
    *Pay is ok...better than most

Cons

*If only they could have a job lined up for you when they know that the current client gave a 2 week notice..now 2 weeks is up and you find yourself without work!!
    *Medical Benefits leave a lot to wish for...and its so expensive and it covers so little...Why are we paying so much?

*Job security is #1 key for a good consultant. If you can't keep them busy than you will lose them to another company that will give them what they are looking for. It's not right to wait until the contract has ended to leave the consultant in the limbo to fend for themselves while another account appears. During that interim you might lose your great employees to your competitors. So look into this.....this will give you a good turnout of employees who want to stay on-board.

Worked for Kforce? Contribute to the Community!