Kforce Reviews

Reset
3.3
Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies (in 11 reviews)

• Some departments will allow work from home opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 10 hour work days make for a terrible work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

1. First Time Contractor

Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

They made the transition from full time employee to a contract very easy. Where very upfront with the pros and cons, and made sure I was comfortable before bringing me on.

Cons

Like most contacting organizations the benefits and vacation time are not that great. But the pay is better so have to take the bad with the good.

2. work hard play hard

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

great work environment no micro management

Cons

strict numbers driven environment long hours sometimes

3. great company

Current Employee - Administrative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits and management is not to bad

Cons

long hours.. Not really a lot to complain about

Advice to Management

n/a

5. Program Manager - Information Security

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Wide opportunities to choose with different locations

Cons

Poor Medical benefits, No care policy

Advice to Management

Try to focus on retaining the employees.

6. Decent employer but won't share much

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Sponsors visa, Green card for those seeking immigration Long term and priority contracts with many Client companies

Cons

Takes a big chunk of the billing, you get only about 50-60% of the hourly rate Client is paying. Health benefits for contract employees are very costly, like 800-1000 per month for a family. 401K is offered but lousy, you are vested 100% only after 5 years with Kforce.

Advice to Management

Benefits should benefit employees, if I can find a health insurance plan that has monthly premium 40% of the plan offered by Kforce. Share bonus and give incentives to those working hard for your clients.

7. Senior dwh engineer

I worked at Kforce

Pros

Cons

Relatively lower pay than smaller consultants Committed recruiters Honest Responsive Helpful Much better than indian cos. Like infy

8. Great contract firm

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Helpful and have lots of opportunities

Cons

Need more health insurance/Company options

9. I'm happy

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment - Leadership cares about you - Work Hard Play Hard

Cons

- It is a sales company, you have to work hard to get what you want

Advice to Management

Keep you the great work, I wouldn't change anything at this time

10. Excellent Culture and Atmosphere!!

Current Employee - Talent Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workplace, environment and the management is excellent!

Cons

This is not a job for everyone. It is challenging and will push you. If you are motivated person that wants to grow A LOT, this is for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you all are fantastic and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

11. RUN...FAST!

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very few pros of Kforce once you actually get into the company and into the job. They will sell you on all the hopes, dreams, puppies, and sunshine you can imagine when you are being recruited, but remember, these people spend all day recruiting talent, so lying is not out of the question. *Real Pros: -They pay you twice a month -If you want experience in staffing, it is a big company that will get noticed if ALL you want to do is staffing. *Things they will sell you on as a PRO -Work From Home - this is such a laugh. We have capabilities to work from homes since your laptop can connect remotely, and your phone is integrated into the laptop, but the only time this is really "allowed" is if you are too sick to come into the office, or have some BIG thing going on where you need to be home which is kind of funny because they would rather you make those phone calls and hit the ridiculous metrics, than take the time off to be sick. Now this is only an issue for some people as there is an immense amount of favoritism for people who have been there awhile. -Ability to grow within the company - Also a lie, unless you work in Tampa or Phoenix there are only 2-3 positions you can go to (recruiter, account manager, and a sourcer) unless you take your managers job. -Ability to make LOTS of money - This is the worst lie possible. There are some reps (1) in my market who have been with the company for 15+ years and make TONS of money and they will sell that as you can become the next her, but thats impossible. -Not a revolving door - If you have read any of the other reviews you know that is not true. In my office that seats 35 (some in roll away card tables) in 1 year i saw 27 people either quit or get fired, and to shed some light on that only 3 were fired.

Cons

There are so, so many things wrong with this place i don't even know where to begin. -Lies - I think as a company who promotes integrity and honesty as part of their recruiting practices, they should really practice what they preach. I was told so many untrue things about this company when I was being recruited (see above in the things they sold as PROS), and it couldn't have been more different when i actually stepped foot in the door. -Commission is laughable at best. Go in very aggressively with your salary because they will tell you about this commission structure that is so lucrative and it is anything but. I know for a fact i was getting paid 20K more than someone who was hired 6 months after me because they bought into the commission and i could tell by how well it was being talked about that chances are it wasnt all it was cracked up to be. I would say of all the people in the office only 10% even make ANY commission (and it isnt alot with the exception of maybe 3-4 people) and that is being generous. -The culture and "team" atmosphere is also another big funny joke. This is a place where people are ready to throw someone else under the bus because at the end of the day the ONLY thing that matters here is Metrics (phone calls, emails, sales, interviews, job orders, candidate submissions, etc). People will do as little as they have to, to get by and hit those metrics, even if it means coming no where close to closing business. There is a trend, where if the recruiters aren't hitting numbers, its always the account managers fault, and if jobs are not being worked on then it is an issue with something the AM didnt let the team know, when really it is just the recruiters cherry picking what they think will make them money, when again, almost no one makes any money. -"its not an 8-5 Job" I cant tell you how many times i heard this, and it always drove me insane. I get it, at jobs you will have to come in early, or work late from time to time. But they only liked this mentality when it was you coming in early or staying late, it was never the same if you came in an hour late, or took off an hour early, then it became "core hours are 8-5, but this isnt an 8-5 job". Basically as long as they are taking more than they are giving they are ok with it?! -There was ZERO training. I came into Technology staffing not knowing much about technology and i got literally no training. I didnt even get to shadow someone in my role in action for the first 4 months. Invest in your employees and send them away for a 1-2 week training program classroom style and let them really learn the business. -F&A and Onstaff have it so much easier than technology, yet we are all held to the same standards in terms of goals to accomplish to be awarded things like leaving early on friday, etc. Make these goals fair across the board, it takes alot more time to fill a SR software engineer role than an accounts payable clerk or front desk assistant... -Meetings, we had meetings, about the meeting, to have the meeting. These meetings were so incredibly unproductive and NOTHING ever got done except alot of lip service. We had one meeting at 8:15, one at 1:00 (this one was only mondays), and one at 3:00 every single day. This was the time that was used to give updates about the jobs, and have recruiters say what they were working on even though they rarely actually worked on what they commit to because inevitably "something came up" and they worked on what seemed easiest. With so many meetings you would think there would be a level of accountability to help each person be able to successfully do their job. -There is a staffing company on every corner here in San Diego, so if you are on the client side, youre going to call into places everyone else is calling into, saying the same thing they are all saying, and over half the time wont be able to deliver on the things you promise because you are forced to rely on the other half of the team to complete the task. -If you dont like cold calling, this will be your own personal nightmare. IF i hear the term "smile and dial" one more time I will die. -All in all this is not a good place to work. If you are entry level (just out of college) and really want to do staffing and recruiting, or just need your first salaried job, then sure ok i guess. When you look around you will notice that most people in the offices are there for less than a year or over 2.5 years there is nothing in between because most people realize the lack of skills and mobility you can gain from here if you don't want to stay in staffing. I would say of the people in my office a good 60% of them are ALWAYS looking for something better to come along hence why there were 27 people who left during my first year here.

Advice to Management

It is staffing, we arent saving the world, creating anything unique, or doing anything someone else cant do in their home office, so stop treating it like were launching a rocket. Do something to incentivize your people and I mean more than a 5.00 starbucks gift card and a "leave early on Friday" when that time is 4:00 and every other department has already left 2 hours prior to that. If you keep hiring young people not far out of college, take time to find out what makes them tick and play to that.

RSS Feed </> Embed