Kforce

Updated November 21, 2014
2.9

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Work-life balance, they don't expect you to work grueling hours (in 10 reviews)

• Work from home/remote opportunities after 6-12 months of tenure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, looked down on if you leave the office at a decent hour (in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

10 years and 4 promotions at Kforce (and counting!)

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Kforce has allowed me many things in my career thus far. I have been promoted 4 times and I've had the pleasure of being part of a world class culture in 3 different offices. I have always felt supported and encouraged and I firmly believe that we are an organization that puts its people first. When I have needed something, even at the desk level, the CEO has been available via phone. That's something that has impressed me from day one. I never expected to go into staffing, but the satisfaction I feel from being supported and mentored internally, coupled with the thank you's we get for finding our consultants employment, has been a truly blessed experience. I can't say it enough - Kforce has put me in a position to provide for my family in way that I never thought was possible and the responsibility of what we do, finding folks employment, is beyond rewarding.

Cons

No organization is perfect. Having said that, Kforce does a great job of explaining to its core employees why decisions are made that impact us all. That piece is important because while nobody agrees 100% all of the time with every decision made, understanding the thinking behind those decisions shows that respect is truly a core value of ours that we live internally as well as externally.

Incredible company in Chicago!!!

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Great pay. Competitive (and positive) sales environment. Fun culture. Great training program. Great technology and resources.

Cons

This is a tough industry and most aren't cut out for it. If you want an easy sales job then this isn't for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Easy to get lost in the shuffle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Kforce (less than an year)

Pros

I worked here as a contractor, or what they call a "consultant," for a large company. I was paid a decent hourly rate and regularly received overtime, since I worked a lot for the company they placed me at.

Cons

Once in the field you are dead to them, or at least that is the way it feels. There is no matching of 401k, you pay a lot for your benefits and you do not get a day off, no work no pay. If the office is closed where you work for their recognized holiday it does not matter. Keep this in mind if you decide to take a position with them.

Show that you care more than just the interview process as we represent your brand in the field, so you should want to keep us happy and in the loop.

good place to start out

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

talented employees, the opportunity to make a lot of money very quickly

Cons

negative culture, pay decreases, close KPI monitoring

Great working environment

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

The core values resonate with most employees, which makes for a very positive and enriching work environment. Career growth is supported and encouraged.

Cons

The only negative experiences I have had have been with particular individuals, and most of them are no longer with the company.

Prior employee at Tampa Headquarters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies.
    Allow and support telecommuting when appropriate
    Great structured processes for executive governance.
    Very good vacation and benefits

Cons

Don't really have any cons to share. I would work for this company again.

Keeping your employees happy and engaged is a great way to retain good employees
    Keep up the great work!

Good for newbies, not so good for people who want to grind

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training for people who don't have any experience. They are a very established brand in the area of staffing.

Cons

Super high turnover. I have never worked for a firm with more attrition. Sales-side looks like a revolving door of hopeful young recent college grads, who a few months later leave with their tails tucked between their legs.

Compensation plan needs to be reworked. The system is designed to make you crash and burn unless you are at the very top of the food chain, which is more luck than skill (depends on which clients they dole out to you).

Used to be a "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Corporate HQ in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate HQ in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Employees can typically gain a large amount of hands on experience in a very short time, making it very easy to find re-employment when the time comes
    - Parking is free
    - Prepares employees for hard core corporate atmosphere
    - Major initiatives are always changing and often implemented just to be undone months later, making work interesting and "fast paced"
    - Everything is a secret, which makes work seem much more exciting than it really is
    - Depending on if you are the flavor of the day, your value at the Firm could be astronomical. (Although the fall from the top is a long one and can happen at anytime and for any (no) reason)
    - Reporting is inconsistent, so you can appear to make money with low/negative margin, small time deals for a very long time before being discovered
    - Anything goes when it comes to making a sale, no holds barred

Cons

- Not a great place to work anymore - that tagline is a distant memory
    - Politics, gossip and groupthink now define Kforce
    - Career progression is not well defined, encouraged or planned for
    - Although a corporation by name, most decisions are made at the field level. Many "Mom and Pop" practices still in play which makes it difficult to scale and grow efficiently.
    - The "Mom and Pop" mentality also prevents consultants from being consistently employed
    - Not keeping pace with industry developments like technology, urban development and professional development
    - There are no leaders, just folks in managerial roles
    - The brand is highly inconsistent, making resume building with a career at Kforce a bit tricky. You never know when a future employer may have had a completely horrible experience with the Firm.
    - Employees are expendable and are let go with ease
    - You will be expected to work long hours with little reward or recognition
    - Stagnant management
    - Unrealistic and undefined strategy to get to a $ figure makes it difficult to understand your role

Stop trying to reinvent and go back to the basics of business, humanity and leadership. Grow and encourage leaders who innovate and understand industry trends. The stagnant "leaders" in place today are unable to reach Firm goals despite the "time being now". Prune the branches and get rid of the dead growth. Provide transparency about Firm strategy to the employees to educate and motivate them to reach stated goals. Be consistent and intentional in every action. Most importantly, hold every.single.person. in the Firm accountable for their actions, be it positive or negative.

Recruiter Mill

I worked at Kforce

Pros

Helpful training and introduction to the world of recruting

Cons

Environment can be compared a High School Cafeteria.Truly biased reward/award programs. Favoritism at its Worst! The best recruiter and hardest works rarely get their due.

Great company to enter the industry...

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great training program. I had 3 weeks of intro to the company, the industry and IT. Gave me a very solid foundation to get started with.
    - Great environment. Low cubes, interaction. 20-30 year old the average age range of producers and leads.
    - Offers overtime and wants you to work it. Time and a half for every hour over 40.
    - Working in Tampa headquarters is located in their own building, great campus.
    - Work from home/remote opportunities after 6-12 months of tenure. l

Cons

- Huge bias/politics, females move up much quicker then males do despite production, personalty and qualifications. Witnessed a few females "cry their way to the top".
    - Very poor opportunity to grow, and bonus' are weak compared to competitors with commission.
    - Poor 401k - matches 10% at most.
    - Does not have a strong care for work-life balance. Hides behind overtime in making you work late or long hours. Makes you feel guilty if you have any other appointments or plans outside of work.
    - After two years, it feels like you are stagnant and have to make a move or complain for any type of career growth.
    - Management awarded for producers bringing in the business. Has annual "PIP Trip" to an out of country location or Hawaii. Top HQ/NRC performers who dominate their job all year are left off the trip for managers who many do not even know what they do each day.
    - Worst coffee ever.

Fight for your people - recognition is poor and bias if there is any. Most managers were recruiters at one point, and forget what it was like in the production role. Show that you care and you're not in it for bonus' and trips.