Kforce Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
2.9

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Work-life balance, they don't expect you to work grueling hours (in 10 reviews)

• Work from home/remote opportunities after 6-12 months of tenure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, looked down on if you leave the office at a decent hour (in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Prior employee at Tampa Headquarters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies.
    Allow and support telecommuting when appropriate
    Great structured processes for executive governance.
    Very good vacation and benefits

Cons

Don't really have any cons to share. I would work for this company again.

Keeping your employees happy and engaged is a great way to retain good employees
    Keep up the great work!

Good for newbies, not so good for people who want to grind

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training for people who don't have any experience. They are a very established brand in the area of staffing.

Cons

Super high turnover. I have never worked for a firm with more attrition. Sales-side looks like a revolving door of hopeful young recent college grads, who a few months later leave with their tails tucked between their legs.

Compensation plan needs to be reworked. The system is designed to make you crash and burn unless you are at the very top of the food chain, which is more luck than skill (depends on which clients they dole out to you).

Great company to enter the industry...

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great training program. I had 3 weeks of intro to the company, the industry and IT. Gave me a very solid foundation to get started with.
    - Great environment. Low cubes, interaction. 20-30 year old the average age range of producers and leads.
    - Offers overtime and wants you to work it. Time and a half for every hour over 40.
    - Working in Tampa headquarters is located in their own building, great campus.
    - Work from home/remote opportunities after 6-12 months of tenure. l

Cons

- Huge bias/politics, females move up much quicker then males do despite production, personalty and qualifications. Witnessed a few females "cry their way to the top".
    - Very poor opportunity to grow, and bonus' are weak compared to competitors with commission.
    - Poor 401k - matches 10% at most.
    - Does not have a strong care for work-life balance. Hides behind overtime in making you work late or long hours. Makes you feel guilty if you have any other appointments or plans outside of work.
    - After two years, it feels like you are stagnant and have to make a move or complain for any type of career growth.
    - Management awarded for producers bringing in the business. Has annual "PIP Trip" to an out of country location or Hawaii. Top HQ/NRC performers who dominate their job all year are left off the trip for managers who many do not even know what they do each day.
    - Worst coffee ever.

Fight for your people - recognition is poor and bias if there is any. Most managers were recruiters at one point, and forget what it was like in the production role. Show that you care and you're not in it for bonus' and trips.

KForce, a great fit for many people!

Former Employee - Software Architect in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kforce as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked with KForce on multiple contracts over the last 10-15 years and always been treated great. I'm not saying you'll get the highest pay necessarily but you will be told the truth and you will be backed up if needed. Fair is the word that comes to mind the most!

Cons

Benefits could be better as could pay at times but you do have to consider that you're usually with a sub when you're with KForce and so the prime is often limiting whats available. It's a quantity business but as long as you understand that and being treated right is worth something to you I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I would love to see KForce try to be the prime on more projects and branch out into full project work versus just plugging holes in someone else's gig (which can be great or horrible! You don't know what that team is until after you're already in).

Kforce - Tampa

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, great environment, fast paced, exciting

Cons

Compensation is not quite as competitive as it could be.

Financial Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great at turning around new contracts. The longest I was waiting for a contract was 2 weeks. They are always willing to work with you on what jobs or experience you are hoping to gain from your projects.

Cons

You can occasionally be placed in positions that under utilize your job set. There seems to be a lot of disconnect and competitiveness between the talent managers to the point where they may keep your resume to themselves to place you themselves.

Not bad compnay

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Plenty of opportunities out in this area.

Cons

They don't care much about their employee

Recruiter Mill

I worked at Kforce

Pros

Helpful training and introduction to the world of recruting

Cons

Environment can be compared a High School Cafeteria.Truly biased reward/award programs. Favoritism at its Worst! The best recruiter and hardest works rarely get their due.

Typical staffing agency

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great training program if you work in the National Recruiting Center in Tampa. Good commission plan if you are a top producer in the field. Some of the offices have a good culture.

Cons

High turnover. Very metrics focused, they care more about quantity than quality. Don't allow enough ramp time for new employees that have potential. No work-life balance, looked down on if you leave the office at a decent hour.

Great training but low pay and highly political atmosphere.

Former Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is well known to be some of the best in the industry. Many of the people that work here are extremely bright and motivated.

Cons

Challenges? Where do I begin? The pay is extremely low for the hours one puts in and the pressure one goes through. Management is chosen based on being a top performer, not a good manager. Oftentimes corporate politics and the existence of military experience factors into this as well. Turnover is relatively high in an already tumultuous industry. Here you are treated as a list of KPIs, not an individual employee. Ongoing professional development needs a serious overhaul. Our training class of ~30, after a year of employment, was down to around 15 people.

Find a way to keep the best people. When I left, the floodgates had opened and people began leaving in droves.