Kforce Reviews

Reset
3.3
Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies (in 11 reviews)

• Some departments will allow work from home opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 10 hour work days make for a terrible work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They flew me out to the NRC in Tampa, for training and paid for everything. trained me in the business, and gave me my own work laptop they allow you to work 1 day remote from home aftyer 6 months they have created a great culture here in Phoenix. Im glad to be a part of it.

Cons

you have to pay for parking starting comp is okay recruiting is a rollercoaster of emotions sometimes a bit of favoritism

Advice to Management

make starting comp a bit higher

2. Sr. Account Manager

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

Excellent company to work for, wouldn't work at another company in our industry like this.

Cons

I can't think of anything negatively to say about Kforce.

3. Document Review Specialist

Former Employee - Document Review Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Document Review Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kforce (Less than a year)

Pros

Team environment. Good management and customer-service oriented.

Cons

Temporary position. Very little chance for conversion to permanent, full-time position.

5. Contract

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing to really say, they find work

Cons

I have nothing to say, when contract is done their done with you

6. Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Friendly, helpful and on top of their work force. Consistent contact with their contractors

Cons

Really did not have a down side to working with KForce, very pleased

Typical staffing company - had its pluses and minuses

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Kforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters and managers for the most part acted in a very professional manner Benefits were provided as promised The back office support and their internal systems for accessing the benefits (medical insurance etc) were good, and people were helpful too. Handling of my resignation process was good as well. They had a good relationship with the client. So when I moved to their client's payroll from their payroll (I had a CTH job), the transition was very smooth.

Cons

Push very hard into taking a position which I was not interested Tried to find out the very lowest rate that I will settle for, and offered me exactly that rate There were inaccuracies in some of the things that they told/promised me about the job. I am going to give them the benefit of doubt, and assume that these were genuine communication gaps.

Advice to Management

None

8. Sr. Technical Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kforce (More than a year)

Pros

good compensation package Chicago Office has a great Operations Team that make the little things easier.

Cons

Leadership in the Chicago Office is Laughable. If you ask consultants that know about them, you should get some pretty funny responses.

Advice to Management

If I had to give advise to some of the management there it would honstely be to find a different industry. One is never in the office and the other is in the office but doesnt do anything but micromanage.

9. Programmer Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Kforce (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got my I-140 within 14 months, multiple performance increases, long term stable projects, regular events for consultant and core employees, and close relations with clients.

Cons

no paid leaves aside from 10 or so client closures.

Advice to Management

add 1-2 weeks of paid leaves with tenure

10. Pros & Cons- NRC Recruiter

Former Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Talent Qualification Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program. Fun environment. Great team building events. Culture/ team environment is okay (you meet some great people but then you have very cliquey folks). Great first job out of college (usually not many will stay after 1-2 years). Transition out of your college job in retail/ hospitality to corporate/ Recruiting. Liked my coworkers/ peers.

Cons

Definitely a lot of micro-managing. Every day, even every few hours. I remember getting team call reports emailed to the whole team mid day to inform us on our call numbers/ talk time. Daily team meetings at the end of everyday to go over daily numbers (# of calls/ submittals/ placements) and compare to everyone else. Extremely cliquey. You always have to be on management's good side here if you want to get anywhere. If not, you will be the black sheep. When you do great, your managers will love you, when you have a bad week or bad month- they will treat you like the black sheep which leads to an uncomfortable environment. Everyone could sense there was strong favoritism. Certain people (the favorites get to work remote on a fixed schedule), even if you are doing well and request to work remote- you will be denied. Little growth room in the NRC, in order to grow you need to relocate to the field. Constant training classes taken place every 3-4 months anywhere from 15-25 new employees because turn over is high. In and out. My training class begin with 25+ and by the 6 months mark, there was only 10 of us left, by a year only 5 of us left.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fair and help everyone in their success at Kforce, not just the ones you want to succeed.

11. Kforce Dallas

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

Company culture, huge market footprint, advancement opportunities are all present. Being a publicly traded staffing firm gives a real name recognition and validation when doing business.

Cons

Commission structure is low to start off. You really have to be a high producer to start seeing the compensation match the effort. There can be elements of micro-management early-on.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust employees to get the job done. This is a roller-coaster industry, and there are ups and downs, but trusting in your employees keeps morale up in slow times.

RSS Feed </> Embed