Kforce

Updated January 28, 2015
3.1

Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Pros
  • Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies (in 11 reviews)

• Work from home/remote opportunities after 6-12 months of tenure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, looked down on if you leave the office at a decent hour (in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced account managers and recruiters (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Culture, Career Growth and Recognition

Current Employee - National Recruiting Center in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Center in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Kforce offers tremendous career growth opportunities for those who exceed expectations. You can remain in the location you are currently in or you can choose to relocate which really opens up opportunities. The culture here is amazing - fun atmosphere with leaders who truly care about your success. The company's core values hold true for all leaders up through the executives which is very apparent when you walk through the door. It absolutely feels like family and not many companies can offer that.

Cons

Although Kforce offers a comprehensive benefits package, they need to provide a better match to the 401K along with a better discount on the ESPP. There is a discretionary match at the end of each year for the 401K, but I'd like to see them match up to a certain percentage of my contribution.

Continue to lead by example! You can feel the passion for the Firm and this industry. Continue putting your employees first and you will continue to have tremendous loyalty from your people.

Finance/Accounting Recruiter - Great experience and opportunity

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with a great team and have a great boss who is always there to help with any questions or issues we have. Made 50K more in year 2 with the company than my previous entry-level operations position I had out of school. You certainly work hard and the line of work is not for everyone (10 hours a day, make a ton of phone calls and interview a lot of people) but if that doesn't bother you, you can make a lot of money. Also since there are 60+ offices throughout the country (in most major markets) employee experiences will vary greatly depending on management, the local market and opportunities but I can only speak to what I experience first hand and have no complaints.

Cons

If a client pays with a credit card it directly affects the producer with a high fee associated. Alot of operations were sent to the Phillipines including AR which led to some confusion and frustration, but alot of the ops are coming back to the US to streamine processes. Some offices will have high turnover, inexperienced sales/recruitnig team which can limit the money you make (look for tenured producer's, my office's IT and FA Directors have both been with the company over 10+ years which is huge for long term clients/relationships and consistent accounts).

Keep up the good work.

Great Environment and Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I joined the firm years ago and the same motto of "Great People=Great Results" still rings true today. I enjoy the environment I work and the people I get surround myself with on a daily basis. The Firm's goals are very clear and deliberate which are directly relayed to their employees so you get a feel that you a part of something BIG throughout the year. The company spends a lot of time on making sure that their clients, customers (candidates), and employees are happy and in turn, that creates a very positive and exciting environment to work in.

Cons

Compensation should be evaluated for top performers sooner than later...

Good company, interesting options

Current Employee - IT Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Analyst

I have been working at Kforce as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package, easy to work with, very hands off and non intrusive

Cons

Not easy tog get a hold of after initial contact and contract beginning.

I would say get a hold of your employees on a more regular basis, make sure they are happy in their role and make sure there is nothing you can do to further their needs and that where you have placed them made sure that they are happy. I know I am. but I imagine a bad placement looks bad on you and the employee, and it is unfair to them to continue making them work there.

Excellent dedicated staff

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Very successful in matching positions to skills.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives.

Good work culture, clear communication, on time payments

Current Employee - Software Consultant
    Current Employee - Software Consultant

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very good company to work as a consultant with on-time payments and timely visa & GC processing. They have a strong recruitment team to look for new projects.

Cons

Sometimes recruiters are not so clear when you are at the end of your current project and looking for a new one so need to take care of yourself with regular follow ups.

Great people equals results

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Great staff in Chicago. Growing quickly. They work with some of the best clients in the Chicago area, including but not limited to Financial Services, Retail, Pharma, Telecom and Healthcare. Sales team has good manager contact in major clients. Once you get going, commissions can get big quickly. Plenty of resources to find top tier talent for great job opportunities at your fingertips at all fime

Cons

Very competitive, not necessarily a bad thing.

Keep teaching your recruiters from scratch and keep your employees happy.

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company's mid-level leadership cares about their employees on a personal level, provides some flexibility in work schedule and location (i.e., remote working). They've consistently provided a raise and bonus every year I've worked here.

Cons

I'd like to see more training opportunities to maintain and enhance my skills.

Full of clueless people

I worked at Kforce

Pros

Hired quickly, loved the work, well paid

Cons

Clueless coworkers, supervisor sent me halfway across the state for nothing, only worked 3 days, lied to about next projects

Don't mislead your employees. I was told I was number 1 and would have another project shortly. This never happened.

Good place to learn the ropes if just starting

I worked at Kforce

Pros

Good place to learn the ropes if just starting and fun environment!

Cons

Micromanagement because most of the staff are very green in the business

Give more Autonomy to experienced and tenured staff to retain and empower valuable employees