KiSKA Construction

KiSKA Construction Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good opportunities to fast learners

Civil Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at KiSKA Construction full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou will be exposed to various aspects of the business in a short period of time. They will take good care of you if you learn fast and deliver and they will do their best to keep you. Fair compensation plan with some unusual benefits like free breakfast and lunch. In general, good caliber people and pleasant work environment.

ConsThey will not hold your hand forever. You will have to understand and adapt to their ways pretty fast. Also be ready to put extra hours but at least you will compensated for those (unlike many other firms).

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job. More job site presence will help.

A Decent Heavy Construction Company

Field Engineer/Inspector (Current Employee)

I have been working at KiSKA Construction full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts a company that carries features of both corporate and small business mentality. In terms of learning about business from different aspects such as cost, field, management etc. they are still acting with small business mentality (in a good way). They move their employees around often to see what their abilities are and find a fit for them. I think this gives employees a wide open learning opportunity which is very good. When it comes to safety and company procedures they are going with the corporate mentality where you have to fill out a form for almost everything you do or plan on doing. Benefits are solid (health, dental, vision, 401k with company match). Also they are very fair and may be beyond fair with compensating your expenses such as food, gas, tolls. On top of all benefits, if you work over 50 hrs a week, they pay you OT (single time based on your wage) on top of your salary. Oh breakfast and lunch is free and very satisfying!

ConsLong hours and tough outdoor conditions but this is an industry specific problem. They can be also tough when insubordination occurs. Hierarchy is strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall very fair and innovative people.

Great Construction Company

I have been working at KiSKA Construction full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt is one of the construction companies that really takes care of their employees. It is like a big family. Their benefits package is great. If you are looking for a long term employment, this is the place to be.

ConsYou may have to work long hours, which is very common for construction industry! One good thing about Kiska is that if you work over the weekends, they will reimburse you for those extra days in the form of days added to your vacation days for that year. If you end up not using all your vacation days, they will reimburse you for the left over vacation days at the end of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work...

Horrible management

Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at KiSKA Construction full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent engineering staff. Horrible Management

ConsWhere to start, when I first came for the interview, the woman "warned" me about the certain PM who is running one of the projects and told me I wont last... I don't know why, I took it under the impression that she was kidding. She wasn't, from the project manager to the vp of the company - they treat people like garbage. Months pass, I finally had enough and complained to the office, she told me that she warned me and I should suck it up or leave. About 4 of us left at the same time span and yet again they blame the workers for it not themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management need to get some people skills, they are either unapproachable, or completely nasty to the workers that make them money

Even if you are desperate for a job, I would not suggest working here.

Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at KiSKA Construction full-time for less than a year

ProsPaid lunches. Although there is a con to this - you are not allowed to leave the office for lunch. Period.

ConsYou are required to work 10-12 hour days, every day. There is never any kid of acknowledgement for doing something good for the company. Pay period is monthly (is that even legal?). Micromanaged to the fullest extent (you are not even allowed to send a simple email without prior approval from your manager).

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some people skills. Treat your employees better.

Worked for KiSKA Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KiSKA Construction reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by KiSKA Construction employees.