Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Reviews

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014

Byung Mo Ahn

Great work environment! Enjoy my team and look forward to many more years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the team philosophy at KMMG. Everyone is willing to help teammates in order to reach a common goal. Benefits are excellent with very little cost to the Team Members. Being a greenfield project has allowed me to be a part of process creation and implementation. Promotion opportunities have been offered. Bonuses are great!

Cons

There is always a challenge when you have more than one culture and communication can sometimes be an issue.

Training is good, but can be improved.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Stamping  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Stamping in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for less than a year

Pros

The communication between the workers are a plus.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about the company

Three years with no advancement on assebly line.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, health/dental benefits, easy to learn work skills. The work is not hard to perform and coworkers are friendly/ sociable. Cons out weight the cons in this position because the company is rather disconnected and unorganized.

Cons

Unstable work schedule (never know if we will work on Saturdays or when we will work regular or 10 hour shifts). Close to impossible to advance. Management disconnected and cares little about employee. Group leader and team leaders are also unwilling to help will work.

Do your job. Hold leaders accountable and do not blame all problems on the working lower employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its been a dissapointment working here

Current Employee - Assembly Line  in  Lagrange, GA
    Current Employee - Assembly Line in Lagrange, GA

Pros

A week off during christmas, a week off during the summer, great insurance.

Cons

Advancement, i've been here 5yrs and yet to advance, it too much of a buddy system, the under pay their employees and do their temps horrible, roughly 5 and a half yrs before they reach top pay. too many wknds that allow you to have no social and family life.

learn to treat people fair, i think management tends to look down on people

OK no sick days

Current Employee - Malone Saffing  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Malone Saffing in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money and benefits is the best thing about the job, vacation time is too, and paid holidays

Cons

getting hired on from temp

look out for employees

overworked and underpaid. two years as a temp ans still may not get hired.

Current Employee - Assembely Line  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Assembely Line in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

benefits and pay is good if you get hired on.

Cons

no social or family life working two and three saturdays a month. alot of the processes on my line are very difficult and are pressured to get sighned off on them. short breaks and shotr lunch break. pretty much working all the time. i have been a temp for going on 2 years. have not missed a day and only been tardy twice. have busted my butt and been moved to 4 different lines. am pressured and harrassed to get sighned off on hard jobs and that what you get for being a ggod employee. all they care about is cars being built and could care less about yor well being!! even worse for the temps.

start caring and being more appreciateive about your employess especially the temps.

Too many hours, little to no chance of advancement. Assembly Line

Current Employee - Assembly Line  in  West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Assembly Line in West Point, GA

Pros

Pay checks are good but that's only because of the amount of hours you are required to work. Health coverage is as good as you will find anywhere.

Cons

I doubt this section has the character allocation for me to list all of them. First I'll start with the hours. You will be working 2-3 Saturdays a month. Doesn't seem that bad until you think about being on 2nd or 3rd shift. There isn't any chance of you making a career here unless you have degree or consider manual labor a career. I have been here over thee years and not seen a single person get promoted. Going above and beyond is expected not appreciated. Family and/or social life is virtually non-existent. To even get hired on now you must for a temp agency that cares even less about you than KMMG does about it's employees. You get 3 sick days a year. Kids sick? Family member in the hospital? You're sick? You've got three days all year to cover that. Only two team members are allowed to take a vacation day on the same day. That's out of roughly the 50-70 people on your line. I've developed carpal tunnel since working here yet the time I brought it up to medical, I couldn't have possibly developed it from doing the same processes every single day. I doubt you'll see any good reviews of KMMG from anyone that doesn't work in a cubicle or that isn't upper management. We outwork our Korean counterparts yet they are rewarded with profit sharing.

What's the point? Building cars is all this place is about.

work there for three months

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Lagrange, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lagrange, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for less than a year

Pros

constant overtime ,get to learn about cars

Cons

rotating shifts, 18 -24 month temporary obligation then you might get hired,

treat your employees better

Great Place

Former Employee - Production  in  West Point, GA
    Former Employee - Production in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary, benefits, co workers are great to be around, always have a good time while working

Cons

a lot of time working , but money is good for area, location of plant is not the best

Unrealistic demands & underwhelming compensation

Former Employee - Office Employee - Salary  in  West Point, GA
    Former Employee - Office Employee - Salary in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits package Kia offers is above average. The people of the area (West Georgia - East Alabama) are kind and caring.

Cons

The company should be ashamed of how they treat their employees. Kia has no competition for talent/labor force, so people of the area have no options. I could fill a book with first hand accounts of mistreatment, but I will only list a few below:

> No concept of work/life balance - Korean managers come over on 3-7 year work contracts. Basically, if they are successful & improve output they will be made men when they return to Korea. Because of this, the Korean mgt literally work 70+ hour weeks at minimum. They expect nothing less from their subordinates. If this does not fit your lifestyle, any shot at a promotion in squashed.

> Severely understaffed - When I left Kia it was a 24 hour per day, 6 day per week operation. When Kia started production as a 1 shift, 5 day per week operation my department had 17 employees. When I left we had added 5 employees despite TRIPLING production. I believe you can see the problems this caused.

> Lastly, how they took advantage of the labor force - As I mentioned above, Kia has no competition in the area for talent or labor. This area was hit hard when textile industry headed south in the 90's and nothing filled the labor void in the area until Kia came along. A large portion of the "line" jobs are filled by temp organizations. These people perform similar tasks to their full-time counterparts, but are paid (even) less & receive no benefits. The "temps" are promised full time positions in return for a couple years of experience. However, Kia often finds reasons (as simple as taking sick children to the doctor & missing 1/2 a day) to let the "temps" go before offering them full time employment or reasons to keep them under temp status & the cycle begins again.

My heart goes out to the people who think the atmosphere at Kia is one of a typical company.

> Korean management & American management often seem to be playing on separate teams. Come together & work to accomplish common goals.

> Value your employees. Understand that they are not to be treated like raw material or just another ingredient of production

Worked for Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia? Contribute to the Community!