Kid 2 Kid Reviews

CEO

1. very bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

kid to kid is a very casual place to work

Cons

management is not clear very confusing too many people trying to run a small place...

Advice to Management

Weekly meetings

2. Great Place to work if you like being treated like the stuff you have to clean off of the changing table in the restroom

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Nice employee discount (in theory) I got tons of retail experience (since I had to do Everything myself) In all fairness different franchisees might run their stores better, so some of them could actually be a great place to work. Some customers were delightful to deal with.

Cons

Crap wages, no benefits. It's a consignment shop and alot of customers get downright abusive when they ignore the posted guidelines of what the store accepts and fail to understand why you won't pay then top dollor for 20 ratty poop and formula stained onsies. Constantly having to scrub kid crap out of the restroom because some parents fail to observe basic hygine when changing their little darlings diapers. No effective training of any kind + absentee management = minimum wage employees being forced to run the store with neither the knowledge nor power to carry out certain tasks...a fact which sadly will be completely disregarded by management when they ream you out because frustrated customers complained about it later.

Advice to Management

When Corporate decides to take a franchise away from an underperforming owner, they need to close the store unless they have a plan in place to keep it running effectively. Asking other franchise owners to pitch in is not a solution since their own stores are their first priority and they will naturally act accordingly. As a result minimum wage employees will be left with the primary responsibility for the day to day running of the shop. Let's take a moment to let this sink in...you expect minimum wage employees to bear all of the work, stress and responability of an owner and/or manager...FOR MINIMUM WAGE! What's the motivation there? If we do a lousy job no one's going to fire us because there's no one else even willing to even show up, and if we do an outstanding job we're still going to get the same crap $6.25 an hour. Also, bear in mind what $6.25 an hour is typically going to get you...uneducated, unpolished teenagers. Occasionally you will luck out and get someone like me...a mature mom looking for some part time work while her kids are at school. If you are that fortunate, don't blow it by paying us the same as the slacker teenagers, and then demanding that we take the slacker teenagers to task for having poor work habits and using foul language in front of the customer's children. I may be "a" mom, but I'm not "their" mom and it's neither my place nor my responsibility. And finally...if you're going to offer to make up for the crap wages by offering a generous employee discount, it might be a good idea not to let the employees overhear you bragging about how you purposely price merchandise higher when said employees express an interest in purchasing something that's awaiting pricing, thus effectively canceling out the discount.

RSS Feed </> Embed