Kidder Mathews

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey S. Lyon

Proud to be a former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kidder Mathews

ProsI enjoyed my time with KM for many reasons. For one, it feels like a family business even though it is a well established company that has 500+ employees. All the employees across the many offices are very close to each other and willing to help out one another. Management is very approachable and easy to talk to and will provide you with the training and the tools necessary to succeed in your job.

The company does a good job of keeping the employees morale up by throwing parties, giving gifts during the holiday season, potlucks, happy hours ... etc

A good part of the of the company is that employees aren't worried about layoffs, so everyone is focused on just doing their job and helping the company grow.

ConsUnless a new position is created for you (which does happen) it's hard to get promoted. The company has figured out the roles needed to keep the company functioning at a high level. Everyone in their roles are doing their job at a very high level as well, which creates very little opportunity in terms of career growth.

Great Company to Work For

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kidder Mathews full-time for more than a year

ProsTreat employees well with great benefits!

ConsNo room for growth or advancement.

A unique work experiance

I have been working at Kidder Mathews full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome great opprotunities once you get your foot in the door

ConsNot a lot of Minorities or minority vendors

Definitely do not recommend this company as a place of employment

Commercial Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Kidder Mathews full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe only pro was that there were some nice co-workers that were fun. They also gave me a flexible work schedule which was good.

ConsThough I was given a flexible work schedule and was working more than 30 hours per week both in the office and from home they would not give me benefits. Each department is run like its own business and HR has no say and they do not follow the law, nor even their own employee handbook. There is a lot of sexual discrimination as well. Women are treated as much "lower" than they typical white male, which is the majority of the people who work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to give women more respect. Also, the women who are in management positions need to not be such good old boys and promote their friends rather than those who can actually do the job. I worked at this company for more than five years and leaving there was the best thing that could have ever happened me!

It's CRE brokerage, without all the corporate bs!

Vice President (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kidder Mathews as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros90/10 splits, no bs, great upper management

Conslimited platform, limited reach, regional

Advice to Senior Managementcut some of the old guard/dead weight

Well managed firm, competent staff and management, overall great place to work

Property Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Kidder Mathews

ProsGood executive management that support education and training. Some opportunities for advancement. Firm has a good reputation and there are a lot of highly skilled and respected staff.

ConsMore pressure on property managers to take on more to earn fees as a result of the downtown in the economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have more formal succession plans in place and other more formal programs for promotions.

Worked for Kidder Mathews? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kidder Mathews reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kidder Mathews CEO Jeffrey S. Lyon. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Kidder Mathews employees.