Kiddie Academy Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. preschool teacher

I have been working at Kiddie Academy

Pros

Great co-workers and children. The job is fun and the days go by quickly.

Cons

Lack of resources, no planning time for teachers, low pay, low vacation time

Advice to Management

Increasing pay and benefits and showing value to your employlee's will increase longevity and motivation

2. Great People

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time

Pros

Work environment is very pleasant and professional. Great preschool children are well cared for and staff are genuinely nice.

Cons

Hours were non negotiable and with all preschools no room for forward movement.

Advice to Management

Owners might want to stop running preschool like retail.

3. Teacher

I have been working at Kiddie Academy

Pros

The director is amazing. She is always ready and willing to help. The children are fabulous and the facility and resources are top notch.

Cons

KA doesn't offer any health benefits and uses Obama care as an excuse.

Advice to Management

Look into offering benefits and make sure you aren't misleading or over using your staff. The good ones won't stay if they aren't getting the backing they need.

5. Do not work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time

Pros

I was surprised at the salary they initially offered me. If things seem too good to be true, they are.

Cons

I don't feel comfortable going into detail but have to say, if you are thinking about whether or not to work here, save yourself the trouble and don't. I thought Reynoldsburg was a nice area but this place is not at all nice or respectable. The employees are treated terribly and the bad thing is that we allow it to happen because it's all in the paperwork we signed. You need to read and be informed. Consulting a lawyer before signing anything would be best if you think you want to work here.

Advice to Management

It's important to keep in mind that employees are human beings. If you are working in childcare, you can't treat the profit margin as the most important thing. If the employees are mistreated, there is a risk to the children because then the employees don't care anymore. The children you serve deserve the best and they are not even getting a safe place to be.

6. It was a fun job.

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Kiddie Academy

Pros

Earn experience working with children. Fair pay

Cons

hardly any vacation and paid time off

7. Never again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The perks to working at this place where the wonderful coworkers that I had The kids and families are all incredibly sweet Unfortunately all of the perks are now gone because about 95% of my great coworkers are no longer there and a lot of the families are pulling their children from that center

Cons

The cons are the owner is incredibly greedy rude to her employees and does not care about the children as much she cares about her paycheck On a regular basis she belittles her employees keeps them in the dark about important information and brakes DSS standard rules just to get by from day to day

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to start treating people better because you have to remember you reap what you sow

8. I am a current teacher in Kiddie Academy, the work environment is great.

I worked at Kiddie Academy

Pros

Co workers are really nice

Cons

Poor management and low pay

Worst job I have ever had.

I worked at Kiddie Academy

Pros

I did meet a few very nice people who were treated poorly here and together we managed through it.

Cons

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God. The owners are very greedy. Immediate "hire's remorse". One of the worst times of my life, second only to the year both of my parents passed away. I have been with my new employer (very happily) for almost a year now and am still very bothered by the way I was personally treated at Kiddie Academy. I have never seen so many unhappy people under one roof. A terrible shame. In a term I learned from the owner herself, "triflin' ".

Advice to Management

Humble yourselves.

10. Great place to work

I have been working at Kiddie Academy

Pros

It's like a family, everyone truly cares about the children and each other

Cons

Low pay(but that's normal in childcare)

Advice to Management

The owner of the one I work at seems to care more about money then the employees but everyone else is great

Kiddie Academy review

I have been working at Kiddie Academy

Pros

Working with Children, if you work in day care-education you have to love what you do. They have a curriculum written for you so if you want to you can use that. I didn't like it but its available. I happen to be very lucky and work with people I loved.

Cons

It is franchised, so every center is different. They all follow corporate policy, yet are given a lot of freedom to run as they see fit. Expectation and paper work is very high, with very little help. It is also daycare so the pay is not very much.

RSS Feed </> Embed