Kiddie Academy

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

great place to work

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Nesconset, NY

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsFun supportive place to work if you like working with kids

Consnone that i can think of

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your teachers

Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
League City, TX

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOwners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

ConsI think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

I enjoyed my time at Kiddie Academy.

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsThe KA I worked out had some very smart, very experienced teachers. I wouldn't say that every classroom was on top of its game, but at least 4 out of 6 were very good. And at least 3 of 6 were excellent. Most of my coworkers were friendly and willing to help you learn new things, etc. They also give an nice discount if you are a parent who would like your child to attend while you are working there.

ConsI couldn't say whether the benefits were great, because I didn't use them. I already had benefits through my husband's employer. The pay may have seemed like less than one would hope for (despite being the average salary for such a position), but, for me, when the cost of child care was factored in, it was a substantial sum.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Director did a very good job. The owners didn't seem as if they loved having to constantly tend to the business, but they did what they needed to.

Corporate atmosphere

Abingdon, MD

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsMany managers are supportive, helpful, and in your corner. Leadership can be open to new ideas & different opinions. Corporate employees enjoy some fun events, such as a nice holiday party, etc.

ConsCorporate atmosphere needlessly rigid in areas that have little impact on job performance, etc. The dress code, for example, is highly strict - even for employees that have no contact with customers. There is no option to work from home, regardless of the circumstances. If you have a slight cold, your options are to take one of your alloted days off or to go in anyway.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It was a nice place to work

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)
Spottswood, VA

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsI love working with the children.

ConsThe pay was not enough to live on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible please provide more materials for teachers to work with.

I loved the work itself, but being an employee was not the best.

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)
Nesconset, NY

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsWonderful children; safe/clean/wonderful facilities; nice playground; good starting compensation; some wonderful, hardworking coworkers; clear understanding of what your responsibilities are; secure facilities (electronic checkin/locked doors); offers curriculum to follow; video surveillance for parents.

ConsNo promotion/pay raise/ benefits; limited time off; no room for advancement; nepotism between management and employees; gossip between employees; incompetent employees never dealt with; employees on cellphones constantly; overtime is per pay period, not per day; constantly shortstaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep standards high for your employees; follow up on consequences to misbehavior; consider raises for hardworking employees; hire more staff.

Good.

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee)
Syosset, NY

ProsThe interaction with children
Employees friendly
A lot of hours are available

ConsNot much change on a day to day basis

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job. Very understanding.

Great experience if you want to get into the Education field.

Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee)
Syosset, NY

I worked at Kiddie Academy

ProsIf you want to get your BA or Master's in Early Childhood Education, this is a great stepping stone in heading toward that type of career. You gain experience working with children of all ages.

ConsSome of the kids can be challenging and it can get stressful at times, dealing with the younger kids, especially the babies.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A.

Unappreciated.

Teacher (Former Employee)
Holly Spring, NC

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsChildcare discount ..That is it.

ConsLack of communication is number 1. There is no work life balance. Owners do not give raises unless you take classes no matter how wonderful of a teacher you are and you have to practically beg for that. Bonus at the end of the year is solely based on attendance which means if you are late more then twice in a year and called out more then once you are disqualified from getting it no matter how great of a teacher you are. They will not help you with your education expense at all. No sick day's and if you call out they take time away from you. The only reason I stayed is because i loved the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathy, Treat people the way YOU want to be treated. Appreciate the GOOD employees you have. Stop rewarding people solely on their attendance that should only be a part of the bonus. COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!!! Something anything would be nice. The only incentive to do better is the children otherwise there is NONE!!!!! And the Owner/Director needs to put the children first not her bank account.

My experience at Kiddie Academy was horrible.

Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee)
Lewis Center, OH

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with the children and seeing their faces light up while learning new tasks.

ConsManagement only see children as dollar signs.
No room for advancement
No pay raises.
Understaffed and under paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep disruptive and problem children out of the class rooms.

Worked for Kiddie Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiddie Academy reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Kiddie Academy employees.