Kids II Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Ryan T. Gunnigle

Pros
  • Along with a fantastic work environment, Kids II provides an abundance of (in 6 reviews)

• Our Executive team works tirelessly not only on overall direction but also in driving change to positively impact every Kids II employee (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't handle the fast-paced lifestyle (in 9 reviews)

• The workload can be overwhelming at times which can interfere with work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Kids II is right for you! (If you are job hunting)

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Kids II full-time

Pros

- Fun work environment that allows you to be yourself and unleash your inner kid
    - Great company-wide activities
    - Occasional free food
    - Fun activities around the office like nerf gun wars and snowball fights
    - Various ways to give back to the community through volunteer events
    - Great executive staff that cares about their employees
    - Room for growth
    - Fast-paced and always changing, which is a pro in my opinion, not a con.

Cons

There are some employees here at Kids II that just do not fit the fun-loving culture of the company and have negative outlooks on things, which can be kind of a downer. But what company doesn't have those select few?

Advice to Management

Give your employees the chance to push themselves to their full potential and allow them to prove themselves. Yes there is room for growth, but let them grow with more opportunities.

Definitely not for everyone. NOT Entrepreneurial.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kids II has a beautiful office space and work environment in Buckhead. The commute to work can be brutal if you live more than a few miles away or don't have access to public transportation. But, once you arrive at work, you have a beautiful space to work in. There are also a TON of great mid and lower level people that work at Kids II. SO much talent! Kids II also does a lot of great charity work. They have a foundation to support a number of causes, often chosen and supported by employees. They also do a lot to support moms with breast cancer.

Cons

There is a leadership vacuum at the executive level. The executive team is full of managers; not leaders. They tend to be very reactionary and emotional. The CEO isn't a bad person. But he is a bad leader. Unfortunately, his executive team isn't much better. They are FAR too involved in decisions that can and should be made at lower levels. Kids II claims to foster an entrepreneurial spirit, but there is far too much micromanaging for this to be true. Kids II is also behind the times when it comes to the modern work environment. The commute for so many is brutal. The office is located in one of the most congested parts of the city.

Advice to Management

Supplement the current executive team with some EXPERIENCED executives who understand leadership. Train and equip your mid and lower level leaders and EMPOWER them to make decisions.

Can I give a zero?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few niceties such as birthday bagels, beautiful office decor, and every now and then, a nice party.

Cons

Back-stabbing, competing personalities, lying management team, president who will lie directly to your face, breaking into your personal email accounts, oh where does the list end?

Advice to Management

There is so much that needs to be addressed that I don't even know where to begin.

Glad im away from this place! It

Former Employee - Account Services in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Account Services in Buckhead, GA

I worked at Kids II

Pros

Great location. Nice break rooms. Great view.

Cons

I was here for over 2 years and I hated it here. Managers are under educated and under qualified. There is no such thing as work life balance. Everyday I had to worry about my job security. I'm just continued to look for another job so I could get far far away from this place and never look back. Its a wonder how this place is still in business. It's so much favoritism in this place that it's sad. If you want to be a favorite on the Mexico side all you have to do is go out with management after work and get drunk, pop pills,do a few lines and smoke a little pot. As long as you keep that up, you're going to be ok. But as soon as you stop the excessive knit picking begins. It's obvious management had no friends outside of work. There are no career opportunities. It's people there that had been doing the same job for years with no advancement. The same people get awarded and recognized for work and ideas of other people. I could write a book about that hell hole but i care not to waste any more of my time on this place. I just wanted to warn others.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism and stop being bullies or keep racking up the lawsuits.

Great company but could be a bit more open

I have been working at Kids II

Pros

Great people to work with. Cool location in Buckhead. Involved in great charities. The Kids II community is very caring.

Cons

The "family style dining" type work stations get very loud and distracting. Keeping the "look" of the office is not very conducive to creativity.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are going - the future looks great. Listen to your people it's a great place to be. Open up a little bit and loosen your shirt collar.

A Horror Show

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any right now... Looked good on the outside...

Cons

Too many Chiefs... The hardest working people were never recognized for their work. The morale in some areas is so bad, I don't know why these people even show up anymore.

Advice to Management

Stick with what got you here... all change is not good or necessary. Once you moved from Alpharetta to Buck Head, it's been all downhill.

run, do not walk the other way

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

office look, decent people at mid levels

Cons

opinion, take it as you will, exec team, culture, dishonest, positive posts on glassdoor were posted by HR at Kids II to try and offset the negative posts that reflect reality, those posts are not real, you can recognize which ones. business and personal ethics issues. What is promised is not followed thru on, what is described when one goes thru the interview process is misleading, this opinion is not alone. I have no idea why I stayed as long as I did, false hope

Advice to Management

your not the smartest in the room....by far, your cost cutting measures smell of selling and stranding your employees, not that that would matter to you. Be honest, even if it goes against your DNA, actually, really empower employees, don't just say the words. HR in serious need of an upgrade, top down, CFO relies on college degree with little accomplished, cutting and slashing

Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Kidsii for almost 14 years. It has been an incredible experience for me. I have seen it grow in leaps and bounds since i started. The people I get the privilege to work with everyday are not only some of the most talented people in the industry but also the kindest. Everyone is like minded and work there tails off because they care care about what we do. It’s nice to have such a special extended family. The new office is beautiful and feel very proud to be here. Kidsii has invested so much into trying to make this place one of the best places to work in the industry. I have seen so much blood sweet and tears poured into this place by all the executives on down to the interns. It starts and the top and i can tell anyone interested in working here how much each and every employee is cared for. I would not dream of working for someone else. I have always believed that you get out what you put in. This is true for Kidsii! They are always open to new and better ways to do business. I've seen people come in and make huge impacts on the company with fresh new ideas.
        Life is fast paced and things do change quickly just like in the market place. If you don't like that you may have a difficult time. I love the challenge every day and feel like we get that. The baby toy business is very competitive and love the fact that we are all that way. Kids ii pushes innovation and better ways to make product safer, cuter, and the best quality on the market. A company that is not growing and being competitive will not last. I can tell you know that Kidsii will last.
         Kidsii gives back to the community. We have a large foundation that focuses on how to give back. You can look at our web site and find out more information if you are interested. I want to thank Kidsii for all they have done for me and my family and feel very blessed to be a part of it. I wanted to thank Ryan Gunnigle for treating everyone the same and caring about the people that work for Kidsii. You expect a lot but you also give back a lot in return.

Cons

The commute for some people is very difficult. I don't think we are the only company in Mid Town Atlanta that has the same problem. I know that ideas and solutions are being worked on.

Advice to Management

Keep being proactive with problems. It's the little things that go a long way.

All the other reviews are true

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place if you are straight out of college and not ready to enter the "real life" workforce. In entry level or lower level positions you will have opportunities you wouldn't get elsewhere.

Cons

Carefully read what others have posted; every one of them tells some truth, some are just between the lines. The turnover in 2014 was astronomical. Do your salary research.

Advice to Management

You keep saying you need leaders in your company. You already have a lot of great employees who are very capable of being leaders; they just don't have the time because they are stretched so thin. People are so focused on just getting the basics done that it is difficult to do things well. Hire more do-ers and less "leaders" and your true leaders will emerge.

Could be a great company but not there yet.

Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, great people and a product you can be proud of.

Cons

The expectation that you must work long hours to be successful. Long hours for them is at least 10-11 hour days. Expected to work on weekends and in the evenings. If you have no life outside of work, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Quit saying you have flexible work hours, care about people with long commutes. It's not true.

RSS Feed </> Embed