Kids II Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
3.8

Ryan T. Gunnigle

Joining the Kids II Team was a great decision!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the main things that drew me to Kids II was the culture...I was really looking to find an employer that recognized that their employees were their biggest asset and treated them as such, and I really feel that Kids II has exceeded my expectations on that front.

The people are wonderful and most really love what they do and actually enjoy coming to work. The office space in Atlanta is unlike any other office I have ever seen - beautifully designed and no detail spared.

Cons

As a competitive and fast paced work environment, employees are always giving more than just clocking a 40 hour week. While the hours are flexible, it's not typically a 9-5 kind of place.

Keep focusing on culture...as we continue to grow as quickly as we are, it is the culture that will keep employees feeling connected.

Fake Reviews to make the company look like a great place to work!

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The furniture and slide make the environment a cool place to work in. If you are entry level and want to stay entry level for years, then this is the place for you.

Cons

If you want to get rewarded for how hard you work, Kids ii is not the place for you. They talk about the culture and being transparent, but they really don't live what they preach. The managers there are not equipped to manage teams and are not knowledgeable about the duties of their team so therefore can be great leaders. Over 60 people have left or gotten fired since February and the owner of the company only says that "those that left weren't a good cultural fit." What?! Get a clue and make some real changes.

Get a clue and make some real changes.

Looking for exciting opportunities...Kids II is the place to be!

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Incredible culture giving the employees the opportunity to really drive their areas of ownership. Individuals who are willing to drive and contribute vs. waiting for someone to make the path for them succeed in this environment. Kids II strives to deliver a great work experience. The people at Kids II are awesome and the office and family environment make it an awesome place to work.

Cons

Kids II is very fast paced! It can be challenging, but very rewarding if you are willing to make the investment. You have to push through at times and stay focused on the good vs. dwell on the difficult or stressful times. If you love to work hard and push hard Kids II is a great place.

Focus. Keep pushing, but focus on the priorities. Let's not focus on the small stuff and really drive the key initiatives.

A class action suit should be filed against this company

Former Employee - Account Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people you work with until they turn on you to throw you under the bus to save their own butts

Cons

This place is traumatizing to everyone that currently works there and that has worked there in the past. Managers are vindictive especially on the international side. They lack the maturity, training and education to be good managers. The style of management is nothing less of bullying. You're constantly walking on egg shells here. You're constantly disrespected and spoken to like a child or second class citizens.

My advice to upper management is to clear out the offices (and the one cubicle) before more people file suit. Drug test your managers. Stop putting people in positions that they are not trained or educated for because it's obvious Business Ethics 101 was not taken

A Company to be proud to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and a CEO that cares about the employees. Lots of great benefits and perks! The office in Atlanta and all the product is awesome and something you can be proud of! The company is growing and there is always something new which keeps it fun and challenging at the same time. The people are awesome and very passionate about their jobs and the success of the company.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times which can interfere with work life balance. The move to Buckhead was difficult for many since it has increased the commute time to over an hour each way.

Continue to empower the employees beneath you and trust they can make good decisions. Consider options to help with the work/life balance; allow more work from home.

DO NOT PAST GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200!!! Horrible Environment!!!!!!

Former Employee - Inventory Coordinator/Routing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Inventory Coordinator/Routing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that you meet are awesome. The only thing that I can say I have taken away from my experience working at this company for over a year, are the friendships that I have maintained with noe past employees. The Slide is pretty cool. The part of town that the office is located (famous people frequent this area) That is ALL…

Cons

The managers are not equipped to manage people with a professional background. They all need to be in warehouses or loading docks managing under educated / Social rejects, people of their same caliber. I have been in corporate for many years, and this is the worst example of professional management I have ever seen. I am used to managers that will buckle down and help with issues and requests from customers. These people just stand around pointing the finger at you with such ugly faces and tones of voice. They treat you like a child and try to chastise you in front of the entire department because I believe, and it appears as if, it makes them feel smarter. Not one manager has shown initiative in making the department better nor have I witnessed any open-mindedness, or innovativeness in any form or fashion from management.

I have no advise for these animals. Most of them are probably on drugs, or need to be due to lack of social and people skills. Something is off with these people. POINT BLANK PERIOD

Cross-functional Management position

Current Employee - Cross Functional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cross Functional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has continued to growth and be very successful during my time with Kids II. I have the ability to work with all departments and be challenged, which makes everyday interesting.

Cons

Due to the growth, there are challenges with work loads and new projects but being able to work with management to help prioritize will continue to be very important.

Work closely with your managers to ensure they have the support and resources to be successful.

Growing like crazy!

Current Employee - Demand Planner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kids II has big plans for growth in every aspect – products, offices (domestic and international), infrastructure, systems – you name it, we’re doing it. The goal is to be the best in everything we do and nothing will stop us from getting there. The location in Buckhead is great and the office is beautiful. I love the perks like company events, award programs and the really cool slide!

Cons

Due to the growth and fast pace, it’s hard to find time to step back and evaluate processes. In some areas, we’ve been doing it the same way for a long time and as we grow, that’s simply not an option anymore. The great thing is that management is aware and has placed a focus on making these changes. They’ve even brought in people to help evaluate how we currently do it and help us move forward.

One of the reasons we’re so successful is the vision and drive of our executive team. With so much going on, sometimes it’s hard to prioritize all the initiatives, but I know it’s these initiatives that keep us ahead of the competition. So let’s keep pushing hard, but make sure we have the resources to withstand the growth.

Transparent fast-paced work environment!

Current Employee - Designer in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Designer in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to be at a company that is growing fast, but also is moving fast, Kids II is a place for you. I’ve never been at a company that every employee, including the CEO, is so dedicated to not just doing the job, but to always exceeding the highest expectations, breaking down barriers and striving to really be the best. If you don’t want to be pushed hard or strive for excellence, this is not the place for you. Everyone is hardworking, including the executive team, but everyone also tries to have fun. It’s almost as if everyone is quite serious about their jobs but at the same time they don’t have to take themselves seriously every day. Culture is important for the company and employees and you can feel it as you walk around the office.

Cons

You really have to love being in a fast-paced environment, that pushes you hard and not only strives to be better but to make you better.

Keep doing what you’re doing. You have a hard job because you’re driving the business but also working in the business. Continue supporting your teams and the entire company as you have been doing and continue working together as a united front running the company.

A True Assessment

Current Employee - Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kids II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic office decor and location
    Office amenities
    Young culture
    Music playing in the office all day

Cons

Contemporary desk space
    Ambiguous management
    No growth opportunities
    Limited parking space available

This is a great company to work for if you have just graduated from college. You will have an opportunity to make your own path. On the flip side there is not much room for growth but you will be able to count it as some experience.