Kids II

www.kidsii.com

Kids II Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Ryan T. Gunnigle

A Company to be proud to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people and a CEO that cares about the employees. Lots of great benefits and perks! The office in Atlanta and all the product is awesome and something you can be proud of! The company is growing and there is always something new which keeps it fun and challenging at the same time. The people are awesome and very passionate about their jobs and the success of the company.

ConsThe workload can be overwhelming at times which can interfere with work life balance. The move to Buckhead was difficult for many since it has increased the commute time to over an hour each way.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower the employees beneath you and trust they can make good decisions. Consider options to help with the work/life balance; allow more work from home.

Cross functional management and a dis functional environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe area of town. Some co workers. That is all. I'm only writing this because I have to. Other than that, there aren't any pros about this p.o.s company

ConsYou can place a big slide in the center of the place, lace it with glitter and butterflies and you'd still be in a hell hole. This company has mastered the art of deceit in order to get those "coolest places to work" awards. What glitters isn't always gold and I quickly learned that at the beginning of my very short time at Kids II. If you're a person that has an opinion, this isn't the place for you. This place is full of scandals all the way up to the owner himself.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing your job. You idiots will run the company into the ground anyway

DO NOT PAST GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200!!! Horrible Environment!!!!!!

Inventory Coordinator/Routing Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people that you meet are awesome. The only thing that I can say I have taken away from my experience working at this company for over a year, are the friendships that I have maintained with noe past employees. The Slide is pretty cool. The part of town that the office is located (famous people frequent this area) That is ALL…

ConsThe managers are not equipped to manage people with a professional background. They all need to be in warehouses or loading docks managing under educated / Social rejects, people of their same caliber. I have been in corporate for many years, and this is the worst example of professional management I have ever seen. I am used to managers that will buckle down and help with issues and requests from customers. These people just stand around pointing the finger at you with such ugly faces and tones of voice. They treat you like a child and try to chastise you in front of the entire department because I believe, and it appears as if, it makes them feel smarter. Not one manager has shown initiative in making the department better nor have I witnessed any open-mindedness, or innovativeness in any form or fashion from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advise for these animals. Most of them are probably on drugs, or need to be due to lack of social and people skills. Something is off with these people. POINT BLANK PERIOD

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cross-functional Management position

Cross Functional Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany has continued to growth and be very successful during my time with Kids II. I have the ability to work with all departments and be challenged, which makes everyday interesting.

ConsDue to the growth, there are challenges with work loads and new projects but being able to work with management to help prioritize will continue to be very important.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork closely with your managers to ensure they have the support and resources to be successful.

Growing like crazy!

Demand Planner (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsKids II has big plans for growth in every aspect – products, offices (domestic and international), infrastructure, systems – you name it, we’re doing it. The goal is to be the best in everything we do and nothing will stop us from getting there. The location in Buckhead is great and the office is beautiful. I love the perks like company events, award programs and the really cool slide!

ConsDue to the growth and fast pace, it’s hard to find time to step back and evaluate processes. In some areas, we’ve been doing it the same way for a long time and as we grow, that’s simply not an option anymore. The great thing is that management is aware and has placed a focus on making these changes. They’ve even brought in people to help evaluate how we currently do it and help us move forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the reasons we’re so successful is the vision and drive of our executive team. With so much going on, sometimes it’s hard to prioritize all the initiatives, but I know it’s these initiatives that keep us ahead of the competition. So let’s keep pushing hard, but make sure we have the resources to withstand the growth.

Transparent fast-paced work environment!

Designer (Current Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you want to be at a company that is growing fast, but also is moving fast, Kids II is a place for you. I’ve never been at a company that every employee, including the CEO, is so dedicated to not just doing the job, but to always exceeding the highest expectations, breaking down barriers and striving to really be the best. If you don’t want to be pushed hard or strive for excellence, this is not the place for you. Everyone is hardworking, including the executive team, but everyone also tries to have fun. It’s almost as if everyone is quite serious about their jobs but at the same time they don’t have to take themselves seriously every day. Culture is important for the company and employees and you can feel it as you walk around the office.

ConsYou really have to love being in a fast-paced environment, that pushes you hard and not only strives to be better but to make you better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you’re doing. You have a hard job because you’re driving the business but also working in the business. Continue supporting your teams and the entire company as you have been doing and continue working together as a united front running the company.

A True Assessment

Assistant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFantastic office decor and location
    Office amenities
    Young culture
    Music playing in the office all day

ConsContemporary desk space
    Ambiguous management
    No growth opportunities
    Limited parking space available

This is a great company to work for if you have just graduated from college. You will have an opportunity to make your own path. On the flip side there is not much room for growth but you will be able to count it as some experience.

Fun, collaborative and fast!

Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsKids II is a global company that gives you the opportunity to learn a lot very quickly while working with some of the most talented people in the industry. This is a place where you’re given the tools to succeed and are expected to take ownership of your role by providing efficient solutions and driving innovation. You’re never in it alone, because everyone is open and eager to help you get the job done. Plus, the open work-environment lends itself to a truly collaborative team effort on every project. From top down the entire team is focused on reaching milestones and setting the bar even higher. Even though it’s a fast-paced work environment the CEO recognizes that everyone needs to refuel throughout the busy seasons with fun company-wide events. Employees work hard, have fun and give back to moms and children across the nation and in their local community.

ConsYou have to love being a team player – it’s never a one man show. You have to be hungry to learn more and push not only yourself but your team on daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the transparency and trust you offer your employees. The support to all of the teams and individuals to continue their development is appreciated. Keep the unique culture alive and continue to push everyone as one globally unified team.

Consumer Service Representative

Operations (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBeautiful office space, located in the heart of buckhead. A great amount of wonderful employees to work with. A fast-pace environment with constant change.Great office perks such as outside cooperate events,slide,game room and wonderful community service opportunities,

ConsThe favoritism shown within departments. The constant fear of not knowing if one minor mistake can cost you your job. The office politics you're subjected too on a daily basis.The obvious racial tension. Having to take direction from employees who have only their best interest at heart. The excessive micro management and distrust for employees doing the job their hired for.The "blame game" you're subjected to, because everyone is fearful if you're at fault for ANY mistake, that one mistake could cost you your job. No room for growth within the company unless you've rub elbows with the right upper management.The massive amount of stress you have to deal with on a day to day basis while working for a "children's toy" company!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak with your employees directly, a "team lead" shouldn't be making executive decisions. Trust the employees you hire, their a representation of you. Those who aren't performing their job duties accurately, should be address directly. The department as a whole shouldn't have to be reprimanded for others mistakes. Anything discussed between an employee & their manager shouldn't be used against them in a group discussion during weekly meetings.

Great company...but stressfull....watch your back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture and added benefits. Great office. AMAZING people. I think Kids II for the most part really cares about their people.

ConsEXTREMELY stressful. If you can't handle the fast-paced lifestyle...beware. Pay is not what it should be for that amount of stress, even with the extra perks. Lower management is horrible too. They don't actually listen to their employees and some are in positions they are not qualified to be in simply because they've been there years. Depending on the department, there is also no room for growth partly because people stay so long (this is a good thing). I find that most people after 7 years start to get shafted.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. They have good ideas. You want new ones....so listen. Give the flexibility to ALL employees.

Worked for Kids II? Contribute to the Community!