Kids II Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Ryan T. Gunnigle

Pros
  • Along with a fantastic work environment, Kids II provides an abundance of (in 6 reviews)

• Our Executive team works tirelessly not only on overall direction but also in driving change to positively impact every Kids II employee (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't handle the fast-paced lifestyle (in 9 reviews)

• The workload can be overwhelming at times which can interfere with work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Kids II is right for you! (If you are job hunting)

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Kids II full-time

Pros

- Fun work environment that allows you to be yourself and unleash your inner kid - Great company-wide activities - Occasional free food - Fun activities around the office like nerf gun wars and snowball fights - Various ways to give back to the community through volunteer events - Great executive staff that cares about their employees - Room for growth - Fast-paced and always changing, which is a pro in my opinion, not a con.

Cons

There are some employees here at Kids II that just do not fit the fun-loving culture of the company and have negative outlooks on things, which can be kind of a downer. But what company doesn't have those select few?

Advice to Management

Give your employees the chance to push themselves to their full potential and allow them to prove themselves. Yes there is room for growth, but let them grow with more opportunities.

Culture Questionable

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Can be at times high-schoolish

Sales and Retail Focused Company - Lacking long term growth

Former Employee - Marketing in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in North Atlanta, GA

Pros

Beautiful offices, hard-working employees, on-the-job training, fun products, creative people and environment, lots of philanthropic opportunities.

Cons

Management seems confused about determining and sticking with any long term goals. Constant change of direction - reactionary, opportunistic and lacking any real strategy. Only concerned with meeting immediate sales goals vs. investing in cementing position as a market leader by investing brand development and marketing like competitors. Those budgets are often very small and restrictive, seem scared to invest in anything concrete. There is a lack of any real career development path for staff -- Lots of turn over here. Very inflexible regarding working remotely - getting into Buckhead is awful traffic.

Advice to Management

Invest as much as you do in account management and product management in brand and marketing an you may actually grow your business long term. Growth through expanding distribution channels can only go so far. Long term, if you don't truly invest in marketing and brand, your growth will stagnate. Also, consider allowing more flexibility in commuting/work from home. It's a perk that won't cost a lot and could save hours sitting in horrible Buckhead traffic.

Uncertainty

Pros

The environment is fun, people are great, the cutest products...but they just need some restructuring which maybe they did recently. I would take the job again because it was great experience with a major brand iand seeing how products are brought from concept to retailer

Cons

There was so much confusion and disorganization here when I resigned, soon after I left entire departments were eliminated along with every Contractor on site...and I had been for nearly 6 months.

Advice to Management

If there are ways to communicate company direction (good or bad) without alarming the worker, then do it.

No opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Product Development
    Former Employee - Product Development

Pros

Really nice office environment and free food sometimes but that's all I can think of.

Cons

It was my first job out of college. I didn't see any opportunity to for me to grow in the company because it is way too corporate. Things never get done. Waiting game through most of the time that I worked and so I did not learn much. My coworkers and directors were nice; however, they gossiped a lot behind each other's back.

Definitely not for everyone. NOT Entrepreneurial.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kids II has a beautiful office space and work environment in Buckhead. The commute to work can be brutal if you live more than a few miles away or don't have access to public transportation. But, once you arrive at work, you have a beautiful space to work in. There are also a TON of great mid and lower level people that work at Kids II. SO much talent! Kids II also does a lot of great charity work. They have a foundation to support a number of causes, often chosen and supported by employees. They also do a lot to support moms with breast cancer.

Cons

There is a leadership vacuum at the executive level. The executive team is full of managers; not leaders. They tend to be very reactionary and emotional. The CEO isn't a bad person. But he is a bad leader. Unfortunately, his executive team isn't much better. They are FAR too involved in decisions that can and should be made at lower levels. Kids II claims to foster an entrepreneurial spirit, but there is far too much micromanaging for this to be true. Kids II is also behind the times when it comes to the modern work environment. The commute for so many is brutal. The office is located in one of the most congested parts of the city.

Advice to Management

Supplement the current executive team with some EXPERIENCED executives who understand leadership. Train and equip your mid and lower level leaders and EMPOWER them to make decisions.

Can I give a zero?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few niceties such as birthday bagels, beautiful office decor, and every now and then, a nice party.

Cons

Back-stabbing, competing personalities, lying management team, president who will lie directly to your face, breaking into your personal email accounts, oh where does the list end?

Advice to Management

There is so much that needs to be addressed that I don't even know where to begin.

Glad im away from this place! It

Former Employee - Account Services in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Account Services in Buckhead, GA

Pros

Great location. Nice break rooms. Great view.

Cons

I was here for over 2 years and I hated it here. Managers are under educated and under qualified. There is no such thing as work life balance. Everyday I had to worry about my job security. I'm just continued to look for another job so I could get far far away from this place and never look back. Its a wonder how this place is still in business. It's so much favoritism in this place that it's sad. If you want to be a favorite on the Mexico side all you have to do is go out with management after work and get drunk, pop pills,do a few lines and smoke a little pot. As long as you keep that up, you're going to be ok. But as soon as you stop the excessive knit picking begins. It's obvious management had no friends outside of work. There are no career opportunities. It's people there that had been doing the same job for years with no advancement. The same people get awarded and recognized for work and ideas of other people. I could write a book about that hell hole but i care not to waste any more of my time on this place. I just wanted to warn others.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism and stop being bullies or keep racking up the lawsuits.

Great company but could be a bit more open

Pros

Great people to work with. Cool location in Buckhead. Involved in great charities. The Kids II community is very caring.

Cons

The "family style dining" type work stations get very loud and distracting. Keeping the "look" of the office is not very conducive to creativity.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are going - the future looks great. Listen to your people it's a great place to be. Open up a little bit and loosen your shirt collar.

A Horror Show

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any right now... Looked good on the outside...

Cons

Too many Chiefs... The hardest working people were never recognized for their work. The morale in some areas is so bad, I don't know why these people even show up anymore.

Advice to Management

Stick with what got you here... all change is not good or necessary. Once you moved from Alpharetta to Buck Head, it's been all downhill.

RSS Feed </> Embed