Kids R Kids

Kids R Kids Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quality but not all treated the same

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCenter was high quality. Free food at lunch. In service training was good training.

ConsIf anyone ever says to you that the managers have their favorites, believe them. Not all workers are treated the same where I work.

Low pay, no respect & high turnover rate.

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsThe pros: You only have to work Monday-Friday and have your weekends free. You are able to work with children and create fun crafts and the curriculum is already designed for you (although sometimes it can be lacking in fun activities and substance).

ConsManagement (depending on location) can be very shady and only in it for the money and will deceive both teachers and parents in order to shove in another student into an already overloaded classroom. The pay is incredibly low for the job, which is practically raising other peoples children. VERY underpaid career and poor benefits. Little or not assistance and support is provided to teachers, especially when the classrooms are stuffed with as many children as possible just so the owner and/or investors may profit. There is also not even nearly enough planning time for teachers to be able to sit down and prepare activities from the curriculum as we are constantly having to worry about ratio and watching the children as extra help is very rarely ever provided. Most KRK locations with do anything it takes to keep parents happy (moderately understandable) even if it means terminating an employee for no real valid reason other than the parent didn't like their childs teacher. This job is very high stress due to overloaded classroom, out of control parents, shady management, and little help. Teachers are given VERY little respect. Training could also be improved. There needs to be more training requirements during new hire than just watching some outdated videos and filling in paperwork. Drug testing should also be required for hires, not just background checks and fingerprinting. The turnover rate is very high due to the stress, poor pay and no support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your teachers well for practically raising other peoples children, offer assistance in the classroom and make sure the teachers have available support, offer better training other than some videos and fill in the blank worksheets, more planning time for teachers towards curriculum planning, treat employees well so they don't continue to leave and make it hard on the other employees.

Kids r kids need to do better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you love kids you can play with them all day. Off weekends.

ConsLow pay. No benefits. Unorganized. Crazy work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sit around and talk all day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Courteous,but train and encourage those who are younger.

Teacher (Former Employee) Cinco Ranch, TX

ProsYou learn how to interact and share knowledge with children and people of different parts of the world.

ConsThey care so much about their scores that they mostly forget the interest of the students,teachers and parents.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take time to listen to each child,parent and teacher's concerns and treat all teachers,students,parents equally and with respect.

Dream Job!!!!

Teacher (Former Employee) West Chester, OH

ProsKids 'R' Kids gave me training and a fresh start to a new career. The people are fantastic! I loved working with the children and getting to know the families. The Director was incredibly supportive and gave me lots of encouragement. I was treated like a professional and not a babysitter. I would still be working there if I had not relocated.

ConsCan't think of anything negative to say other than I miss Kids R Kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

I love where I work, it feels more like a second home

Am Float (Current Employee) Concord, NC

Prosflexible, friendly management, employees are valued and treated with respect, competitive wages. friendly teachers, always happy and smiling. beautiful building.

ConsSome teachers hired are not "quality" and have been let go. Some are still working, and need to be either let go or fired. ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementVALUE the good employees, the teachers who go above and beyond for the school and the class. See the good that they put into making Kids R Kids a terrific place. Don't let good teachers slip away..a school is only as good as the staff.

Hug first, then teach

Assistant Director (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsLots of support and training opportunities, Children learning through play, Hug first, then teach motto, experienced teachers make teamwork happen effortlessly. Properly maintained media and technology equipment for teachers and children.

ConsThere is a high focus on the appearance of the center, less on employee satisfaction. Franchise is too involved in day to day operations with restrictive policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees make happy children, Happy children make happy parents, Happy families equals high enrollment.

Daycare worler

Daycare Worker (Former Employee) Buford, GA

ProsWorking with children and taking care of them

ConsDealing with the parents and listening to them

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Awful, awful, awful

Teacher (Former Employee) Keller, TX

ProsThe kids. I felt so sorry for them while I worked there.

ConsUnfortunately, there really is nothing good to say about this employer. Put it this way--I would never put my kids with Kids R Kids. Ever. Management is beyond terrible. Staff, or "teachers" (what a joke that term is) are tired and for the most part awful. There are not enough teachers per child, so the rooms are full of chaos and teachers can't even leave to go to the bathroom for hours sometimes. Some so-called teachers regularly use foul language in front of the kids if they think the kids are too young to notice, and management does nothing about it. Management will try to squeeze kids into the classroom when they are already at the limit. If a parent is unhappy, management will try to find a way to blame it on the teacher and will try to talk the parent into thinking it was the teacher's fault. Employees are not treated with much respect from management and are disrespectful to other employees as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to treat teachers with respect and not as though the teachers are the enemies of the institution. You have to sometimes refuse the potential profit from potential parents in order to maintain a structured, well-run environment.

I love my classroom and kids!

Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) Mableton, GA

ProsGreat curriculun for the kids. Easy lesson plans to run a fool proof class room even if you have no idea how to write lesson plans. Effective curriculum. Great perks depending on management. Benefits such as dental and medical offered. Management will listen to ideas you have to improve school.

ConsNot the type of company to stay with if your looking for upward mobility or good raises. My center has great perks throughout the year, but raises are not that great of a change maybe 25 to 50 cents. Not alot if your starting at $8 or $9. Definitely negotiate pay if offered position. Benefits package is expensive compared to actual salary gross.

Worked for Kids R Kids? Contribute to the Community!