KidsPeace Reviews

Reset
3.1
William R. Isemann

1. very ok

Pros

multi-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Cons

salary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Advice to Management

Communiction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?

2. Treatment Team Supervisor

Pros

Great team work. Rewarding and energizing work that improved the odds of at risk children by offering treatment.

Cons

Highly stressful environment that is mentally taxing.

3. KidsPeace Georgia Cares

Current Employee - Child Care Counselor in Bowdon, GA
    Current Employee - Child Care Counselor in Bowdon, GA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support of local leadship, hiring from within, encourages employees to report concerns/problems internally or externally, focuses on safety, always looking to improve their services, associates support one another

Cons

Over regulated by the State, Wages low due to state reimburements, no retirement plan, some youth need high level of care

Advice to Management

Need a raise, need retirement plan that company contributes, need more activities on campus,

5. BSC

Pros

Great training opportunities, Great supervision

Cons

Must have flexibility in schedule to see clients

6. Good company, sometimes!

Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Low pay for entree level positions

Advice to Management

Raise the entry level job salaries

7. Extemely busy with opportunities to broaden my skill set from every angle.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Flexible schedule Countless training opportunities Great employee benefits Networking networking networking Working with a great team!! Did I mention the learning opportunities? They really are endless.

Cons

Sometimes we get in our own way. We are so focused on doing the right thing for our clients that we could be better served when we step back and just breathe.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for their actions or lack thereof.

8. Great place to help kids and families

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

KidsPeace is a large multi-faceted organization where you can gain great experience in every level of mental healthcare for kids, families and adults. Opportunities for advancement exist for direct care and administrative areas. The benefits package remains strong and the client population is diverse and challenging.

Cons

Direct care positions are stressful but balanced when you see a child or student or family make progress.

9. An organization with an established track record of helping children in crisis

Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time

Pros

KidsPeace has more than 130 years of history backing up its services. The name says it all -- we strive to bring peace to kids and their families by offering top-notch behavioral and mental health care. If you want to work in a field where you truly feel you are making a positive difference in the lives of children in need, this is the place for you. It won't always be easy, but it will be rewarding. Many associates have worked their way up the ranks through the years from direct care to the administrative side of the business.

Cons

Nonprofits are not known for their rich compensation packages, although KidsPeace is actually at a higher tier than some smaller nonprofit organizations. The organization is large, with a continuum of services spanning 10 states, so there is sometimes a disconnect between people in different locations because of the fast-paced nature of the day-to-day jobs.

Advice to Management

Find little ways to thank employees, even if funds are not available for large monetary rewards.

10. life-changing job

Pros

making a positive change in the kids' lives, the coworkers, you feel appreciated

Cons

working weekends and holidays, low pay

11. Love the job...

Pros

If you like working with children and really want the opportunity to make a difference in their lives, this is definately the job. I love my department and co-workers, not sure what headquarters and senior management are doing....nothing rewarding for the employees though.

Cons

Not compensated for the difficulty of the work we do, those that do an exceptional job are not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Employees would be more satisfied and eager to stay here if you took care of the people that make this company viable.

RSS Feed </> Embed