KidsPeace Reviews

1 Rating

Military Leaders do NOT work here - Management Uncooperative

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician II in Schnecksville, PA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Technician II in Schnecksville, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time

Pros

You get a solid work experience when you interact and work with the clients. There is a ton of verbal escalation practice with all the clients that get close to assaulting each other or assaulting the staff. The benefits would be great as well.....if you didn't get shafted in your first six months. The training itself is also a valuable tool, that brings you back to college or high school where you must have X amount of credits/courses in order to continue.

Cons

If you are in any way whatsoever Military Leadership, do not work here. Management will force you to decide to pick your job or those soldiers that are under you. If you do pick your soldiers when problems arise, management here will harp on you and you will get in trouble. The management is so far gone from being any bit united that the workers in the residential houses do not feel the effects of "red flag" meetings called on by the executives. The management also fails in assuring your personal physical safety from physically aggressive clients. I could go on from being in a leadership position myself, but needless to say, maybe the only assured thing about this job is that there will be a verbal or physical fight every time you go in for your shift.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page, if you say you're going to say something, then follow up on that promise and commit to your employees. If the person you're interviewing with harps on having to be compliant with military obligations related to the officer/NCO rank, then you actually listen and not force them to decide whether to choose the soldier or the company. The soldier will always come first before the company and forcing employees to make that decision is a bit rediculous when you assure them that you will be compliant. Elliott B.

2. Poorly managed, No communication

Former Employee - Nurse in Schnecksville, PA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Schnecksville, PA

I worked at KidsPeace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OT always available, Staff and other employees are very enjoyable, caring people

Cons

Poor pay, No raises, company takes advantage of you as much as they can

Advice to Management

Employee appreciation and loyalty would be nice

3. I love the job, hate the company

Current Employee - Senior Mental Health Technician in Schnecksville, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Mental Health Technician in Schnecksville, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping the kids in need and the job is very rewarding. It feels great to know that I may make a huge impact on these kids lives.

Cons

compensation, dangerously understaffed, stressful environment, house managers suck

RSS Feed </> Embed