Kiehl's

www.kiehls.com

Kiehl's Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Kiehl's – Corte Madera – “Entrance to a Kiehl's in Corte Madera”

Kiehl's – Corte Madera – “Entrance to a Kiehl's in Corte Madera”

Chris Salgardo

Love the Brand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAwesome Gratis! You get a full gratis 2 times a year ( yes you get to pick what YOU like) and any launch you get all the products free (yes all of them)
    Great benefits overall, fun working atmosphere. No shark selling taught here. Just a friendly neighbor approach just the the Kiehl's of 1851. Customers come in over and over again. No weird gifts with purchase or wild incentives the BRAND sells itself!

ConsA better structure of growing in training. Though there is a lot of traning ongoing. This is career wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever had any problems with upper management. they are real people. they know how to sell and are very open

Great company 7 years ago

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsL'Oreal benefits are great, great co-workers.

Consunrealistic goals , new bonus system is almost un-attainable, management is always either being terminated or leaving. Almost no chance for advancement within....it really depends on who you work for at the time

Advice to Senior Managementdon't loose sight of the "core values":

Great potential, unfortunate environment

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent experience in all channels. Adequate company perks and benefits. Extremely dedicated field and in-store staff. A handful of senior members who are genuinely invested in the growth and development of the brand.

ConsUnfortunate lack of communication & support from home office group. Departments do not work well together which unfortunately filters down to the field. Very limited opportunities for upward mobility or cross brand promotions. Mediocre pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees needs and concerns and proactively attempt to address. Invest in your people, you will be amazed at the outcome.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, District could use some improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are great and the people you work with are generally friendly. Kiehl's also prides itself on educating it's employees quarterly, which is great.

Consdepending on your district, you may deal wit some cattiness, or some dramatic re-hires, and fires, etc

Amazing People and pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsI enjoyed my awesome co-workers. I enjoyed working with the very interesting and high end customer base. Great pay for in store work

ConsI wish we had more in store materials in Korean and Japanese and Chinese. Many buyers where not American nationals and it was hard to help them

I had a great experience working with Kiehl's as a video producer and editor.

Video Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey have strong company brand and great mission.

ConsI didn't have any cons

Key holder

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love the products! The salary and bonuses are great! It's a good company to work for if the management is professional.

ConsManagement is unprofessional and doesn't know how to lead by example, and sets high expectation for her employees. One of the managers barely shows up to work ,cheats on her hrs and gets away with it. The Regionals and HR pretend as the they care but really they don't. They sweep everything under the rug.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and be fair to your employees!

Great experience and people

Unethical to the core.

Skin Care Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHealthy insurance
    Vacation
    Quality of the product although losing that quickly

ConsUnfriendly work environment for mothers and excepts bullying in the work place. If employees reach out to HR or upper management it gets overlooked or ignored. If you pursue assistance you will be fired and they will do it in the most unethical way.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to your staff and be supportive.

great comapny

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prossocial responsibilities and company values

Constoo many higher ups and not enough communication

Advice to Senior Managementmanage from within

Worked for Kiehl's? Contribute to the Community!