Kimberly-Clark Health Reviews

Kimberly-Clark Health President Joanne B. Bauer
Joanne B. Bauer

1. Associate Director

I worked at Kimberly-Clark Health

Pros

Nice place to work while this company was part of Kimberly Clark Corp., since they did spinoff from KC and became a new and independent company I am not fully familiar with the new company.

Cons

it is an smaller company now and I am not familiar with their approach to business.

2. Kimberly-Clark Healthcare (spinning off as Halyard Health)

Former Employee - Business in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Parent company Kimberly-Clark is a well-managed, conservative company with great talent and a strong focus on talent management and development. This is confirmed by fact that employees tend to stay, with many spending entire careers there. The products they make are consumer staples requiring minimal true innovation to stay competitive - it's all about branding and manufacturing costs and the business is stable and profitable. KC's compensation programs have migrated to be competitive with peers - more focus on performance-linked incentives including bonuses, equity plans, etc

Cons

Healthcare division was a poor fit for KC's conservative business / investor profile and is being spun out as Halyard Health. This new company will likely carry the culture of the parent company - conservative with a strong focus on talent development and management

Advice to Management

Continue evolving to mirror health care industry peers (vs. parent consumer staples peers) with regards to comenastion programs

3. Great people but spotty executive management

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a sales rep in the field, I had autonomy and separation from the corporate politics. Most of my colleagues were stellar, honest people truly committed to supporting their customers and selling value. Pay was good for my state.

Cons

The marketplace was challenging with tough competition from less expensive brands. Main products were commoditized so less able to differentiate from the competition as the years went on with little innovation. Executive management never seemed to understand what customers really needed. Comp plan was capped and not usually set up to benefit the reps.

Advice to Management

Now that the company is spinning off with new management, there is a great chance for a new beginning. Products need to be quicker to market and priced inline with the market.

Kimberly-Clark Health provides a wide range of opportunities for their employees.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Allows for travel to our various global manufacturing and supply chain destinations.

Cons

Lack of decision making at the top.

Advice to Management

Help make decisions at the top to help the entire organization align and head the same direction.

6. Non- skilled

Former Employee - Assembly in Belmont, MI
    Former Employee - Assembly in Belmont, MI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We got a lot of paper products

Cons

Stupid "safety rules." Steel toed shoes required for everybody-we handle plastic parts that don't even weigh #1. Jackets must be zipped-sitting at a table, assembling plastic parts-no moving equipment. Gloved hand required to use scissors. Sewing is "general assembly" not semi-skilled, because women do it, not men?

Advice to Management

Put yourself in the employee's place. Make realistic safety rules. Recognize skills at a higher level. Don't encourage employee against employee snitching for toilet paper-K C bucks.

7. My experience with Kimberly Clark was much different than other device companies I had worked for.

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark Health

Pros

Great people to work with. Product training is very in-depth and helpful. There are plenty of resources available to make a person successful.

Cons

The sales cycles are very long. It is a long process to get the product into the hospital once they would like to purchase. There are lots of channels to go through within the hospital in order to make a change to an existing product. Sales numbers are a few months behind so it is tough to forecast for months ahead.

Risk-averse and slow.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job stability. Access to wide range of internal expertise.

Cons

Company is non-innovative and will not take even calculated risks. Strategic direction is questionable at best. Compensation is not competitive with other healthcare companies. Culture of brainwashing.

Advice to Management

Take some risks on new products. Toilet paper cash cow is great, but investors will catch on. Innovation is key to real growth.

Best Work Experience of My Life

Current Employee - Senior Professional in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Professional in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Deep experience set across all functional areas and people who are happy to teach.
    Open, communicative culture. High level of cross functional collaboration compared to my past experiences
    So many opportunities to: learn and grow professionally, get involved in the community.
    Great programs for integrating new hires, incredible benefits and amenities.
    Positive, healthy work environment where family always comes first.
    High performance culture.

Cons

My only significant concern relates to systems. While we have access to great Tier 1 planning tools, we don't seem to be able to leverage them as well as would be ideal. We very much need some better planning tools to manage planning more effectively.

Advice to Management

Two things: Keep up the great work!
    Get a functioning enterprise planning system in place as soon as possible

Resistance to change is hindering our success.

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark Health

Pros

Health Dental Benefits and Flexible Schedule

Cons

Work at home option is not approved for Healthcare

11. Unrealistic workloads

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark Health

Pros

Very competitive pay scale if you have the right skills and experience. The majority of the non-management people that you will work with are great. Everyone mostly gets along with everyone else.

Cons

Most functions are severely understaffed for the amount of work that is expected of them and the workload increases on a daily basis. Lip service is paid to prioritizing activities but nothing is ever taken off your plate.

Kimberly-Clark utilizes a forced ranking system.

Very limited advancement potential.

RSS Feed </> Embed