Kimberly-Clark Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kimberly-Clark Health President Joanne B. Bauer

Joanne B. Bauer

Kimberly-Clark Health provides a wide range of opportunities for their employees.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAllows for travel to our various global manufacturing and supply chain destinations.

ConsLack of decision making at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp make decisions at the top to help the entire organization align and head the same direction.

Non- skilled

Assembly (Former Employee)
    Belmont, MI

ProsWe got a lot of paper products

ConsStupid "safety rules." Steel toed shoes required for everybody-we handle plastic parts that don't even weigh #1. Jackets must be zipped-sitting at a table, assembling plastic parts-no moving equipment. Gloved hand required to use scissors. Sewing is "general assembly" not semi-skilled, because women do it, not men?

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in the employee's place. Make realistic safety rules. Recognize skills at a higher level. Don't encourage employee against employee snitching for toilet paper-K C bucks.

My experience with Kimberly Clark was much different than other device companies I had worked for.

ProsGreat people to work with. Product training is very in-depth and helpful. There are plenty of resources available to make a person successful.

ConsThe sales cycles are very long. It is a long process to get the product into the hospital once they would like to purchase. There are lots of channels to go through within the hospital in order to make a change to an existing product. Sales numbers are a few months behind so it is tough to forecast for months ahead.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Risk-averse and slow.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsJob stability. Access to wide range of internal expertise.

ConsCompany is non-innovative and will not take even calculated risks. Strategic direction is questionable at best. Compensation is not competitive with other healthcare companies. Culture of brainwashing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some risks on new products. Toilet paper cash cow is great, but investors will catch on. Innovation is key to real growth.

Best Work Experience of My Life

Senior Professional (Current Employee)
    Roswell, GA

ProsDeep experience set across all functional areas and people who are happy to teach.
    Open, communicative culture. High level of cross functional collaboration compared to my past experiences
    So many opportunities to: learn and grow professionally, get involved in the community.
    Great programs for integrating new hires, incredible benefits and amenities.
    Positive, healthy work environment where family always comes first.
    High performance culture.

ConsMy only significant concern relates to systems. While we have access to great Tier 1 planning tools, we don't seem to be able to leverage them as well as would be ideal. We very much need some better planning tools to manage planning more effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo things: Keep up the great work!
    Get a functioning enterprise planning system in place as soon as possible

A privilege turned disaster

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

ProsFlexible work arrangements involving working from home. A no brainer position where all work involves repetition. Good position if you have a goal of getting in and getting out. Teaches you to establish a tolerance for ignorance from others but more especially management decisions. Boot camp for corporate.

ConsTeam leadership generally is not qualified for the position. Proven illustration of racism provided by the most recent team leader. When issues are brought to upper management no resolution is made. Lack of respect to members of the team. No benefits, kudos, or thank you's given from management. There is no growth opportunities for customer service... If that is where you start that is where you tend to finish. The most recent team leader removed several african-american team members while others resigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompletely revamp management and learn to utilize resources that produce results. Since CSR's deal with customers ask them what could be used to improve efficiencies. Acknowledge the issues regarding harassment, racism, and micromanagement. Realize that team leaders are not always right.

Resistance to change is hindering our success.

ProsHealth Dental Benefits and Flexible Schedule

ConsWork at home option is not approved for Healthcare

Unrealistic workloads

Roswell, GA

ProsVery competitive pay scale if you have the right skills and experience. The majority of the non-management people that you will work with are great. Everyone mostly gets along with everyone else.

ConsMost functions are severely understaffed for the amount of work that is expected of them and the workload increases on a daily basis. Lip service is paid to prioritizing activities but nothing is ever taken off your plate.

Kimberly-Clark utilizes a forced ranking system.

Very limited advancement potential.

Blue chip company suffering more than benefit from globalization

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Roswell, GA

ProsGreat urban environment, good location. people are nice

Consmany levels, slow decision making,

Advice to Senior ManagementTake away some layers, empower people, promote the right people

Kimberly Clark Healthcare is at the Tipping Point of great success

Roswell, GA

ProsOpportunities to take risks to deliver huge cost savings to bottom line.

ConsHuge company... sometimes you get lost in the crowd

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on project prioritization and resource allocation. Connect individual personal goals to business objectives.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimberly-Clark Health CEO Joanne B. Bauer. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark Health employees.