Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance(in 50 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy(in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility(in 12 reviews)

An employer dedicated to building talent

ProsKimberly-Clark has provided more than I could have asked for in terms of building my personal talent and giving me the opportunity to build the talent of those I work with. As an employer, Kimberly-Clark takes care of those employers who are willing to work hard. There is a definite sense of family in this company and its easy to see why one can have a lifetime of work and opportunities at Kimberly-Clark.

ConsThe workplace is what you make of it: if you don't look for opportunities to grow, you won't find them. Some may see Kimberly-Clark as having an "old school" mentality because the company has been around for so long. The decor is dated in some offices and employees may feel uninspired by this. BUT...there is a big initiative around this issue and most people have the option of working remotely anyway!

Advice to Senior ManagementAn individual development plan is not just another form to fill out. Encourage your team members to develop strong goals around education, exposure and experience. After doing so, help them feel empowered to reach those goals. You're only as strong as the team you lead, so build your capabilities.

Career growth opportunity

ProsDynamic and innovative culture and working with top notch people.

ConsMay need to travel and/or relocate to get ahead. One large campus not in a large enough city.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is appreciated but the further up you go the harder it is to achieve.

Kimberly-Clark has great brands, passionate people and prides itself on work-life balance.

Senior Category Development Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsK-C has great brands and is respected in the CPG industry. They pay really well and we have access to a number of different tools to help us do our jobs. K-C really prides itself on work-life balance allowing employees to have flexible schedules or work locations.

ConsAs with any company, if you don't want to relocate there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Although they pay well up front, annual merit increases tend to be very minimal. Sometimes the amount of information and tools available can actually be overwhelming and difficult to sort through to find what you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensating us as ONE National team as opposed to individual teams would break down the collaboration barriers that we currently face. Individual customer teams are reluctant to share with others as they feel like they are in competition with them. My previous employer changed their compensation structure in this manner and after the first year of some discomfort everyone really began to come together as ONE team under the premise of ONE team, ONE number! We need to stop competing with ourselves and come together to compete with other companies!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsKC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

ConsThe location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

A place where I can be myself.

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsKimberly-Clark is working to maintain a diverse workforce and ensure that people of all backgrounds and lifestyles are comfortable at work. I've always felt that the uniqueness that I bring to the table is accepted and valued.

ConsAs with many large manufacturing companies, growing your career can sometimes require relocations outside of your comfort zone.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in employees who are currently in entry level roles. These sponsorships are what keep them invested in K-C and help inspire them to give more within their everyday roles.

Great place to work with many opportunities for growth!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsAllow opportunities for cross-functional promotions in order to become a well rounded business leader

ConsSeniors leaders have been coming and going too often.

A great place to advance your skills and move around the country.

ProsStrong market share with iconic products gives you a feeling of success. You are well-respected in the industry.

ConsDifficult to react quickly to customer needs due to amount of red-tape at corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold managers accountable for the success of their team. Calibration is demoralizing and unfair due to the forced ratings.

good company to work

Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

Prosdiversity, many internal opportunities, great people

Conslocation, bureaucratic, slow, averse to risk

A great company made up of great people

Pros- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.

The culture is what keeps you here!

Category Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCompany culture is fantastic. Coworkers actually like each other, Summers are celebrated with half-day Fridays, time off is REALLY encouraged (no, really!), dress is casual every day unless there is a meeting, excellent wellness program, and pay is competitive.

ConsTuition reimbursement leaves a lot to be desired for those wishing to pursue a higher degree. Training/onboarding could be stronger as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!