Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014

3.8

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 52 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company - Not a great location for young adults

Current Employee - Customer Inventory Analyst  in  Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Inventory Analyst in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is awesome. They treat their employees very well and pay is competitive, especially considering cost of living in the area. The people are mostly down to earth and the company encourages you to try new roles every 18 months, which keeps employees engaged and motivated.

Cons

Neenah, where most of the employees live or end up, is not a thriving area for young adults. This makes it difficult for the company to retain top talent.

Intern

Former Employee - Customer Development
    Former Employee - Customer Development

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, field sales offices are smaller but great young people. great workplace to build professional skills and really understand the business

Cons

lack of information about program before hand,

Truly want you to learn and grow from the experience

Great place to get experience.

Current Employee - LAN Administrator  in  Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to work to gain experience. But, its something that you can't move forward and ahead if you are a contractor. There is a lot of people that are willing to help you. There is a great attitude at the company. Management is flexible and open to most ideas.

Cons

Unless your in the union, your thoughts done really matter.There is little room to grow and advance if you are a contractor. A contractor has limited privileges. Many people are willing or ready to retire so there is going to be a lot of turnover for the next couple of years.

Understand how important IT is to the company. Realize that a full-time IT person is vital to any company especially on site support.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Good company benefits are offered

Cons

Large company sometimes hard to be in loop

Encouraged to promote flexibility.

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

Pros

KC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

Cons

As with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

does an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

Great Experience

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

great experience pleasant work environment

Cons

none that i have seen

Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

Cons

It is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

N/A

An employer dedicated to building talent

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kimberly-Clark has provided more than I could have asked for in terms of building my personal talent and giving me the opportunity to build the talent of those I work with. As an employer, Kimberly-Clark takes care of those employers who are willing to work hard. There is a definite sense of family in this company and its easy to see why one can have a lifetime of work and opportunities at Kimberly-Clark.

Cons

The workplace is what you make of it: if you don't look for opportunities to grow, you won't find them. Some may see Kimberly-Clark as having an "old school" mentality because the company has been around for so long. The decor is dated in some offices and employees may feel uninspired by this. BUT...there is a big initiative around this issue and most people have the option of working remotely anyway!

An individual development plan is not just another form to fill out. Encourage your team members to develop strong goals around education, exposure and experience. After doing so, help them feel empowered to reach those goals. You're only as strong as the team you lead, so build your capabilities.

Career growth opportunity

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynamic and innovative culture and working with top notch people.

Cons

May need to travel and/or relocate to get ahead. One large campus not in a large enough city.

Work-life balance is appreciated but the further up you go the harder it is to achieve.

Kimberly-Clark has great brands, passionate people and prides itself on work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for less than a year

Pros

K-C has great brands and is respected in the CPG industry. They pay really well and we have access to a number of different tools to help us do our jobs. K-C really prides itself on work-life balance allowing employees to have flexible schedules or work locations.

Cons

As with any company, if you don't want to relocate there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Although they pay well up front, annual merit increases tend to be very minimal. Sometimes the amount of information and tools available can actually be overwhelming and difficult to sort through to find what you need.

Compensating us as ONE National team as opposed to individual teams would break down the collaboration barriers that we currently face. Individual customer teams are reluctant to share with others as they feel like they are in competition with them. My previous employer changed their compensation structure in this manner and after the first year of some discomfort everyone really began to come together as ONE team under the premise of ONE team, ONE number! We need to stop competing with ourselves and come together to compete with other companies!

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!