Kimberly-Clark

Updated February 23, 2015
3.6

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 62 reviews)

• Great people - good culture - people treat each other respectfully (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 15 reviews)

• Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

IT Business Partner

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Great Environment, respect, career opportunities

Cons

No comments at a moment

Enjoyed working with a great team.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Fitness center available for all employees and spouses. I worked with a great team and communication was a plus.

Cons

In the last few years there has been a lot of downzsizing and restructuring so job security was a worrry.

Keep the benefits, they set you apart from many other companies.

Great experience

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Great work/Life balance, nice employees, great company

Cons

Average pay and benefits, but other than that amazing company

consider higher pay or perks, feel like it has not been adjusted in the past 5-10 years

Great place to work

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Employees are definitely compensated for more their worth!

Cons

Having to work rotational shifts.

They are always continuously improving.

Great people and culture, but volatile

Current Employee - IT Technical Work in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Technical Work in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and for...the culture is idealistic and visionary. Adequate pay and benefits and, in my case, they encourage creative problem solving. Excellent training opportunities. Beautiful office environments and support for remote knowledge workers. They appreciate hard work, but do not try to burn you out.

Cons

Pay is a bit low compared to peer companies. They tend to have layoffs every 5-6 years ago which creates a depressing and fearful work environment for about a year. Forced ranking of employee performance, i.e. you can be "unacceptable" even if your boss says your're great and rates you as superior. To survive the rankings, you must be visible in a positive way with other managers.

It's a shareholder benefit focused big corporation that can be ruthless if you mismanage things. Better choice for managers and everyone: a B (benefit) corporation where shareholders, managers, workers and customers are equally valued.
    GET RID OF FORCED RANKINGS OF EMPLOYEES; you are now cutting out some muscle. Expect lawsuits if you continue forced rankings and a shift towards less group cooperation and more knife-in-the-back politics.

Communication Internship

Current Intern - Communication in Mobile, AL
    Current Intern - Communication in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I always desired to experience a job involving communication between two different companies and applications from engineering theories to the real world.

Cons

I struggled adjusting to the new and different environment from school. It was 2 weeks internship, and there were a lot of work that I was responsible. I found myself enjoying working in Kimberly-Clark after I got to know experienced employees working together with and their projects along with towel-converting.

HR Leader

I worked at Kimberly-Clark (more than 5 years)

Pros

A strong culture of high performance with very capable talent. Has made great strides in building and inviting diversity into organization, including at senior levels. Has transformed from an internally focused culture to one of market driven and customer driven.

Cons

Work life balance is very difficult to achieve especially as you rise in organization, although company strongly encourages balance. A bit of a paradox. Also a high relationship company where relationships truly matter to getting things done.

Continue to demonstrate value for diverse thinking and become a company where millennials will want to work. Continue to growth employer brand.

Truly fantastic company

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern

Pros

They very much value their employees and are actively working to make it a positive and innovative environment. Very much promoted work life balance.

Cons

Decision making can take awhile

Amazing experience, people

Former Intern - Lab Technician in Roswell, GA
    Former Intern - Lab Technician in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People were really friendly, great consumer-product goods company, high value and volume, and work-life balance was amazing with summer hours. Compensation was in line with what was expected. Great boss, lots of opportunities! Very results driven, learned a lot in my time here, great manager.

Cons

May be overlooked because the organization is so big. Wasn't sure about inner promotion, seemed to favor hiring from the outside for upper-level positions. Ultimately though, nothing too bad. Very very structured in terms of departments and processes seem to be standardized for the most part, not too much innovation.

Intern Experience

Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Kimberly-Clark was wonderful to work at! Great company culture, great work life balance, lots of ways to get involved within the company. The main KC office in Neenah, WI was beautiful and had a cafeteria, gym, intramural sports, and lots of activities. KC really seems to care about it's employees and the employees really seem to care about each other.

Cons

KC has some of the same negative aspects as all large companies--there was a lot of things that had to be done every month or so that didn't really relate to the project such as safety training and reviews.

n/a