Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance(in 50 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy(in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility(in 12 reviews)

UNDERLYING RACISIM

ProsWill cross train workers which is a plus.

ConsUnderlying racism. Managers and Lead personnel have much difficulty communicating. Many of the Hispanic culture consistently complain about African American workers. What's interesting is upper level management refuse to investigate these complaints, but reprimand the African American workers with no evidence substantiated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there are issues with core employees in management or Lead positions, it's better to provide formal management training than shift these individuals to different departments to display the same issues and then ask staff to overlook them. Also, when utilizing Temp services, encourage your employees to work as a team alongside the temp associates instead of isolating them. This is antithetical to an environment conducive for success.

Hostile work enviroment.

Business Partner (Current Employee) Loudon, TN

ProsI can't think of any thing good to say.

ConsThey review your performance through peer review groups. Meaning people you don't even work with review your performance. If someone in the gang don't like you your done.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be Professionals, Your career advancement is terrible. Supervision is terrible.
    Learn how to work as a Team.
    Unsafe work place due to hostile employees.

Poor management

Sales (Former Employee) Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Pros- Good products, strong brand name

Cons- Company's core values not practiced
    - Ridiculous sales target & unattractive compensation
    - Poor performance rating system
    - Poor and incompetent leaders
    - Poor attitude shown by leaders
    - Minimal support to employees
    - Lack of empathy

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers does not practice good KC behaviors, how would you expect an employee to follow?
    WORK LIFE BALANCE is non-existence

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not a good company to work for if you are hourly.even most salary workers bad mouth the management of this site.

Hard Worker (Former Employee) Chester, PA

Prosit was close to home. it was once a good place to work under the Scott paper name

Consthe lie ,they bully and are very deceitful no real Culture or Values even though they claim to be trust worthy

Advice to Senior Managementfire your current HR team and upper management at the Chester Pa site.their policies are running this site into the ground

Bad Companies to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNONE! Don't work there ever.

ConsDon't work there, especially if you are a contract worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstall some ethics and values to how you treat contract workers.

Not in my professional arena, not a productive use of my capabilities. Completed assignment months before.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsEnvironment allows you to be very independent.

ConsJob not matched with qualifications needed.

Kimberly Clark doesn't value African American employees.

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFor other employees, there is lots of movement

ConsAfrican american employees have a very hard time moving from their roles and are often pushed out of the organization with little justification. Management does not care about them. If you come here, your career will be stagnant.

Kimberly-Clark

Medical Writer (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsThe campus is nice but the work environment for contractors awful.

ConsThey treat contract workers like property.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork as hard as your contract workers and don't lie to them about how long the contract is.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

kimberley clark ruined my life and forced me to quit and not be able to find another job.

Material Handler (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

Prosgood pay,benefits,and double time sundays

Consway too much overtime in the summer can not enjoy summer because you ar always woking at least five twelve hour shifts with only 24 hours off usually.

Advice to Senior Managementupper management needs to communicate better with employees and stop making rules and changes without telling the employees in advance. and fire tom falk and get a CEO that wont drive the company into the ground.

Management doesn't get it.

Individual Contributor (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

Pros-Great coworkers
    -Great location for Metro Atlanta area
    -Beautiful corporate campus
    -Great health center/exercise facility and wellness programs
    -Decent benefits; medical/dental/profit sharing

Cons-Management driven by Street results...regardless of internal "cost"
    -Respect for employees/indviduals marginal at best
    -Old boy network; promotion based on who you know/currying favor
    -Limited recognition of individual contribution
    -Old forced ranking system was deadly; new system is inexplicable
    -Average pay now limited by "Market Based Compensation" measures
    -Internal employee motivation programs based on ludicrous consultant recommendations
    -Unresolved struggle between old school and new school management philosophies @ top
    -Lean and mean has become corporate anorexia; too many tasks, too few people
    -Top management completely out of touch with day-to-day employee issues, needs and activities
    -Ridiculous internal computer/data systems for day-to-day operation with no training; systems change with no announcement, leaving non-IT employees to "work it out on the ground"
    -Team leaders/directors have their eyes pointed upwards; very limited contact/direction for their teams

Advice to Senior ManagementLooking down the barrel of a 30+ year career, I've seen good and bad from KC. Right now, it's mostly bad.

The company just reissued an engagenement survey...the same as done 2-3 years ago. The results then were pretty abysmal, but none of that feedback got management action. No doubt, this survey will yield the same results. I'm sure it's a warm feeling in the pants of top management, but when will management really listen? All those employees can't be completely wrong.

Get back in touch. Mill workers feel management is out of touch. Professionals think they're out of touch. Go spend some time on the shop floor...in the marketing and sales offices. See what the real issues are...and meditate on what you fine before making your next cost-cutting decision.

Pick a direction and a corporate mission that's real and home-grown. The consultants are sucking money out of you. You know he business, the assets and capabilities. Whatever you decide, resouce it and stick with it.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!