Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros:
  • "KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance"
    in 42 reviews
  • "Excellent training for sales associates, great people oriented organization"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Work-Life Balance difficult to maintain"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Where else would you work?

ProsI’ve worked here for 5 years. My first experience was in Customer Service in the Neenah Office. Customer Service is a great team to start out on as you really learn a lot about the company and you meet a lot of friendly people. There is also a great work-life balance at the Neenah location and a lot of families love the flexibility that the company offers. I now hold a role in one of the Field Sales offices. I believe that each sales office is different and the culture is dependent on the people there. This experience has been a challenge, but has taught me a lot about our customer facing teams.

ConsEach office location has their pros and cons. The Neenah office is in a small town so it is hard for people to adapt if they are used to a bigger city. The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery Team Leader is different so I have no specific advice to give.

Smalltown Values in a Big Company

ProsWhile Kimberly-Clark is a large, global corporation, it still operates under smalltown values. Everyone acts with integrity and a personal sense of responsibility for the success of the company.There's a strong feeling of community and everyone is treated as if you're their next-door neighbor. Great work-life balance and emphasis on family.

ConsSlow to move and make changes. Risk-averse and at times ends up playing defense rather than offense.
    In terms of employee promotion within the sales offices, be prepared to move. The quickest advancements (and pay raises) come if you're willing to relocate. Small offices lead to slow turnover and the more willing you are to move for the job vs. the location, the better.

Great place to work!

Community Manager (Current Employee)
    Neenah, WI

ProsKimberly-Clark offers great opportunities to work with well-known brands. Employee's contributions are valued.

ConsNo cons at this time.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caring company, limited career progression opportunities

ProsThe company offers flexible working along with a generous holiday entitlement, allowing for an excellent work-life balance. Above average compensation is offered throughout most departments and the company diversity policy makes for a comfortable workplace.

ConsResources (the employees) are stretched particularly thin meaning that everyday can become a constant battle to keep on top of the workload. A real lack of career opportunities for most employees.

A good company to work for overrall.

Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee)
    Conway, AR

Pros- Many opportunities available for many different career tracks.
    - Highly competitive salaries compared to region.
    - Benefits (medical/dental/vision/education/vacation) (there are more but I don't remember them at this moment)
    - Comfortable work conditions

Cons- Poor communication by mid-level management (in both style and in informative content)
    - Inadequate planning and implementation of change control throughout lower levels of the corporation. (Regional level and especially at the facility level)
    - Major discontinuities between the "Exempt" (salaried) and "Non-Exempt" (hourly) exist in the workforce in terms of privileges and opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow hourly employees the ability to be able to move into salaried ranks. Career development is very segregated between the two classes of employees. Many hourly employees do not see any reason to strive for improvement in themselves or the company as a result of the stratification and segregation.

Room for Improvement - better outcome if you are from Wisconsin

Manager (Former Employee)
    Neenah, WI

ProsGreat group of people who work really hard to drive the bottom and obtain result. Great learning environment.

ConsLacks diversity and you are not always set up to be successful in your role by management. At times you are thrown into the mix and have to figure it out for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of the promises stated did not have the follow through. Do not reward bad behavior. Director should have more training on how to be an effective leader, how to manage teams and effective communication.

Good old fashion values, not so exciting

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Reigate, England (UK)

ProsGood work life balance and respectful atmosphere. Genuinely good working conditions and benefits. Good company brand for CV

ConsLow salaries in middle management positions. No clear development path unless you came from graduate program. No innovation . Always under cost saving programs. European business constantly shrinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk concerning career development and market based compensation . Innovation means investment.

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsI enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. While company benefits are absolutely awesome; starting salaries are low so they try to sell you on the benefits.

ConsLimited career growth; although Irving, TX is headquarters, you would have to relocate to another city in order to have a chance at upward mobility.

Key account manager

ProsExcellent management, good business trend

Consno life balance, lower compensation than its competitors

UNDERLYING RACISIM

ProsWill cross train workers which is a plus.

ConsUnderlying racism. Managers and Lead personnel have much difficulty communicating. Many of the Hispanic culture consistently complain about African American workers. What's interesting is upper level management refuse to investigate these complaints, but reprimand the African American workers with no evidence substantiated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there are issues with core employees in management or Lead positions, it's better to provide formal management training than shift these individuals to different departments to display the same issues and then ask staff to overlook them. Also, when utilizing Temp services, encourage your employees to work as a team alongside the temp associates instead of isolating them. This is antithetical to an environment conducive for success.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!

Kimberly-Clark Videos

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimberly-Clark CEO Tom Falk. All 419 reviews posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees.