Kimberly-Clark

Updated October 21, 2014
3.8

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 60 reviews)

• Great people - good culture - people treat each other respectfully (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Plant shutdown

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Company trains people to a very high level. When plant shutdown and we all had to move on we were well prepared to start in any company.

Cons

Knowing how well we all were prepared the company got a lot from us without paying us much.

Take care of your people

Great opportunity for you to learn, but don't expect there to be much support

Former Employee - Research CO-OP in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Research CO-OP in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Got real experience solving an issue with a product to be marketed in 2015/2016.

Cons

People don't know what they want. Mentor/other stakeholders were so busy with their owned schedules that I didn't get the help I needed when I needed it.

Know what you need. Don't expect your co-ops to have all the solutions to your problems, especially when you don't help them grow

Great place to get experience.

Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its a great place to work to gain experience. But, its something that you can't move forward and ahead if you are a contractor. There is a lot of people that are willing to help you. There is a great attitude at the company. Management is flexible and open to most ideas.

Cons

Unless your in the union, your thoughts done really matter.There is little room to grow and advance if you are a contractor. A contractor has limited privileges. Many people are willing or ready to retire so there is going to be a lot of turnover for the next couple of years.

Understand how important IT is to the company. Realize that a full-time IT person is vital to any company especially on site support.

Intern

Former Employee - Customer Development
    Former Employee - Customer Development

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, field sales offices are smaller but great young people. great workplace to build professional skills and really understand the business

Cons

lack of information about program before hand,

Truly want you to learn and grow from the experience

Not a good place to work.

Former Employee - Warehouse in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Chester, PA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good'No raise for hard work

Cons

No time of your own. People are very mean.

Need to listen to complaints.

Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

Cons

It is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

N/A

Great Experience

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

great experience pleasant work environment

Cons

none that i have seen

Good company

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Good company benefits are offered

Cons

Large company sometimes hard to be in loop

Encouraged to promote flexibility.

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

Pros

KC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

Cons

As with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

does an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

A great company made up of great people

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons

- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Stay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.