Kimberly-Clark

Updated November 24, 2014
3.7

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 62 reviews)

• Great people - good culture - people treat each other respectfully (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 15 reviews)

• Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

Cons

It is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

N/A

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

Pros

KC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

Cons

As with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

does an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

A great company made up of great people

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons

- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Stay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.

Kimberly-Clark has great brands, passionate people and prides itself on work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Category Development Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

K-C has great brands and is respected in the CPG industry. They pay really well and we have access to a number of different tools to help us do our jobs. K-C really prides itself on work-life balance allowing employees to have flexible schedules or work locations.

Cons

As with any company, if you don't want to relocate there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Although they pay well up front, annual merit increases tend to be very minimal. Sometimes the amount of information and tools available can actually be overwhelming and difficult to sort through to find what you need.

Compensating us as ONE National team as opposed to individual teams would break down the collaboration barriers that we currently face. Individual customer teams are reluctant to share with others as they feel like they are in competition with them. My previous employer changed their compensation structure in this manner and after the first year of some discomfort everyone really began to come together as ONE team under the premise of ONE team, ONE number! We need to stop competing with ourselves and come together to compete with other companies!

Great people, interesting work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

KC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

Cons

The location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Expecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

A place where I can be myself.

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kimberly-Clark is working to maintain a diverse workforce and ensure that people of all backgrounds and lifestyles are comfortable at work. I've always felt that the uniqueness that I bring to the table is accepted and valued.

Cons

As with many large manufacturing companies, growing your career can sometimes require relocations outside of your comfort zone.

Continue investing in employees who are currently in entry level roles. These sponsorships are what keep them invested in K-C and help inspire them to give more within their everyday roles.

KC is a great place to work. It's a solid company, and work life balance is prioritized.

Current Employee - Category Manager
    Current Employee - Category Manager

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time

Pros

Good solid company in a relatively stable industry. I work with great people who treat each other with respect, have good communication, and are really nice. Benefits are great, family is a core value. New leadership has been helpful to drive new ideas.

Cons

Sometimes process gets in the way of progress. Multiple people in many departments can be working on the same thing without knowing other's work. Communication between departments could be better.

Continue to drive new and innovative thought to drive business!

Great place to work with many opportunities for growth!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allow opportunities for cross-functional promotions in order to become a well rounded business leader

Cons

Seniors leaders have been coming and going too often.

A great place to advance your skills and move around the country.

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong market share with iconic products gives you a feeling of success. You are well-respected in the industry.

Cons

Difficult to react quickly to customer needs due to amount of red-tape at corporate.

Hold managers accountable for the success of their team. Calibration is demoralizing and unfair due to the forced ratings.

good company to work

Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

diversity, many internal opportunities, great people

Cons

location, bureaucratic, slow, averse to risk