Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for more than a year

Prosgood place to work i enjoyed it

Consnone i can remember at all

A global company with Victorian Values

Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee)
Barrow in Furness, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsShift system allows adequate leisure time, reasonable pay but on the slide compared to other local employers.

ConsAs an employee of over ten years the management in this mill can be summed up in three words, unethical, hypocritical and vindictive. Nepotism and crony-ism rule, health and safety is preached but not practised. Used to be a fine place to work but now people are leaving in droves. Accident victims are coerced into work so that they do not have to be reported to the US. It's a real shame because the parent company was ethical employer of the year last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign!

Ok company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits and pay, career progression good if your face fits

ConsToo slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementMake faster decisions and empower your staff

Good company that could use more proactive management

Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

ProsKC has a nice work environment and there are plenty of career opportunities if you are willing to go the extra mile and work hard. Very good training system and my experience has been that as ling as you are exceeding expectations with performance then the company is willing to invest in further developing people - for ex support with further education or flexible working.

ConsEspecially for the top performers pay doesn't reflect this therefore people don't feel rewarded enough which can be demotivatibg and sometimes KC is missing out on people that would otherwise be very passionate about their work and could be of great benefit to the company in the future. Management talks a lot about quick decisions and taking risk however they are slow in reacting to their team's concerns or doing something about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromise less and action more, also ensure the pay reflects one's performance as the MBC doesn't reflect this at the moment and plans to put things right are not visible if they exist.

Too Much Nepotism, Using current economic climate to unjustly screw employees benefits / pay

Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee)
Barrow in Furness, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent salary for locality compared to other major employers.
Production Shift pattern gives plenty of time off. (144 shifts vs. 221 days off per annum)
Private Health care scheme.
Share purchase scheme with buy 2 get 1 free deal.
Company Shop to purchase products cheaply.

ConsFar too much nepotism going on. New workers employed not for their skills and competancy, but because of who they are related to, or are best friends with!
HR awkward with no heart. Company sticks rigidly to rules but employees expected to be ultra flexible.
Company using current economic climate as excuse to trim costs, have ruined the future defined benefit pension of many long term employees by capping annual rises, also coupled with below inflation pay rises for the past 3 years, and pay band freezes/downgrading.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse external assessors for recruitment selection to halt the nepostism / cronyism.
Capping wage rises, Pay bands, and pension benefits, will only serve to cap the enthusiasm of the current employees.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!

Kimberly-Clark Videos

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimberly-Clark CEO Tom Falk. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees.