Kimco Realty

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David B. Henry

Great place to work with a strong entrepreneurial culture

Leasing (Current Employee)

ProsA very supportive culture with great people, which makes the everyday that much more enjoyable. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork and management always encourages the suggestion of new ideas to improve day to day operations.

ConsNot much to say here. It's a wonderful and stimulating place to work, they promote from within and the size of the portfolio ensures that you are always faced with new opportunities.

Poor Management

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Timonium, MD

ProsLove the company and staff. Great place to work.

ConsThere should be systems in place that everyone has to follow, including Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring recent cuts, positions were eliminated. In the future Company should consider eliminating those employees that are costing them money by lack of productivity. Especially those that are in management or those with obvious issues that should be addressed to ensure the moral of the office. Ignoring issues, while letting go of those that are an asset, will eventually cause a large concern.

Director of Real Estate

ProsGreat company with great benefits! Stable company with little politicking.

ConsDifficult to advance to senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessen the burden on Property Managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work with

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat salary and office environment. The bonuses are ok according to performance. Is an international company with operations in Mexico y South America.

ConsNot good opportunities to grow, the accounting system is simple and hard to work with partners to get information for qtr closing.

I wasted over a year of my life working here...

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBragging rights to say you work for a publicly traded company. My annual bonus was 7.5% of my salary which is better than average. They pay 90% of employee health insurance and it is a good plan.

ConsPay is below industry standard. Work load is unrealistic. As a PM you are responsible for 12 shopping centers. This should be a team of 5, but they expect one person to do it all with one (low paid) assistant. They expect you to use the company issued Blackberry (yuk!) and be on call 24-7. Tenants hate Kimco because there is no customer service. Tenants call and yell at you because they are frustrated and upset. I never received an annual employee review, no increase in salary, no possibility to move up the ladder, no mentors. When you get hired, they say they reimburse for education, but my manager refused to authorize reimbursement for a work related class. If you get a "title change" there is no pay with the increase in work load. The computer data systems are antiquated. Nothing is linked together. You have to look 5 places for information to fill out a form. The systems and procedures bog you down from doing your job. If you make a mistake there is someone from the Corporate office who will call and yell at you and make you feel terrible. Why this rude person still works for Kimco is unacceptable! I found Kimco to be a negative environment where people were burned out and/ or not happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed positive roll models, a mentor program and healthy environment so people can learn and advance job responsibilities. Need to be recognized for being an outstanding employee with an annual review and a bonus. Need constructive feedback on job performance. Pay needs to reflect the cost of living where your office is located.

This has been the best atomosphere I've ever had the pleasure to work in

ProsProfessional co-workers, modern technology, well stocked with supplies and equipment, coffee and bagels, staff appreciation events

ConsPaper work heavy, too many people involved in every transaction, new hires start as temps and wait months, years to be hired with benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a pipeline of future managers by having assistants for each position, training to become upper level.

Vista, CA office is a nice place to work

Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Vista, CA

ProsAs a temporary administrative worker, I was given direction and support as well as independence to do my work. The staff is professional and friendly. Upper management is accessible and recognizes your performance. The female staff have bonded through lunchtime on-site yoga classes. Keurig coffeemaker with a variety of tea & coffees is a nice perk.

ConsCould use more computer equipment. Heavy amounts of paperwork to be processed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if you can streamline the paperwork and get more IT equipment on site.

Terrible Work Enviornment

Property Management Department (Former Employee) New Hyde Park, NY

ProsGreat benefits package and bagels on Friday morning.

ConsThe department was micromanaged and moral was low. They are hiring people with little to no experience to run large portfolios thus putting a strain on the entire department. You would think a large publically traded company would hire people that have many years of experience to manage their assets and mentor property management assistants. Upper management uses the support staff as scapegoats.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experienced managers

Brutal !!!!

Property Manager Assistant (Former Employee) New Hyde Park, NY

ProsFree coffee and good benefits. There really aren't many pros that I can currently think of. I am sure the company overall isn't that bad however the department where I was, really needs a drastic change.

ConsNo morale, micromanagers, not a team building environment at all. Lack of support for someone who is new, Co-workers love throwing you under the bus, Lack of creativity (at least in the department I was in.) You are just another robot who really doesn't have much of a say.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at other successful companies and

If you want to get ahead, do not work here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Hyde Park, NY

ProsMedical benefits are excellent. If you want to work on Long Island, centrally located. Good first job for college graduates.

ConsThis company does not encourage any thinking whatsoever. Career micromanagers run this company. Follow the policies and procedures manuals (1000 + pages) and you will survive. Pay is poor. Do not think "outside of the box" it will not work in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany long time workers here. Many workers are not qualified, but seem to get ahead. Nepotism is encouraged. Systems are antiquated. Senior managers lack people skills. Need some young intelligent managers who are not afraid to speak up.

Worked for Kimco Realty? Contribute to the Community!