Kimley-Horn and Associates

Kimley-Horn and Associates Reviews in Vero Beach, FL

4.6

Kimley-Horn and Associates President John C. Atz
John C. Atz

Pros
  • They have a great profit sharing and benefits program that rewards employees for their contributions (in 21 reviews)

• You are surrounded by motivated and talented people, and the one-profit center culture really minimizes internal competitive inclination (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There was no work/life balance and it was not uncommon to work 60-80 hours some weeks (in 24 reviews)

• The engineering field in general is a stressful profession and expectations are high (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An opportunity to grow and pursue your desires throughout a long rewarding career for the benefit of your family.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you have the opportunity to become a practice builder, serving the type of clients and projects you want throughout your career. You are rewarded for excellent client service and profitable work. You control your own destiny; you have the opportunity to become a partner. The benefits are excellent, and even though my wife has worked throughout her career also, KHA gave me the ability to raise a family, taking care of all health issues, and put 4 children through college. After working hard during my career, we will retire comfortably and enjoy life, volunteering to help others as we choose.

Cons

You must learn and work hard at striving for a balance between work and family life; it has been and it always will be a struggle; and everyone deals with it differently. While KHA promotes that each should be aware and maintain a balance, it can easily become blurred. Success and rewards can breed pride and greed. The family life can become stressful more than it already would be normally. The culture of high expectations of excellent quality and service, makes you more aware that we are surrounded by worldview culture of people who expect nothing more than average. This is disappointing.

Don't loose the culture of our core purpose and values. Promote, celebrate and reward selflessness and selfless leadership. Equip employees to maintain a balance in their life, and discourage greed and prideful behavior.

Kimley-Horn and Associates Photos