Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Reviews

129 reviews filtered by
3.7
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants President and CEO Michael Depatie
Michael Depatie

Pros
  • The company culture at Kimpton is the key to their success and what sets them apart as employers (in 5 reviews)

• There is opportunity for growth within the company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay for hourly employees is low compared to similar positions in the industry (in 7 reviews)

• They say they like to give you work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. Great company that attracts friendly employees who want to make Kimpton the best hotel chain in the world.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company trusts and empowers employees to make the right decision without having to always ask for permission by hiring the right people. In addition, very diverse, fun, and interesting workforce.

Cons

The company typically doesn't pay the highest wages or have the best benefits.

The company has cool cache and an amazing product in beautiful hotels, but don't forget what got you here as you continue to grow.

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-great and supportive staff
    -flexible with schedules
    -great benefits for single people
    -employee events

Cons

The only con is that the pay is low for the amount of work that has to be done

3. my family

Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Cocktail Server/Pool Bartender in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Cocktail Server/Pool Bartender in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (more than 3 years)

Pros

no scripts, freedom to use individual personality and creativity to meet the standards of hospitality for an upscale luxury boutique hotel. accountability here from supervisors, team members, and other department members created a true family environment that I will forever appreciate. benefits from insurance to discounts at other properties are great but the professional environmment to exceed guest expectations by reaching beyond expectations of yourself truly build an invaluable worth to the philosophy of this great company.

Cons

too few locations in Dallas! come on kimpton I miss you bad. since PALOMAR left Dallas only one
    kimpton hotel here the hotel lumen we need more kimpton in Dallas or I guess I could make austin home and become a part of the hotel van Zandt?

keep pushing keep sacrificing keep smiling keep loving your guest loving your employees so guest are always loved. the paycheck may not be big enough but keep up your good work stay focused you will be rewarded sooner or later!

5. Analyst

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount on wine is pretty good

Cons

Poor management, poor benefits and comp

6. Nice hotel to work at

Former Employee - Food Server in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Real hospitality is encouraged amongst employees, also a fun working atmosphere, and benefits are great. Which makes a great working environment for all employees.

Cons

Typical of most hotels staff is cut down to save on cost but same high level of service is expected. This also makes it hard to request days/time off since there is no one else available to cover shift

Don't have secret shoppers visit so often or at minimum allow factors such as short of staff be contributed to report because it is not the employees fault for bad service when they are the only one helping 20 different people during s shift that was expected to be slow.

7. I love Kimpton~

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros

Room for advancement, constant changes, warm friendly people, family feel

Cons

Pay is a bit below average

Don't let the Kimpton spirit get lost in the IHG transition

8. For love of the guests

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are given free reign to help people in any way you can. Time can be very flexible and the working environment is casual/professional. They allow their employees to be themselves.

Cons

Limited funds for raises, activities and benefits. It varies from property to property, but they seem to underpay their employees and dangle "incentives" that are difficult to obtain, or don't make a significant improvement to wage.

Reward your employees for longevity, minimum wage increases do not count as "getting a raise"

9. My experience working here is neutral

Current Employee - Server Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros

Paid vacation, tips are ok nothing spectacular unless you are a server, coworkers are always helpful and friendly.

Cons

No opportunities to ascend. Was promoted to a serving position then the following week was put back as an SA.

Take consideration of others. Dreams of a better life have been laid to rest, maybe don't promote someone and leave them puzzled as to what happened.

10. Fun, considerate, professional

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, guest-oriented, they care about employees

Cons

Sometimes a little TOO relaxed, but I'm also used to bigger chains

Revenue Analysis

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Employees at the actual hotels are wonderful!
    A lot of company events.

Cons

Well first of all, let me start by saying that I am writing this review only based on my experience working for the corporate/ home office. (not the hotels or restaurant)

The people here are snobby, shallow, clicky, materialistic, and over all bad people.

People here are so hypocritical, they all want you to think they care about you as a person or employee but what is really going on is that they are just trying to look good for their superiors because they have been instructed to pretend to act like they care.

If you ever work at the corporate/ home office and don't know someone personally then your pretty much on your own. The people here are all long life friends, relatives, or spouses. They are always getting away with not working and are always blaming others for their short comings. They say they have high expectations of their employees, but when it comes to communicating with their employees no one ever wants to actually have a human conversation everyone just Skypes or emails everyone. Everyone usually sticks to their own department, and if you are in a different department then you will usually never learn someone else name outside your own.

If you are not constantly sucking up or brown nosing the executives then you are not a good employee.

You definitely can not be yourself at this company even though they say they encourage for you to be yourself.

Oh and to top it off, if you are a person of color than you might as well not apply at this company, the only way a person of color could ever work here was if they new one of the executives. ( I did, that's why I got hired)

Worst place I've worked for yet

I think, instead of trying to proof to world you are the best place to work, you should actually be the best place to work for, and that speech the CEO gave about if you are not Kimpton material then Kimpton will just spit you out is a bunch of bull. What the CEO was really saying is that if you are not a robot like them then you will be caught and exposed so that you feel bad.

I think this company is a huge oxymoron, just like the oxymoron " I want to be unique just like everyone else"

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Photos