Kinder Morgan Energy Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Chairman and CEO Rich Kinder

Rich Kinder

Pros:
  • "Competitive salary and good benefits"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great Benefits - health, life, 401k, employee stock option, vacation"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "This is perpetuated by the fact that upper management is totally lacking in their job duties"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Salaries for middle management is not up to par"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience was both gratifying and dissapointing

Operator (Current Employee)
Carteret, NJ

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsNotable pay is received by the workers depending on the skill set and level of employment

ConsThere are bad management practices enforced throughout.

Too many terminations to its employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBE MORE EFFICIENT MANAGERS AND LESS REGULATORY ENFORCERS

0 professional development available at this company,

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for less than a year

ProsEVERYONE leaves at quitting time

ConsVery much a big company/corporate culture. You are lost in the numbers, everyone is looking to CYA

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying attention to the business opportunities that you are missing out on because your managers play it ultraconservative in order to always succeed, come out in the black. You are running 25% - 50% high on everything to make sure you make it. Define what your risk tolerance is and then ensure your organization is using it. Start paying attention to how much people are under budget every time and you will notice this pattern. I have done it and your most successful/rewarded managers are the ones who sandbag the most. Willing to share this BTW.

Great job

Pipeline Engineer II (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEvery other Friday Off-its great

ConsWould like more Holidays thru out the year

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very positive experience, strong policy and procedures.

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time

ProsVery structured company from top to the bottom. Strong upper management. Positive people to work with.

ConsSalaries for middle management is not up to par. We are losing to many mid level managers due to pay. It's time to up their pay before we lose more highly qualified people.

Advice to Senior ManagementUp your game to keep our top people.

Great Company to work for. Excellent benefits

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsNice laid back environment, steady work load. Everyone at this company is very friendly, and easy to get along with.

ConsThe training program leaves much to be desired. Operator qualifications are dragged out for a couple of years before you are fully qualified.

Good experience

Pipeline Maintenance Technician (Current Employee)

Proshonest company with great values

ConsLocal management in over their heads

Natural gas piplines need to watch effects of Elpaso merger closely

Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benifits wages have increased and have been competitive. People are great to work with but this can be diffrent depending on work area and group. Bonuses have gotten better.

ConsFirst line supervisors are grossly under payed the company is loosing good supervisors left and right main reasons are hardships with the Elpaso merger, they do not supervise they have been turned in to bean counters and have little or no assistance from corprate. Elpaso merger has been especially hard the company has gotten too big too quick you would have thought that Elpaso has bought Kinder Morgan with all the policy changes that have been put in place. Make employees fill out "Saftey Observations" to tell on other employees. They have adopted Elpaso saftey philosophies even though Elpaso's saftey record is horrible compared to Kinder Morgans. Bounses are not preformance based like they are told to be everyone in a work group gets the same amount. Field employees used to get sock options and able to buy stock at a discount they have slowly taken away things and not given anything back.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook hard at the new culture that is evolving if it was not broken before then why change it. Put more responsiblity on area managers and let the supervisors do their jobs and supervise. Watch the Elpaso management closely they are weak there is a reason they where able to be bought out dont follow in those foot steps.

So far the company has treated me well

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners

Proscompetetive salary and training program

Consonly production focus is on EOR, very little primary production work.

An opportunity that provided new skills and a spirit of team unity.

Network Technician (Former Employee)
Lakewood, CO

I worked at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA work environment that embraced knowledge and development among team players moving forward in technological advances to meet business standards and goals.

ConsIn every work environment and due to human weaknesses, time challenges all at stressful peaks and at times management does not recognize when moral drops.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be attentive to the attitudes and weaknesses by obvious symptoms of work ethics and behavior.

Manager Application development

Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGreat company. Very hands on and very good to its employees

ConsDoes. Not allow work from home

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job

Worked for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners CEO Rich Kinder. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners employees.