Kinder Morgan River Terminals

Kinder Morgan River Terminals Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey R. Armstrong

Great Company but the job for me

ProsGreat company, well established within Industry, Great employee incentives, great benefits

ConsWell dont know about the company as a whole but my dept is full of older employees who rather do the work than allow someone younger than them to do it, Information is not shared properly to complete work

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure Supervisors are people who are willing to help out their team and understand we all learn and think differently

Manager in training

ProsGreat operators working the equipment. The guys are outstanding. Great systems in place to create a safe atmosphere. Benefits are amazing really takes care of there employees.

ConsA lot of office drama especially with the supervisors and above. A lot of bad attitudes from the times prior to kinder Morgan. That ale it difficult to implement a safe atmosphere. The guys that have been there awhile try to bully others.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp everything put people in place that support the guys. Plus can make things happen.

Satisfactory, but great potential

Manager In Training (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThe opportunities can be quite attractive, but putting in your time so to speak can become frustrating depending on the level of neglect your facility may have suffered under previous management over the years.

ConsTerminals division has been somewhat neglected over the years. EHS, operations all have a lot of catching up to do to meet current standards so it will take some time to see the fruits of your labor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep putting pressure on terminals without resourcing them properly and you could find yourself with a flight of qualified and competent people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Company, still growing during poor economic times

Houston, TX

ProsGood salary, good benefits, safety focused

Conslean staffing, little backup in case of illness

Established and consistently great company with untapped potential.

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsThis a focused company with very defined goals and a consistent record of achieving these goals. These targets are both financial and performance oriented, and they are made public. These goals are the standard by which performance is measured, and all are consistently held to the standard. This works because there is no question about what the performance objectives are who did or did not achieve them.

ConsThe focus seems to be too short term. Efficiency and capacity suffer because of short term goals. Long term vision is not communicated well to lower levels. Likewise, the ideas and suggestions of employees are nor communicated up through levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementField presence by members of management is critical in this environment. Employees need to know that the focus is on the people and their facility.

We need help in the Terminal Group, PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I to Scared to Say for Fear of Reprocusion From VP. (Current Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsIf your right out of college. You will learn allot, because KM dosen't believe in spending for consultants.

ConsNo Support, Senior Management will close minded. Technical support is limited do to in experience. Many people have an additude of cut throat philosophy. Hi turn over in the Terminals, more than any other company I have worked with. As a Senior Project Manager, this has been very frustrating to say the least. Our group has gone through 3 mangers in less than 16 month. Not to mention support personnel. Pay is horrible! KM top exec only make $210,000. So a engineer with 10 yr's experince makes in the 50 - 60 range. Hourly personnel make an average of $11 -$14 in average with no pay raises passed 4% a year. Bonus are less than 5% yearly regardless of effort and results.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your way of management. Start to pay your people fairly. Pay attention to the KMT group. Just becasue we are not at Houston (HQ) or Lakewood (tech groups), we should be treated like we don't exist. Look at your turn over rate in boss management, tech maanagement and support personnel and you'll see that people are very angry and always looking to get out. Help us please, spend time here and not just send your VP's who keep promising and promising but will not delive. We need better working conditions, support (technical and admin), better compensation, more involement with KM HQ, Just get off your throne and come down here and spend time.

Sr Developer

ProsGood Company to work for.

ConsNothing much to tell about.

Growing company lots of cronyism

Prosgrowing company, ethical climate to work in, great bonuses, benefits and pay are above industry standard, friendly environment, safety concious and responsible

Consbare bones operation, emasculate leaders with unneeded controls, little room for upward mobility unless grandfathered in, inept senior middle managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize

General manager

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRoom to move up in the ranks

ConsThey don't respect the employees

Great company to work for.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsProactive management - great place to work for,

ConsI enjoyed my time at KM.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat organisation to work for.

Worked for Kinder Morgan River Terminals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinder Morgan River Terminals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinder Morgan River Terminals CEO Jeffrey R. Armstrong. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Kinder Morgan River Terminals employees.