Kindercare Reviews

Reset
2.5
Kindercare CEO Elanna S. Yalow
Elanna S. Yalow

Pros
  • Working with children was the best part of this job (in 11 reviews)

• families and children were really nice (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate of teachers due to low pay (in 17 reviews)

• Abusive Upper-Management especially at a regional level (in 9 reviews)

1. Good first time job or if you do not want to move upward

I worked at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Director was willing to work with me and others when it came to personal things that came up. I was independent and had to follow my own created schedule to make sure every child was seen at least twice a week for a certain amount of time.

Cons

Not always allowed to do my classes for the day or week. Getting mixed responses with how to do something or how I am doing. I was blamed for not keeping up with classes even though my director was the one who stopped me from continuing classes due to lack of staff for the day or scheduled event. Told things then when the time came, taking back that information and changing of mind on the original decision.

Advice to Management

Don't be a hyprocrite and/or give false promises.

lead teacher

I worked at Kindercare (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

It's a field primarily dominated by women employees, and that tends to lead to gossip, complaints, cliques, and moodiness which definitely brings down morale.

Advice to Management

It would also be wonderful if KinderCare could afford to do more team building activities and staff recognition!

3. Lead Preschool teacher in a 3.5 year old classroom.

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love our children. Families are awesome! Curriculum is easy and appropriate for their age group.

Cons

With only the 1% male staff at my center, there is a lot of gossiping and lack of communication within coworkers and management. The center also lacks educational resources and computers for each classroom. Coming from a public sector, its so sad to see this private "for profit" sector only focusing on numbers instead of their service values.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff. Appreciate your staff.
    Communication is the key to success!

5. kindercare

I have been working at Kindercare

Pros

Love of children is amazing. We offer a great curriculum for children of all ages

Cons

Difficult to call off if my own children are sick

lead teacher

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Moorpark, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the people I work with are like a family

Cons

The pay does not compensate the amount of work i do

7. Ehh

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with hours. Casual attire and environment. The kids are great.

Cons

Very physically demanding and no consistency in hours, schedule or environment

Advice to Management

Take a management class, employees should be given some incentive to stay and some performance feedback

8. All about the Numbers

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Oxford, CT
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Oxford, CT

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Families and children are wonderful
    Teachers are dedicated

Cons

Company is not invested in their employees, you will be lucky if you get a 10 cent raise
    Focus is on meeting numbers for profit
    Not a lot invested in materials to implement curriculum, only if you are going through accreditation they will invest.
    Constant changing of rules and procedures from higher-ups

Advice to Management

Before implementing changes spend time in the classroom to see how these changes affect classroom environment
    Invest in your employees

9. Center Director

I worked at Kindercare

Pros

Great pay for early childcare field

Cons

Company doesn't do what's best for children, long hours and s lot of pressure

10. Enjoyable Place to Work if Money isn't an Issue

Former Employee - KinderCare Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - KinderCare Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young children are little tyrants, but they are also so much fun! There are very few jobs where you are greeted with hugs and smiles every morning. Children are so imaginative and they absorb so much. You can't beat the feeling when infants learn to walk, toddlers learn to use the potty, and preschoolers learn to write their name. It's the right position for someone who is passionate and dedicated to working with young children!

And, KinderCare offers ready-made curriculum guides, so planning out your day isn't difficult at all. Instead of having your classroom running around like a free-for-all, you have activities and themes already identified for your age group that you can teach to the kids in your class. Even the Infant classroom has a curriculum guide!

Cons

As any teaching job, the pay is terrible. Most daycares and preschools will start you out at very close to minimum wage. KinderCare, as I'm sure most preschools, seems to cycle through employees pretty quickly as you can barely afford to make end's meat with the paycheck you receive. The benefits for full time employees are also slowly getting worse and worse as health care plans continue to be revised.

Also, it's a field primarily dominated by women employees, and that tends to lead to gossip, complaints, cliques, and moodiness which definitely brings down morale.

Advice to Management

Don't get so hung up on little things; focus on what is truly important! Yes, curriculum and cleanliness are a big deal, but safety of the children needs to be first and foremost. Instead of getting on to staff (who don't get paid well for what they do) about little things such as shoe laces untied, toys not sorted in their buckets, current evidence of curriculum hanging on the walls, try to acknowledge the great things. Working with young children is a very rewarding field to be in, but encourage that by pointing out the wonderful work teachers and staff do for the kiddos!

11. Infant Teacher

Former Employee - Infant Teacher in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Infant Teacher in Lexington, KY

I worked at Kindercare

Pros

Good coworkers and relationships with families.

Cons

High turnover rate and focus on money.

RSS Feed </> Embed