Kindercare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Tom Wyatt

Pros
  • Working with children was the best part of this job (in 11 reviews)

• families and children were really nice (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate of teachers due to low pay (in 17 reviews)

• Abusive Upper-Management especially at a regional level (in 9 reviews)

1. Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids are so fun to work with. The company does have list of places that will give you a discount for working at KCLC

Cons

I don't believe in the KCLC philosophy. They care more about making a profit than what is right for the children. They over work the staff and under pay and under appreciate them.

Advice to Management

Take more pride in taking care of the people who make Kindercare what it is...the employees and the children that go there.

2. Enjoying It So Far

Pros

I really like the company and the people that I work with. Interesting dynamic, and the kids make the job so much more worthwhile!

Cons

None that I can think of yet.

3. Potential employee beware....

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big Company and the benefits may not be the best, but they are satisfactory. The schools appear to be very nice and clean. They have the materials to carry out the lessons.

Cons

I was offered a position, and was told it was full time with specific hours. It was changed within a week, and my hours were cut. I have yet to do the job that I was hired too do. They change your schedule everyday. It appears that none of the employees at this location has a regular schedule. If you work that the late shift you're also required to clean, which includes mopping the entire school and clean the toilets. Apparently that's considered lite cleaning. I worked at one location and was sent to another location mid day so I would be working an 8 hour shift. None of this was explained to me before I excepted the offer of employment.

Advice to Management

Make sure your Directors and Assistant Directors know what they are doing. Also make sure they are honest, and upfront with what is required of their new hires. Another words, don't lie about the job they are offering. If you notice on other reviews there is a high turn over rate. Ever wonder why?

5. Poorly managed, unreachably high expectations, doesn't pay enough for the job required.

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The teachers I worked with were fantastic, for the most part. Free pizza on Fridays. That's about it.

Cons

Some teachers were given special privileges. One teacher came in obviously high everyday and nothing was done. Another teacher deliberately hurt a child and nothing was done.

Advice to Management

Get new management. The current ones don't do anything to help teachers.

6. Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Family environment Children Casual work wear

Cons

Low Pay Cut hours all the time

7. Empty promises

Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Marietta, GA

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide your curriculum. Great yearly training meeting. You will get your 10 bright from the start hours in one day.

Cons

A lot of turnover, even in management. You won't get your promised hours.

Advice to Management

Train and pick your management better

8. long term emplyee

Current Employee - Eraly Childhood Teacher in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Eraly Childhood Teacher in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

great company work for. Sadly close that building and was suppose full time at another center. The guy director talk to director at center where was promise full time. Well guess he didnt as when ask her guy director name ,she said never talk to him.Guess made his self look good

Cons

wasnt treat fair when the building was closing

Advice to Management

when building closing make sure tell staff truth really talk to center director when tell staff that full time job at center sent them to

9. Avoid This Place, There are much better organizations to work for!

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an assistant teacher I would move around to a lot of different classrooms and I can say that I enjoyed working with all the other teachers. I felt bad for the lead teachers because their efforts really aren't rewarded. i loved the children I worked with and their families. That was the only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Kindercare does not value the health of the classrooms they have nor what is best for individual children. They care about their bottom line and are willing to stuff in as many kids as they can into a room to make a profit. Within the organization there is very little opportunity for advancement. They don't give raises in pay and they will do everything in their power so you don't reach 40 hours in a week so you don't receive benefits. I have seen children with special needs enrolled into high volume classrooms. I have seen the horrific effect this has on the other students, but especially on these children who need special attention.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at what you're doing .Look at the list of values you post in every location. In my humble opinion you are not living up to any of them and a lot of children are being effected. If In the end if it's all about money then at least compensate your staff better.

10. Horrible Work Enviornment

Former Employee - Three's Teacher in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Three's Teacher in Rockford, IL

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Now have experience working with difficult children and management

Cons

Myself and other staff members were physically beaten by some of the children here. It was in a low income area with management who could care less about the situation as well as parents who didn't believe their child was capable of such awful things. Management does not allow for time outs or to say no to children, but when your turnover rate for staff is so high because they are constantly being abused by the children, it is time to add so disciplinary actions. I was also hired to be a teacher in the three year old room, with that being said I can honestly say I didn't work a full day in that classroom due to bad children and help needed in the other rooms.

Advice to Management

Allow for time outs, and do not reinforce their poor behavior. Have more therapists come in for the children that really need it!

11. What a Joke

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

At the NSC, pays well, generally good work life/balance, until recently I liked my job, most of the people are very nice and friendly

Cons

My team's terrible; HR, while smiling, is incompetent as seem to be most upper managers, we have sales people who know nothing about sales, operations people who can't manage others and just a ton of finger pointing and backstabbing to gain a favorable position. Basically everyone's busy worrying over something minor while ignoring the red ink they're getting ready to bleed, cause for all the "due diligence" and "analysis" done, there are contracts signed that should never have happened. But hey, we're all talking in jargon and buzz words, so we MUST be "world class", right? What's especially laughable is how we're supposed to pretend that running daycare and after school programs (really not that different from what a stay at home mommy looking for extra income would do) for big profits is somehow "educational" and a higher calling. Also, it isn't 1983 anymore, stop relying on methods that were popular then

Advice to Management

It's fine that we're for-profit, just stop pretending. The rest of the world isn't fooled by our empty mission. Also, hire people who actually know what they're doing, especially in upper management

RSS Feed </> Embed