Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Kindred Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Paul J. Diaz

Paul J. Diaz

Pros
  • The company not only preaches work life balance they live it(in 8 reviews)

• My pay is good , I'm a highschool dropout and they didn't really look at my resume so much as they looked at me as a competent individual(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Incompetent nurses were often promoted to get them away from direct patient care(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable(in 17 reviews)

Good Company to Work For

ProsThe company is an active participant in the evolving healthcare landscape. They have a culture of doing the right thing.

ConsBenefits and turnover, and leadership instability

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to remained focused on improving employee relations and stabilizing leadership

Terrible

Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIt's considered a "hospital", but it's basically a skilled nursing facility with trach patients.

ConsIt is very clique ish. If you're not filipino, then don't expect help from anyone. Nurse yelled at me once when I needed help with a patient, CNAs hide, and they stand together in groups. If you don't speak Tagalog, you won't fit in.
    Oh, and don't report elderly abuse without doing it anonymously, they will fire you for retaliation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your CNAs equally.

Kindred Healthcare Human Resources responded to this review

Jun 18, 2014

Given the serious nature of your concerns, the Compliance Department would like for you to provide additional details via the Compliance Hotline at (800) 359-7412.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Squire, Senior
    ... More

Not the best company I've worked for.

Director (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsPeople, resources, environment. The people I work with are great. Kindred provides the resources to get things done. The working environment is great, co-workers are genuinely concerned for patients and fellow co-workers.

ConsUnkept promises, high turnover, sub-par benefits. Executive management constantly lie to employees about future plans to keep them from leaving. Constant cuts to workforce and benefits make it difficult to focus on job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your promises, get back to.caring about your people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's OK

ProsSmall Hospital makes it easy to get to know people

ConsPoor benefits, no real way to advance, constant worry about high turn over, patient care is nearly sub par, and too much emphasis on profits over employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more to the employees. Work for them so they can work for you. Benefits that at least match nearby hospitals would be a decent start. But strive for more than just what is "comparable". Make it a place where people want to work because it's a great place to work, not because it's a job.

Don't call compliance

ProsCoworkers are wonderful caring people . The building had heat and air conditioning. We also have paper towels.

ConsIf you call compliance be prepared to have retaliation by every person in management. Even the worst complaints are ignored and the person they feel is responsible for the call is let go. Convenient "restructuring" as they call it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say? Perhaps a good house cleaning of middle and upper management is appropriate . Giving bonuses for being the best AH shouldn't be done

Disgusting Managment

Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsI loved the location and the facility itself. I enjoyed working with my patients and most of my co-workers.

ConsThe Administration was horrible. Favoritism, Harassment, Retailation, and Discrimination are all tactics used against you when you complain about the unethical things going on at the facility. It felt like High School with the Clicks and everybody talking about each other behind their backs. No teamwork and no respect for employees. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSensitivity training, effective workplace communication, and Respect for all employees need to be taught. Solve problems when they are first presented and hear all sides of any complaints before reacting. Stop encouraging employees to micromanage each other because it creates a negative hostile environment. Be fair to all employees not just favorites and suck ups.

Area Director of Admissions Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswell known company on your resume

ConsUpper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable. Very unrealistic of goals.

Honesty is not one of their mission statement

ProsConvent location for the facility.

ConsAdministration will send you down the river with a knife in your back to make themselves appear to be doing a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management that will support the staff and work with them as opposed to hiring people that will lie and cheat to make management look good on paper. Extremely fraudulent administration. Would not be surprised if N O facility folded within the year.

Their moto "Continue the care" doesn't exist

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI like the facility. Some of the staff are awesome. The patients are great, they make the job worth the politics.

ConsNegative upper level staff, condescending attitudes. Parking is bad. The social workers have more on their plate than they can handle, which leaves most to all patients unsatisfied and the social workers stressed (ALL THE TIME)

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile? Like your job or don't go to work. Be respectful of your colleagues, the ones that do the hardest work, everyday, are just as stressed as you- in fact more so with you breathing down their necks- but hey, at least you get to go home and sit on your fat 6 figure salary at night.

My experience is pleasant

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsKindred has a friendly working atmosphere. There is many opportunities for employee growth with in the company. The salary is great.

ConsThe staff is not consistant.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire consistant and dependable staff.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!