Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Kindred Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Paul J. Diaz

Paul J. Diaz

Pros
  • The company not only preaches work life balance they live it(in 8 reviews)

• My pay is good , I'm a highschool dropout and they didn't really look at my resume so much as they looked at me as a competent individual(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Incompetent nurses were often promoted to get them away from direct patient care(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable(in 17 reviews)

Excellent Company

Regional Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat work environment, lots of corporate support

ConsNot a lot of career advancement unless you leave and then come back with experience. No "training up"

RN

ProsWork experience. Great location. Good place to start a career

ConsExpensive benefits. . . . .

Great Place to Work

ProsManagement cares about doing the right things for their employee's and focused on providing quality care to patients.
    Open to people contributing ideas to improve working conditions or care delivery

ConsBenefits including 401k matching, annual raises, complex environment as the company adapts to the changing healthcare landscape

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on development of an engaged and committed workforce

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am an LPN.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsThere are no Pro's to Elkhart Valley View besides the patients that are needing care that they do not receive. I always try to find the positives but there are very few. There are some good employees.

ConsThe pay is low. they do not make you feel welcome, communication is poor, you get mandated to stay at least 3-4 days out of the week. The things that unprofessional management tells you never means much because they are also over worked and underpaid. No work and life balance at all, its all work. The pay is so low for all the work you do. Some staff care but never stay long

Advice to Senior ManagementStart following through with being a manager that starts with keeping staff, paying more and try having a positive attitude with new employees. The negative attitude starts with the interview and continues. Get your employees more money so your patients can get good care and you can change your bad attitudes and maybe keep staff. I never even heard about insurance or any benefits until 6 weeks after I applied online, two interviews later and several commutation problems. It really could be a nice facility but has failed for over 10 years. The best of luck to management and above all corporate

Employee Engagement Survey. Interested in hearing results.

Confidential (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat people working for a great company.

ConsBenefits and salary structure is poor. Very top heavy in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct upon the feedback from Employee Engagement Survey.

Case Management

Case Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat support from the district and regional level

ConsHigh expectations for things outside of our control.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen

Awful

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPay, schedule, ot availability, great co workers.

ConsThe company is for profit and it shows. It is all about the bottom line and upper management is spineless. This company (ltac sector) is dying and taking its staff with it.

FEEL RISKING YOUR LICENSE

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosbenefits is ok, 401K and medical insurance

ConsLOWER PAY BUT HIGH WORKLOAD, 1:27 RATIO, most of patients are IVs, G-tube. Quit in 2 Days, Even didn't pay me for orientation. Mess management.

Kindred Healthcare Human Resources responded to this review

Jun 18, 2014

Given the serious nature of your concerns, the Compliance Department would like for you to provide additional details via the Compliance Hotline at (800) 359-7412.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Squire, Senior
    ... More

Its difficult to imagine a company this bad. I wish it could be no stars.

Patient Advocate (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe few good, hardworking employyees.

ConsProfits over people business ethic. Has earned a negative national reputation in heathcare circles. Patients' conditions more than often get worse as a long-term effect of required understaffing of clinical staff. Employees get thrown under the bus when it comes to department budgets, so again the patient care suffers. I have been repeatedly lied to by regional and corporate executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce you lose your integrity, the rungs on the corporate ladder get slippery.

Great place to work.

ProsThe facility provides great care for patients who are extremely sick.

ConsThey are very lean in their operation but still effective.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the great work. This is a unique place.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!