Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Kindred Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Paul J. Diaz

Paul J. Diaz

Pros
  • The company not only preaches work life balance they live it(in 8 reviews)

• My pay is good , I'm a highschool dropout and they didn't really look at my resume so much as they looked at me as a competent individual(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Incompetent nurses were often promoted to get them away from direct patient care(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable(in 17 reviews)

Don't call compliance

ProsCoworkers are wonderful caring people . The building had heat and air conditioning. We also have paper towels.

ConsIf you call compliance be prepared to have retaliation by every person in management. Even the worst complaints are ignored and the person they feel is responsible for the call is let go. Convenient "restructuring" as they call it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say? Perhaps a good house cleaning of middle and upper management is appropriate . Giving bonuses for being the best AH shouldn't be done

Area Director of Admissions Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswell known company on your resume

ConsUpper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable. Very unrealistic of goals.

Disgusting Managment

Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsI loved the location and the facility itself. I enjoyed working with my patients and most of my co-workers.

ConsThe Administration was horrible. Favoritism, Harassment, Retailation, and Discrimination are all tactics used against you when you complain about the unethical things going on at the facility. It felt like High School with the Clicks and everybody talking about each other behind their backs. No teamwork and no respect for employees. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSensitivity training, effective workplace communication, and Respect for all employees need to be taught. Solve problems when they are first presented and hear all sides of any complaints before reacting. Stop encouraging employees to micromanage each other because it creates a negative hostile environment. Be fair to all employees not just favorites and suck ups.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Honesty is not one of their mission statement

ProsConvent location for the facility.

ConsAdministration will send you down the river with a knife in your back to make themselves appear to be doing a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management that will support the staff and work with them as opposed to hiring people that will lie and cheat to make management look good on paper. Extremely fraudulent administration. Would not be surprised if N O facility folded within the year.

I am an LPN.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsThere are no Pro's to Elkhart Valley View besides the patients that are needing care that they do not receive. I always try to find the positives but there are very few. There are some good employees.

ConsThe pay is low. they do not make you feel welcome, communication is poor, you get mandated to stay at least 3-4 days out of the week. The things that unprofessional management tells you never means much because they are also over worked and underpaid. No work and life balance at all, its all work. The pay is so low for all the work you do. Some staff care but never stay long

Advice to Senior ManagementStart following through with being a manager that starts with keeping staff, paying more and try having a positive attitude with new employees. The negative attitude starts with the interview and continues. Get your employees more money so your patients can get good care and you can change your bad attitudes and maybe keep staff. I never even heard about insurance or any benefits until 6 weeks after I applied online, two interviews later and several commutation problems. It really could be a nice facility but has failed for over 10 years. The best of luck to management and above all corporate

Awful

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPay, schedule, ot availability, great co workers.

ConsThe company is for profit and it shows. It is all about the bottom line and upper management is spineless. This company (ltac sector) is dying and taking its staff with it.

FEEL RISKING YOUR LICENSE

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosbenefits is ok, 401K and medical insurance

ConsLOWER PAY BUT HIGH WORKLOAD, 1:27 RATIO, most of patients are IVs, G-tube. Quit in 2 Days, Even didn't pay me for orientation. Mess management.

Kindred Healthcare Human Resources responded to this review

Jun 18, 2014

Given the serious nature of your concerns, the Compliance Department would like for you to provide additional details via the Compliance Hotline at (800) 359-7412.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Squire, Senior
    ... More

Its difficult to imagine a company this bad. I wish it could be no stars.

Patient Advocate (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe few good, hardworking employyees.

ConsProfits over people business ethic. Has earned a negative national reputation in heathcare circles. Patients' conditions more than often get worse as a long-term effect of required understaffing of clinical staff. Employees get thrown under the bus when it comes to department budgets, so again the patient care suffers. I have been repeatedly lied to by regional and corporate executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce you lose your integrity, the rungs on the corporate ladder get slippery.

terrible

Prosnone nothing good about working there

Conseverything is bad all about profits $$$$$

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to do your job

AWFUL

PTA (Current Employee)

ProsThe employees at this facility seem to care a lot for their patients as otherwise no one would work for this company.

ConsNearly everything, poor communication, lack of concern for well being of employees, HORRIBLE benefits for 'healthcare' workers, NO pay raises, etc, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with your employees, offer better benefits and more competitive pay.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!