Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Kindred Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Paul J. Diaz

Paul J. Diaz

Pros
  • The company not only preaches work life balance they live it(in 8 reviews)

• My pay is good , I'm a highschool dropout and they didn't really look at my resume so much as they looked at me as a competent individual(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Incompetent nurses were often promoted to get them away from direct patient care(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable(in 17 reviews)

My 1st nursing job... while it was an overall good experience - there are some "deal breaker" cons!

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsCompetitive pay, great co-workers & loved the residents & their families. Unit mgrs were active in care of pts & very aware of the condition of the pts on their unit & overall team players.

ConsMgmt could be more involved with night shift - rarely any communication/feedback, commonly underestimated how busy it truly was on nights with all the extra preparation work & "catch-all" tasks that noc shift was responsible for. Upper mgmt didn't understand acuity vs numbers from unit to unit - overstaffed on one unit & understaffed on another bc would make shift assignments based on numbers not acuity. You would often bounce from unit to unit making it difficult to establish a routine & pts didn't like the inconsistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall good mgmt team, but need to give more feedback (both good & bad) to staff which encourages growth of your employees. Consider working a few night shifts from time to time. Hire someone with experience in scheduling to reduce high turnover rate r/t bouncing employees around.

Don't call compliance

ProsCoworkers are wonderful caring people . The building had heat and air conditioning. We also have paper towels.

ConsIf you call compliance be prepared to have retaliation by every person in management. Even the worst complaints are ignored and the person they feel is responsible for the call is let go. Convenient "restructuring" as they call it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say? Perhaps a good house cleaning of middle and upper management is appropriate . Giving bonuses for being the best AH shouldn't be done

Overall, good

ProsIt has Work/family life balance

ConsPoor health benefits- too costly for a family

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A place to hone your med-surg skills

ProsCommon hospital setting that provides short-term acute care for patients with pressing health issues, when a quick recovery is unrealistic.

ConsPersonal growth within a facility; high turn over in nurses.

Advice to Senior Managementleft blank intentionally

At will employment

STNA (Current Employee)

ProsPays a decent salary o employees and offer small amenities.

ConsWill terminate an employee for little or no reason, and without evidence.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees are good employee. a facility is only as good as the employees that work there.

Area Director of Admissions Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswell known company on your resume

ConsUpper management was not always qualified for their position or knowledgable. Very unrealistic of goals.

Disgusting Managment

Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsI loved the location and the facility itself. I enjoyed working with my patients and most of my co-workers.

ConsThe Administration was horrible. Favoritism, Harassment, Retailation, and Discrimination are all tactics used against you when you complain about the unethical things going on at the facility. It felt like High School with the Clicks and everybody talking about each other behind their backs. No teamwork and no respect for employees. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSensitivity training, effective workplace communication, and Respect for all employees need to be taught. Solve problems when they are first presented and hear all sides of any complaints before reacting. Stop encouraging employees to micromanage each other because it creates a negative hostile environment. Be fair to all employees not just favorites and suck ups.

Tired

Staff RN (Current Employee) Greenwood, IN

Prosalways busy, never boring environment

Constoo many patients to care for

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some more nurses

kindred

Director of Activities (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsI enjoyed working w/ the residents, my staff and social service department.

ConsI was not informed that they were for sale when I was hired & was laid off w/ 1 week notice by fedex.

Honesty is not one of their mission statement

ProsConvent location for the facility.

ConsAdministration will send you down the river with a knife in your back to make themselves appear to be doing a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management that will support the staff and work with them as opposed to hiring people that will lie and cheat to make management look good on paper. Extremely fraudulent administration. Would not be surprised if N O facility folded within the year.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!