Kinetic Concepts Reviews

Reset
2.5
Kinetic Concepts President and CEO Joe Woody
Joe Woody

Pros
  • There are some great people working here who really care about their work and the customer (in 5 reviews)

• good pay for the job, great co-workers, great product reputation (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain work - life balance at times (in 4 reviews)

• Hostile work environment at times and HR did nothing to resolve (in 5 reviews)

1. Accts Receivable/Billing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Kinetic Concepts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Great benefits package compared to other large companies. Growing willingness to listen to employee concerns

Cons

Advancement opportunities and pay could be better

2. Great Experience Great Company

Current Employee - Facilities Manager Intern
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager Intern

I have been working at Kinetic Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a wonderful overall experience working with KCI/ Acelity over the summer. It was a great insight of how the corporate world operates in real life situations. Management was phenomenal because they treated you as an actual employee as well too. Work-life balance was also great as well. I would gladly recommend this company to anyone of my friends.

Cons

I don't really have a con but if I was just nit-picking I would say that there is no parking at certain times of the day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I had a great time in my experience.

3. Great Coworkers/Limited Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kinetic Concepts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a pretty high stress environment but coworkers make it tolerable.

Cons

Like most large customer service driven companies, constant pressure to do more with less.

Advice to Management

Too many town hall meetings that never amount to actual positive employee flourishing.

5. Good Benefits

Former Employee - R&D in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - R&D in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kinetic Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefit plan, 401k matching, vacation, and holidays. Good pay.

Cons

Everything is a crisis. A lot of people work in panic mode. A positive work/life balance is not encouraged. The work and negative energy can easily follow you home if you let it. Not a fun/happy place to work.

Advice to Management

Invest more in making employees want to come to work. Improve the energy in the office.

6. service consultant

Current Employee - Service Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Consultant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Listen to the radio during the day. Most of the account contacts are usually easy to work with.

Cons

Micro managed, under staffed, over worked

Advice to Management

My advice for management is let service do it's job. We know what we're doing and trying to change things that won't work in the field is a problem.

7. Business Review

Pros

Excellent family Benefits and schedules

Cons

Average pay scale, low pay raises

Advice to Management

Provide better communication

8. New to Company

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Kinetic Concepts full-time

Pros

Low Micromanagement, Great people to work with and great products.

Cons

Training needs improvement, increase in base salaries and adjust quotas so they are truly achievable, increase car allowance and cover gas to industry standard and don't implement micromanagement to offset the improvements you make. Improve in house customer service with basics on how to handle people on the phone and proper tone when speaking with customers.

Advice to Management

To SLT - Training needs improvement, increase in base salaries and adjust quotas so they are truly achievable, increase car allowance and cover gas to industry standard and don't implement micromanagement tracking (GPS apps) to offset the small improvements you make. Improve in house customer service with basics on how to handle people on the phone and proper tone when speaking with customers. Actively pursue managed care issues in smaller rural areas rather than ignoring because they aren't important to the whole and seem minute.

9. Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kinetic Concepts full-time

Pros

Great history and co-workers truly care about the patient

Cons

As competition grew, upper management could not diversify the business. Constant pressure to drive sales in a market with 80% market share already.

10. IT - Contractor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kinetic Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

None in my opinion. There were some good people when I was there - but most have left or been laid off.

Cons

Not a good experience at all. At the time, the IT shop was full of contract staff and they were not treated very well - really like step-children and in a very hostile work environment already. Actual employees were always wary of their leadership and others, as there were aggressive (and inappropriate) situations always going down. I hear there are less contractors there today but that the IT organization and it's weak leadership continues to steer the ship.

Advice to Management

Hire some good leadership. Start giving a 'care' about your people - and bring out the best in them (ees and contractors alike). Maybe you'll get somewhere then. Deal with the incompetence as it spoils the whole lot.

It's get's worse and worse NOT better and better

Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Kinetic Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The premier product--The VAC is stellar, and does ad value to patient care, so that makes you feel good to be a part of that.

Cons

The executives are ineffective!l I have never worked at a company where the willingness to recommend scores are so LOW! The employees are not happy, you can feel it in the air..some good people there, but with the amount of constant non-stop turn over at ALL levels it is near impossible to stick to a strategy and deliver on it! I guess that is why the Company performance and thus the annual bonus' are so poor! I am actively looking for new employment ! Good luck if you come to work here!

Advice to Management

Hire talent in key positions that actually have experience in those roles. Too many non-effective learning on the job executives in place! Treat the employees like people and not cattle. I know we are in TX, but the employees really are people!

RSS Feed </> Embed