www.kineticamedia.com

Updated January 25, 2015
Updated January 25, 2015
3.3

Chris Swemba

Good company to work with!

Former Employee - SEO Link Building in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - SEO Link Building in Detroit, MI

I worked at Kinetica Media as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

good pay
    flexible hours
    interesting work
    management trusts my decisions
    bonus pay

Cons

not as much work as id like to get from them

keep up the good work and keep those excellent projects coming my way as I want to work for you more in the future. Thanks, Harry P

Bush-league and dishonest business practices

Former Employee - Web Programmer in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Web Programmer in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Kinetica Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back for the most part. A few paid holidays.

Cons

Inconsistent deadlines.

Boss will not tell you about jobs until 2 days before they are due.

No AC in small, cramped office.

No sound baffling at all, you hear everything every person is doing at all times.

Old, outdated equipment.

The owner/manager outright misleads customers into paying for services that are free or he doesn't intend to deliver. (Charging over $1000 to install Wordpress)

Owner uses employees for side jobs, and doesn't pay for the extra work.

Owner often takes credit for the jobs workers do when presenting to clients despite having zero programming knowledge.

Immense micro-management. Wants you to explain everything you do, provide task lists of things you worked on for every minute of the day. All while manually monitoring you so he can find any inconsistency.

You know what you're doing wrong... just stop.

Oct 31, 2014CEO

If this is a legit post, then so sorry you had this experience. Let me reach out to you directly so we can talk about this. If this is a bogus post from the same person that continues to slander us ... More

Entry level, passe "maketing firm"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Kinetica Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Personal office space, good location to downtown Perrysburg, quiet, not a lot of pressure since things were prett slow, coffee, good opportunity for first time entry level job, christmas bonus

Cons

Disorganized, technology is very outdated, kind of a run down office, no air conditioning, old equipment, no real production environment, pay is far below industry norms but the company is set-up more as a "pump out templates" rather than true strategic partnerships, sometimes the "salesy" environment makes things feel a little dishonest towards clients, company hasn't really evolved with the industry. Designs look the same as they did 10 years ago.

Just keep doing what you're doing, I dont think you really have enough knowledge to take your company beyond the "off the shelf" kind of packaged solutions.

fun place to work

I have been working at Kinetica Media

Pros

I like the freedom, the people, the clients and the projects. I'm very excited for the new projects that Kinetica Media is engaging in. We have great client retention rate and the clients for the most part seem pleased with our services and recommend us a lot.

Cons

The things I don’t like about Kinetica Media are few at this point. Sometime the deadlines get stressful and there never seems that there is enough time in the day to complete all the work I have (which is a lot mostly). There isn’t any A/C in the building so it can get pretty hot in here.. Other than that, I like working with the team and Kinetica’s clients.

Chris, stay focused on the big picture and work on the business..... not in the business. You are a much better entrepreneur than a manager :) Stick to what you are good at and let your staff do to what they are good at.

Oct 31, 2014CEO

Thanks for the great post!

Kinetica Media Photos