Kineticom

Updated October 28, 2014
4.0

Mike Wager
1 Rating

Started out great but was lost in transistion

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kineticom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some great people
    Office culture used to be great
    Always giving back to the community
    Health Benefits and some perks like gym membership
    Base pay is OK
    Nice office downtown

Cons

There was a time that I liked working here and it pains me to see it managed so poorly.

Management- No vision and LOVE to complicate an easy process

Blame culture is insane. If something negative happens; blame comes before and after the solutions (its Staffing- cant control people)
    The recruiters are bottom of the barrel. RMs/Sales teams are demi gods and are accountable for nothing

For a recruiter this is the worst possible place you can work. You are held accountable for everything, even if it is out of you control. Micro managed. The ISO certification means you need to document everything and making a rigid structure to a company that needs flexibility. Always adding time and unneeded road blocks.

The sales team have become lazy through extremely poor leadership which means as a recruiter you will be working on VMS. (Black hole) And to boot the RMs will still push the VMS requisitions on you, when really they should be pushing the HMs.
    Even if you manage to get a candidate through the Kineticom process and deliver a great candidate to the hiring manager and that person gets the job, the commission structure is below par.

ISO certify a staffing company... WHY? Even asked the question; what is the ROI on ISO? **Dumb looks all around the room*** It is funny because ISO says that you should not set targets that are unattainable, yet the recruiter developmental targets are just setting people up to fail.

VP sales is running this sinking ship and has CEO in back pocket.

Company values- strip back all the pretend corporate crap that you tried to integrate and go back to the old Kineticom.

Get rid of ISO- It was used before as a value add, not to become the rules of Kineticom

Give the recruiters a break- You have some great talent and will lose them all if you are not careful.

Be flexible with your staff and trust them.

Get rid of the passive aggressive, toxic VP of sales. Employ a real sales leader that can get rid of dead weight and ignite the sales team.

CEO - Get out to San Diego, make some positive decisions around the vision and sales deliverables and shake things up, quickly or get out of the way for someone who will lead with gusto.

Kineticom Response

Nov 5, 2014Brand Communications Manager

We deeply regret whenever an individual doesn’t enjoy their experience working at Kineticom. It serves as a reminder that we need to continue to be vigilant around the cultural fit as we are ... More

They were always nice

I worked at Kineticom

Pros

Very Easy to talk to. Helped get my raise.

Cons

A position came open for a spot above me and they asked me to find someone for them, instead of asking me if I wanted the position.

Kineticom is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - RAN Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - RAN Engineer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Kineticom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The support staff is great! They are professional and friendly and regularly ask how things are going on my project.

Cons

I have no cons to report. The corporate staff does their best to make sure I am taken care of.

No added value from using Kineticom...

Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Kineticom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The only reason I use Kineticom as my Contracting company is the fact that they are an approved vendor for AT&T.

Cons

Great at maintaining payroll, but unwilling to go and help negotiate for a new contract when my job description and responsibilities increased tremendously. Getting paid 25% less than other contractors doing the same work in my office…

Listen to your "employee" and go to bat for them to get the pay they deserve...

I am working with Kineticom less than a year and over all i have a great experience with the staff and management team .

Current Employee - RF Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kineticom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Kineticom take care a lot of their employee , recruiting staff is really really great , Account director is also sometime visit to us and knows hows the thing is going .

Cons

No Downside right now ,will let you know if have in future :)

Paid holiday ....remove the condition that employee must have to work day before and after the holiday

Awesome

I have been working at Kineticom full-time

Pros

Good Place to work and awesome people

Cons

There is not a con

It's a great place to work!

Current Employee - RF Engineer
    Current Employee - RF Engineer

I have been working at Kineticom as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Proactive, professional and responsive to your needs.

Cons

The health benefits offer could get better.

Fair!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Kineticom

Pros

Pay on time, Organise group lunch and encourage participation in local Wireless Group, provide excellent contractor care service

Cons

Do not cover healh care cost, Poor health care plan, no paid time off.

Provide better health care coverage and benefit