King Aerospace

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerry King-Echevarria

The opportunity to be the best I could be and perform outstanding projects!

Program Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsJerry has always allowed me to work, supervise and manage with little or no direct over the shoulder supervision. He has the ability to size up his employees and let them exceed their expectations if they are willing to put out the time and effort. He is by no means the easiest boss I have worked for but the past years have been the most satisfying of my aerospace career. He demands the best, accepts no excuses and rewards good work.

ConsThe company is like a lot of aerospace companies right now with a struggle to keep good people and satisfying work available for the workforce. Sometimes it appears to the outside that there are too many 'bosses and supervisors.'

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your people as who they are to include knowing something about their likes, dislikes, family and background. The more you know and listen to what is said by employees the better manager you will be. Always do what is right for them, the customer and the company. Be honest, truthful and above approach with your word and support for the company's principal's. All the principals that the company lives by are deeply imbedded in the owners personality and beliefs and if you cannot support, then maybe this is not for you. Don't be afraid to do whatever it takes to help the company prosper and you will be rewarded in more ways than you can imagine.

Working At King Aerospace Has Been The Best Experience of My Life

Team Member (Current Employee) Ardmore, OK

ProsI truly enjoy working in an atmosphere where everyone is expected to do their job and are held accountable for their performance. Here, if someone struggles, training and encouragement is provided and everything possible is done to help that person become successful. When I go to work each day, all I have to do is my job and always do the right thing for our customers, co-workers, and the organization. When I accepted this job over 7 years ago, I intended to only be here long enough to find something I really wanted to do. After a few months, I realized that this IS what I really want to do. Now, they would have to carry me out kicking and screaming! The mission statement is about making a POSITIVE difference in people's lives. I see this happen on a daily basis. My association with this company has been one of the most positive experiences of my life.

ConsOne of the things I find most challenging is that sometimes people just don't have what it takes or they are not willing to put forth the effort to be successful here. They end up leaving the company and blame the company. What really needs to happen is for them to take a long hard look in the mirror!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise to management is to continue to be passionate about Servant Leadership, the Cornerstone Principles, and keep making Positive Differences in the lives of those that allow it to happen. You have a FANTASTIC organization!

An environment that struggles with itself, poised between Cornerstone Principals, Servant Leadership and hypocrisy.

ProsThe shared sense of foreboding between workers actually creates the cohesiveness the owner seeks. Outstanding paint work for the right customers.

ConsA culture of fear spread across all strata including those in the inner circle. So much so that bravado stories told by the owner of his extracting revenge, threatening to cut someone he disagrees with and brandishing a weapon to highlight the end of a discussion almost seem appropriate given the management by image style.
    Co-dependent enabling to avoid confrontation... A broken connection between investing in the company, its founding principles and creating a facade to imply success in order to influence potential customers.
    Constant implication of impending financial disaster while spending lavishly on image.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeyond help. This organization attempts to reset regularly but for the wrong reasons, personnel are your best and most valuable assets yet they are swapped out routinely with visible immediate removal of personnel being a regular event.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrific

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ardmore, OK

ProsThe Free Beans at lunchtime

ConsVery difficult accusatory job atmosphere of fear and intimidation by the owner, who unbelievably sits in a hot pink desk on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove

A great experience!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsA positive environment, family oriented, strong values, they really helped me grow as a person, and good money

ConsHeld to a high standard

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staying true to your values

A very good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ardmore, OK

ProsMoney and the friends I made.

ConsCold as Alaska in the Winter. Burning Hot in the Summers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Fans or swamp coolers and better heating

IT Administrator

IT Administrator (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsNone that i cna think of

ConsManagement more interested in doing it cheaply than right.
    Thinking old = old school

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your IT people handle the technology and you manage your Aerospace part.
    Don't let secrecy hinder getting the job done right.

Nut House

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery Unorganized Upper Management a dream job for a contractor, just blend in and milk them dry.

ConsVery unprofessional, unorganized, backwoods, hillbilly, redneck, backstabbin, poor quality, good ol boy, faa needs to look into, ardmurler oklerhomey.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your wheels greased. And wipe your rear with those Cornerstone Principals, they look good on paper, and that's as far as they go.

King Aerospace values

Purchaser (Current Employee) Ardmore, OK

ProsKACC is a great place to work, family oriented, and high values. i love my job and the employees that i work with. Jerry King has been a great influence in my success with KACC and has more passion for the aircraft industry than anyone i have ever met.

ConsKACC needs more employees with the same principles and values the current employees have. we have had our ups and downs but we are destined to succeed.

Advice to Senior Managementbe wise in the employees you choose to become part of our family.

Struggling Company

Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee)

ProsHas a core value system
    Friendly Management

ConsCompany is struggling to garner business.. Lay-off's are common. Very up and down.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize your employees for the skills they already possess.

Worked for King Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!