King Soopers Reviews

Reset
2.8
King Soopers President Russ Dispense
Russ Dispense

Pros
  • good pay if you can get a decent position and benefits do to union (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, you meet great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It takes a long time to get Full time (in 9 reviews)

• low pay in the beginning, but once you hit journeyman wages, it is very good (in 5 reviews)

1. Deli Clerk

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The store that I work at is very fast paced so there is always something to do. The top out pay is amazing, and the longer you stay the better the benefits. Easy to make a good career if you are willing to get it.

Cons

It seems like some of Management only cares about the numbers they report to their uppers instead of making sure The customers are getting quick efficient service.

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay raises, insurance, and paid vacation

Cons

you have to be there a long time to make enough to survive on your own or get any schedule you want

Advice to Management

give a higher minimum hours. 20 hours a week is not enough to live on unless you have a roommate and make at least $13 an hour

3. Looks good on a resume

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid for PTCB materials, hours flexible

Cons

starting pay is atrocious. 12.50 for certified technicians is lagging in industry pay. get this job for experience and find something with better pay/benefits.

5. Pre-employment screening

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My wife shops there regularly, but I have not always heard positive things about the working conditions. The HR does not contact you to confirm if negative information they find is correct or not. The credit repoting agencies will post information without verifying if it pertains to you, but it takes time and expense to have it corrected.

Cons

My on-line application was accepted and I began receiving daily emails of postings at various stores in my area. i received an email stating I did not have qualifications for a courtesy clerk and no longer receive the emails. Either someone does not like the fact that I filled in duringthe 1994 strike, or erroneous credit reporting infomation is being used to eliminate candidates from consideration. The cresit reporting agency data is not verified as accurate. A third party other than Experian, Equinox or Transunion is being used. Erroneous information about a person with a similar name on my profile has been removed from all three primary credit rpoting agencies. But some third party firms post out-of-date information without verifying its accuracy. Their fine print says it is not to be used to determine eleigibility for hiring, credit, etc.

Advice to Management

Verify a person's identity and background information with one of the there Experian, Transition or Equiifax. Other credit or personal information sites do not verify information that they post. The also include a footnote that their information is not to be used for purposes of hiring, credit applications, etc. Data pertaining to another person with diffferent middle name, birth year and places of employment has been removed from the Transition, Equinox and Experian but still appears pn sites like per finder or other snooping sites.

6. A Review

I have been working at King Soopers

Pros

ONLY the dedicated personnel I work with. They remain dedicated because of their personal integrity, not any incentive provided by King Sooper AKA Kroger.

Cons

Poor Management ( at the Senior Level) Staffing shortages with additional work load imposed on those dedicated Lack of implementation of employee input Way too low wages Union v Company - Us v Them Get rid of it by negotiating or decertification of Union by becoming an employer of choice because Management wants to attract and retain good employees

Advice to Management

As a Management employee in a variety of industries to include Food and Beverage and Telecommunication I was a patron of King Soopers believing the empolyees were handsomely compensated. Not so much. Please get out of your Victorian mentality. Pay the BEST wages, the BEST benefits with or without the Union. The service we provide will attract the revenue to the bottom line with the best in personnel.

7. Courtesy Clerk

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to adjust my schedule to catch a bus in my first week, Managers were able to help with concerns and most of my coworkers are pretty cool people. Because I am someone who sleeps in rather late they have me on the latest shift for a CC which they normally have for new employees but I am content enough to continue this shift

Cons

Training Videos are not a good source of training for some things that are seen more often than not. Collecting Carts is a bit difficult since the hooks break pretty often or don't work. Not really much opportunity for vacations and sick days til you are at the company long.

Advice to Management

Hooks for collecting carts should get replaced/fixed quickly so we can insure customers have the sizes they needed stocked more efficiently.

8. Good compamy

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

good pay rate and promotions

Cons

there is not enough flexability

9. An ok starter jod

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

A good start jod for a young person. Not a place I would want to spend more than a few years working for.

Cons

Horrible pay and treatment. They expect the work of five people from one and have little to no the people the situation that they put their employees into. Some of the managers like to dangle day off or vacation request in front of you and not letting you know if you got it until it gets close to the time. Don't switch positions and tell you get your raise or you lose all your hours and have to start over to get that raise

Advice to Management

Treat your people better and maybe they would stick around. Also better pay would help.

Delivery

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Commerce City, CO
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Commerce City, CO

I have been working at King Soopers

Pros

Opportunity to advance is there, you will have a great time as long as you are responsible and work hard.

Cons

The managers can sometimes get frustrating but just as any job, you have to deal with it.

good Company

Current Employee - General Merchandise Department Manager
    Current Employee - General Merchandise Department Manager

I have been working at King Soopers

Pros

Can be a little stressful at times but plenty of growth potential.

Cons

Very customer focused which can make a work life balance hard to maintain under certain situations.

RSS Feed </> Embed